[D1 EM] I'm hunting...not a wabbit

Seppun Takako

[D1 EM] I'm hunting...not a wabbit

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Takako held her spear firm, glancing around. There were rumors of boars on the countryside, digging up the crops of the locals. She had some experience with that back home, they were a nuisance...but also very tasty, if cooked right.

She waited patiently, the light of Amaterasu just beginning to shine. She knew from experience some of the cannier ones will use this early time to do their dastardly deeds....and there was one.

She waited, her eyes tracking her pray, her right arm slowly raising the yari....before she let it fly into the side of the boar.

Yatta!

OOC:
D1 EM Hunting/Per for Event, VP for +1k1, +5 from TA, 1 CR, TN 25: 5d10o10k4+5 30
Stag * Bushi * Virtuous * Waifu
Carries: Light armor, yari, iron sword, yumi

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D1 EM] I'm hunting...not a wabbit

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 19, 2020 8:07 pm

Appearing just out of a denser patch of crops, Kinsen golden hair shines over the tall vegetation with the reflection of Amaterasu's light. A following, dragging sound is heard as she moves nearby Takako. "I've got one here as well, Takako-san!"

Even being a Hantei, Kinsen lived with the Seppun alongside his husband, and learned much of the ways of the kami with them. It was family to her.

The Champion's wife lifts a fat boar with one arm, as if it wasn't that heavy, to show her catch.

--
Hunting/Perception TN 20 + VP: 4d10o10k3 33
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 pm

"Kinsen-sama, ohayo." She replied in a voice that was of slightly lower volume. It was the morning, and she did not wish to scare away any game. "Nice catch. Have you been here long?"

She herself pulled the yari from her catch, cleaning the blood with a cloth for now.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 pm

She smiles brightly at the greeting. "A very good morning to you as well. Mother-in-law-kami-dono blesses us with her graces so warmly."

Kinsen places the animal near the one taken by Takako. It wasn't bleeding, but it was surely dead. She grins proudly, reminding herself she was taking stuff from Anjing's hunting grounds right under her nose.

The tall woman looks to her clothes, and adjusts the kimono that was a bit off. She sighs a bit, lamenting. "What a shame. I'll need to clean this soon. Not a presentable form."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Takako eyed her kimono. "Would you like some help Kinsen-sama?" She seemed tense for a moment. "Perhaps next time try hunting in more...durable clothes. Or expendable." She smiled feebly. "I am sure you will look as beautiful as you were at our wedding."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 19, 2020 8:57 pm

"There was only one beauty to be considered at your wedding, and that as you. But yes, I do need some help. Thank you, Takako-san." Kinsen turn around, and perches a bit her behind to check for marks, asking, "Is there any stain?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Takako smiled. "Kinsei-sama is very kind." She observed the kimono critically. "Nothing permanent. Let's get these back to the castle, and I'll clean you up at the river. I think with some serious scrubbing you will look perfect when your mother-in-law will smile down upon you." She tentatively widened her smile. "And your husband will fall in love with you again, Kinsen-sama."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 19, 2020 11:30 pm

"Thank the fortunes there's no stain on it. It's a gift from Doji-kami." She sighs relieved, and nods to Takako, saying, "I wouldn't advise bathing at the river. The rapids are quite treacherous. Fortunately, there's a bath house in the city. I dare say... similar... to the one Shinjo-kami built at Otosan Uchi." She mentions the name of the first city around the Seppun Hills.

The tall woman turns her eyes up to the Heavens with pleading hands, as Tadako mentions her husband. "May Benten-kami blessing be so great he falls in love with me every day of his life." Kinsen breathes deeply, adding, a much needed, "Very much so. Please!"

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 11:54 pm

"It is certainly magnificent. Did Doji-kami sew it herself?" She admired the kimono admiringly. "I am certainly envious." She sighed and started dragging. "Oh? I confess, I have only visited a handful of times. I have not had the time...but perhaps I will try and make time while I am here. Well, I can still wash the kimono while you bathe."

She chuckled and followed her example and pleaded to the Heavens. "I hope Chisei-kun will not realize what a poor match he snagged too soon."

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed May 20, 2020 1:29 am

Not far away, there was a rustling in a leafy coppice and a pair of brown eyes peered out warily at the two Seppun women.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed May 20, 2020 6:45 am

"Yes." She replies and looks up, not absolutely sure. "I mean. I imagine so. Doji-kami is very skilled."

Kinsen chuckles her head at her plead. "He's the lucky one, becoming one of us. Never forget that the Seppun is the first Family to serve. He should be very proud to have such an.... honorable wife." The golden haired woman takes a moment to find the words often quoted by Hantei.

As eyes peer up, she turns and frowns a bit to take a better sight. Noticing was another wanderer, she greets. "Hello there."

TN to be recognized is 0

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed May 20, 2020 10:33 am

The brown eyes blink, vanish, and then a whole person emerges from the thick leaves.

"Greetings." The voice has an accent that isn't much like any of the well-known tribes, and belongs to a sturdy young woman in coarse clothes that could hardly be more different from Kinsen's fine kimono. She has a bulging pack over one shoulder, and two dead wabbits--err, rabbits--dangle by their hind legs from one hand. The other hand presses to her chest over the heart, fingers splayed, which seems to be a greeting-gesture.

She has seen the dead boars, and the hand holding the rabbits twitches, setting the limp things a-sway as she makes as if to hide them behind her back, then thinks better of it. She holds them out toward Kinsen and Takako instead. "Are these your lands? I took rabbits here. If that's wrong..."
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Wed May 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Takako smiled. "Well, I am lucky too. He is a good man, and a great sage." She let out a sigh but tensed when she noticed the new arrival. "Ie...these are Seidou lands, from the Crab clan. We are of the Stag clan. Seppun Takako." She indicated to herself, though she did grip her spear just in case. "And you are?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm

"Hantei Kinsen, of the Stag." The tall woman introduces herself right after. "These are the lands of the Crab, but I don't think Anjing-sama will complain if you're hunting for the rescue party."

TN to be recognized is 0

Ko

Post by Ko » Thu May 21, 2020 12:27 am

"Oh." Ko nodded. Clans were something like moieties, she'd gathered on the way here--except there were more than two, and all were named for animals. Stag Clan even sounded familiar.

"It... I guess it is for the rescue party. That's all right." She nodded again, breaking into a smile. "I name myself Ko. My people live by the shore far east of here. I came to join this adventure."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 5:51 am

"Well. Honored to meet you, Ko, the Rabbit Hunter." Kinsen chuckles. "Are you sure you want to joint 'this adventure' –– I mean: it will be extremely dangerous."

TN to be recognized is 0

Ko

Post by Ko » Thu May 21, 2020 5:58 am

"There are no good stories without some danger." With a devil-may-care shrug, Ko slung the rabbits over her shoulder. "Besides, I have a boon to ask these gods from the heavens. If I help them, maybe they will want to listen."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 6:18 am

"A boon." Kinsen smiles at her attitude with joy. "Well. I am wife to one. Tell me more about it."

TN to be recognized is 0

Ko

Post by Ko » Thu May 21, 2020 8:07 am

"You're... what?" Ko blinked at Kinsen, shaking her head a little. That's a thing? There were all sorts of stories about humans marrying otherworldly beings, as Ko knew very well. But this was still unexpected enough to put her at a loss for words for a moment. She peered more sharply at Kinsen--turning her head slightly so that her gaze was at least sidelong rather than rudely direct--and then at Takako, too, for good measure. "Her, too?"

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Thu May 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Takako giggled. "Ie. I am just the wife of a very wonderful yet mortal man." She inclined her head. "Though we are glad to help, and I feel Hantei-kami is also generally inclined to help others, from my brief experience of him, but Kinsen-sama knows better, of course." She smiled.

"Thoguh it shall be a dangerous adventure for sure, but we welcome all aid."

Return to “Surrounding Farmlands”