[Day 22, Late Morning] Let the Healing Begin (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 22, Late Morning] Let the Healing Begin (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:39 pm

"I most certainly can call you a hypocrite, since you gave me the damn idea! Besides, everyone has it coming- you, me, and most definitely anyone the Crane send to visit..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:44 pm

"I will forgive you teaching them to hit Nanzi's people in the butt," she muttered, the mirth apparent in her voice as she said it. "I do not like that man. He's a brave one, and he risked his life to defend all of us more than once. I respect that. But I ... do not like him, or his sense of "Honor" at all. So a few darts in the fanny might do well to teach his servants some much needed humility. I'm not sure heaven itself could teach him that."
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:49 pm

"Oh, he and I might well kill each other one of these days. He... embraces all about the Empire that causes me concern. I'm sure I embody the same worry for him."

He grinned, a trace of the bloody-handed fighter he had been before leaving the Hikaru five years earlier.

"I have spent this expedition playing nice, because dissension would have only served Jigoku, but rest assured... a few darts to his windbag courtiers' posteriors are the least of what I have in store for him if he oversteps himself."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:43 pm

"I'm far more on your side of things, and I... don't think the little teacher particularly likes that man, though I doubt he'd ever say so too openly. He tries to be a little bit of everything for everyone, even if he doesn't like them." A shake of her head. "I have a feeling we may need men like Nanzi at times, but I want very little to do with them. I dread that Shinsei's closeness to Hantei will mean I have to run into Kinsen more. She's... a nice woman, but hard to deal with and ... she shares a lot in common with Nanzi, even if I don't get the feeling of ambition from her I do from him. They're like a couple peas in a pod, aren't they?"

She really didn't hate Kinsen, but their talks had never been comfortable. Their worlds were drastically different places, and Nozomi was only visiting if she could help it. She just kind of looked at her like the woman was from another country entirely sometimes. But... she could try with her. She was disinclined to try with Nanzi as much.

"Personally, I need to see more of this empire you boys have been making. See what you've done with the place. Too long in the mountains. Have to get a look around."
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:46 am

"Kinsen is useful, because through her... you can see what the followers are up to. See the risks, as it were. Nanzi is a bit more dangerous, because for all of his dogshit about 'service,' he is not and has never been content to serve. Moreover.... he's like those praise-singers we had back in the mountains, the guys who would psych a chief up to do something by talking about how great they are, without regard to who they were going to get killed when the chiefs actually listened to them. One does as they're told. The other tries to actively rally forces in directions they might not otherwise have taken. But yes, you should see the Empire. And then tell us where we're fucking up, because we need people with the courage to do that."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:16 am

"I think that's a good way of putting it. Kinsen's just hard to get along with, but I can still understand her somewhat." And she was likely to be trouble over the whole 'not married' thing, but that was a bridge to cross later. The woman was in no condition for it right now if her current sequestering was any indication. "And Nanzi... is a bit too smooth. But ... we should probably get back to town. We've both got things to do, and I'm pretty sure you and I will see each other at the capital. It's his first stop he has planned."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am

"In that case, I'll have to see about getting the princesses out for some fishing time while you're there. Could be a nice break from the trail... for all of us. But for now, you're right, we should head back, if only because I think it's going to be a long day."

Return to “Surrounding Farmlands”