[D1 EE] Box Loading

Taochusu

[D1 EE] Box Loading

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 am

Taochusu returned to the courtyard after his voluntary chores in the farmlands to continue helping out. Much of the provisions that had been gathered earlier had been packed up and were being loaded so he decided to put his size to use. Moving to one of the piles of sealed boxes, he begins hauling them to the wagons by himself with the guidance of someone who knew which ones had what and which order they needed to be loaded.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D1 EE] Box Loading

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 1:20 am

While husband was dealing with important matter with the other smart folks in town, Kinsen took her extra time to blow up some steam and show Bishamon his blessings were not wasted.

Wearing a thin and simple white kimono with beige hakama, bandages to contain her tightly for some heavy lifting, and a golden sash holding up sleeves, the blonde begins to organize and pile up crates and chest around for the journey.

Kinsen notices a gianf moving nearby, and nearly mistakes him for Hida himself. Shaking her head, the woman instructs. "The ones marked with the Stag, please, move them here."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 1:26 am

"No problem," he says. He moves to the stack and gets one under each arm and moves them to where she instructed. Setting one down first and putting the other on top. "Where do you want them in the cart?" he asks, in case one needs easier access than the other.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 am

"We should level them by weight, not much the format. Else the cart may flip." She says, going up the cart to take one of the boxes from Taochosu. Yet, before that, she provides a bow, "I am Hantei Kinsen, of the Stag. Thanks for helping us out."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 1:40 am

"I'm Taochusu," he says, lifting one of the boxes to hand her. He assumes she knows their weight since she's the one directing their loading. "Glad to help."

"I've never really loaded a wagon before so I got no idea. All my stuff just gets strapped to my back when I travel."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 5:22 am

Assuming or not, she takes the load rather easily from his hands –– even if the cart moves a bit down to the extra weight. She replies with a nods. "An honor to meet you. You look like you're from here, but you didn't mention your Family name."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 5:28 am

"No, I'm from much farther north originally. Been traveling alone for most of my life," he clarifies, handing the second box up. "From an earlier conversation, I guess somewhat near where the Isawa tribe is? A bit to the west of there."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 5:39 am

Kinsen cocks her head back, trying to remember the maps she saw Akodo show to Hantei once. Taking the other box, she neatly piles it up on the other side. After securing the load, she turns, takes a step down the cart and looks up at the man. "I was born at the northern mountains west of the Isawa. But was given as a war tribute to the Noriaki. A tribe that has been eradicated by now."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 5:46 am

"I understand that, though maybe in a different way. My tribe was small, and I'm the only survivor of an illness that wiped us out in less than a year when I was 12," he replies. "Been on my own since then."

He moves to the stack to fetch more Stag supplies. Grabbing a chest, he starts carrying it back. Despite its smaller size it was a lot heavier.

"Never had to deal with war. All my fighting has been with dangerous animals and bandits."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 6:09 am

"I am sorry for your loss, Taochusu-san. May your folks find the light of the Fortunes to a better return." She mentions while fetching a similar chest herself. "I have had plenty of fighting with dangerous animals. Specially the ones walking in two legs. Also... I kind of was the bandit in the wars I had to take part of."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 6:22 am

"Hey, people do what they do. Sometimes they change for the better, sometimes they do bad things to survive. That's why it's my policy not to kill if I can help it. Though even then, I don't leave them in a state where they can follow me. If they survive the fight... broken foot, leg or knee and then I take a hike," he says with a shrug.

He moves into the wagon and sets the chest on top of one of the boxes near a corner rather than in the center. Didn't want to stress the weaker part.

"Give them a chance to think about what they did and consider a different way that isn't quite so predatory. Though sometimes circumstances call for a bit more lethal force. A group of 4 or 5 might rethink if the first person into the fight ends up with their head caved in. Usually not, but it worked once."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 8:18 am

Kinsen listens attentively, shaking her head. Once near the cart, she climbs up and places the chest sided to the one Taochusu just moved. Dusting off hands, she faces the giant man again, explaining the wisdom she acquired from Hantei. "I consider that a cruel thing to do. Leave one maimed and mauled for all his life; a burden to the Family and to one's honor. No, it is important that we show the utmost courtesy to our opponents. If there's no way to make peaceful resolution and compromise, swift death should be gifted."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 8:42 am

"I think it's an opportunity to grow. That's how I viewed it the couple times I've been left maimed," he replies as he hops down from the cart.

"Without my shirt and armor, my skin is an obvious cautionary tale against trying to survive on your own in this world, my odd shaped foot a testament to its cruely, my crooked fingers a warning about its dangers, my memories a story about its capacity to cause pain."

He picks up another crate.

"But I think that simply being alive despite all that shows that there's nothing that can't be overcome. So in my heart, I won't take someone's chance to overcome, but I won't leave them without consequences for their actions. It's not the only way to teach, but if they choose me as their teacher, that's how a bandit gets to learn."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 8:52 am

"You have the Fortune's blessings to be able to grow from your mistakes. I understand what you're saying. Yet, isn't it, perhaps, presumptuous of you, to think you are your opponent's teacher?"

Kinsen checks if the crates are properly tied up.

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 9:03 am

"Depends on how you look at it. We can learn from experience and they experience me," he replies with a shrug before he lifts the next box into the cart. "I mean, its certainly not the same as the time I taught a fellow wanderer a few tricks for making arrows and they taught me a bit about cooking. But a a bear isn't a traditional teacher and I learned a lot about surviving bear attacks from one."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 9:12 am

"If you hurt a tiger and it escapes, it will hunt you down the next day." She says with a certain confidence, and adds, "I can't recall bears being passive to an offender they recognize, also. I am glad you survived."

Checks done, Kinsen turns back to him. "Even teaching, we are always learning. That's something a mother cannot deny. I agree on that."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 9:27 am

"Tigers... they're such a pain to deal with," he says with an exasperated sigh. "Fortunately I've only ever had to deal with one of them. That was a nasty tangle. That's the reason I like to keep water boiling at all times while camping in the wild. Most dangerous animals like to run away after a pot full of boiling water to the face. I don't like doing it, but I like getting eaten a whole lot less."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 9:35 am

“Perhaps the tigers I know of are different. Good strategy, though.” She shrugs, realizing rather too late that ego was even bigger than the man.

Kinsen retrieves a bamboo case with water inside and fills a cup, offering it to Taochusu when his hands are freed. Then, she asks. “Where’s your next destination?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 am

"Wherever the expedition is heading. I don't have destinations really. I've always just moved with the animals and survived. Always been enough for me," he says with a shrug. "How about yourself? Where do the Stag go when the expedition's done?"
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 am

“Are you aware of the expedition’s goals?” She makes sure to inquire, as many others seemed to be rather clueless.

“The Stag. If we return, should move back to the Golden Sun Plains and expand cities, roads and farmlands.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “Courtyard”