[D1 LA] - Vigil and a Meal (Semi-Closed)

Nozomi

Re: [D1 LA] - Vigil and a Meal (Semi-Closed)

Post by Nozomi » Thu May 21, 2020 4:29 am

She snorted. "I've spoken with a few of your kin. I doubt honor is first in their concerns. Results seemed to be what they wanted more than 'doing it the right way.' I respect that. Honor sounds like a good way to get yourself killed." There was a dark mirth there but she sighed, seemingly relieved.

"So they don't answer you either, do they? I've tried... once or twice... but nothing." Her boring eyes looked intensely at the other woman, the curiosity there as they talked about the gods, interested in her reactions, motives.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 21, 2020 9:19 am

The urge to yell I'm not stealing and run away rose at that stare. Instead, she just casually responded, "True, but that may change when we rescue Fu Leng. Who knows with gods?" She shrugged. "I'll worry about Honor when I need to. Until then, I will just scout out whatever horrors we face and run away and tell the fighters and shugenja about it."
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu May 21, 2020 10:11 am

She relaxed a little, some of the curiosity sated for now, but still more lingering in her eyes. There was definitely an element of 'always staring' in the way the veil and hood framed them. It was hard to soften the gaze because of how little of her face was truly exposed, which was what she wanted. The funny part about that was that she was terrible at actually intimidating people. She had no knack or skill at it. She was just good at making people feel uncomfortable around her.

"Who can say with them, yes. Not until one knows them," she admitted. "I certainly hope they aren't all like I've heard Akodo is, though. I couldn't take it. But, for now, as you said. We watch, search for trouble... and call them to deal with it. Or... liquidate it ourselves." Though the way the girl spoke, she had a feeling she was much more the scout, not the blade in the dark.

Phi wasn't quite so nice.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 21, 2020 11:05 am

"Dunno about Akodo. But I guess there would be a reason he's not married yet." Ninube shrugs as is her habit. "Liquidate? You mean kill? Sure. If they're asleep or something. But I'm not much of a fighter. Taking their stuff? Sure. But a fight where they can fight back? I'd rather have Kanna-sama do that."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu May 21, 2020 11:48 am

"I've heard he's stiff and honorable." And a good general, but that was beside the point. She personally considered that plenty of reason not to go near the man. She chuckled a little and shrugged. "If you want to practice with a bow one of these days, let me know. Kinda handy for not getting into straight up fights if they don't know it's coming, but I get it. Better to have eyes ahead than none at all."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 21, 2020 2:31 pm

"Well, stiff doesn't describe Shinjo at least. Or Fu Leng according to how she described him." After a moment of consideration, "I wouldn't mind learning bow some. I might have something to show you. Maybe. I need to find someone first."

She was curious about the offer. Was Phi planning on making Ninube in her debt somehow? Ha. Ninube's life has been taking without paying people back. Or did she have some sort of plot? Maybe she just wanted to get in good with a Clan and sees Ninube as a way? Ninube certainly understood that and actually seemed to like Phi. But regardless, she didn't take this offer as something from the goodness of Phi's heart. As Phi had already told her, she is not nice.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 22, 2020 3:11 am

Curiously, while Phi was definitely not a nice person, her view of interactions was far more simple and transactional than it was plotting. Plotting was for people who led armies or sat in rooms talking all day. She was a blade in the night, and having good blades to back her up never hurt. Of course... getting in good with the spider wasn't a bad thing on its own merits. They'd been sensible so far.

"Heh. If you've got a knack or stealth, I'm always looking for pointers." That much was true. Her skills were appreciable, but there were limits to them. She'd developed as a generalist, to hit all the bases.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 am

"I could do that." Ninube nodded. She then pilfered a food item from a crate and revealed it. "I have a few useful skills." She then put it back, hoping it was suitably impressive. "You're right. The more we learn from each other, the more likely we will survive."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 22, 2020 8:52 am

Ok, that suitably impressed her. She didn't have as good a handle on legerdemain as she did hunting and tracking. Her work was in the wilds, where you could legitimately carry your weapons in the open, but in town there was a value to that that was undeniable. She grunted and nodded. "No using that trick on me, just saying... but not bad. Your fingers are lighter than mine." She was definitely smirking. "I think trading a little archery for light finger training sounds like a good way to spend some of our time, definitely. Not quite sure my beat sticks aren't a little too big for that one, but there's some smaller sorts that I bet you could palm like that."

Definitely not the narc type. She'd never been that honest.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 22, 2020 10:23 am

"Don't worry. I wouldn't use such things on an ally. A weaken ally is less of a help. An ally who wants your head is even worse help." Ninube chuckles. "Seems like we have a deal then. Though your beatsticks, well, it probably depends on how loose clothing you're wearing."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 22, 2020 10:43 am

"Maybe." She had every expectation that it might be just a little bit too loose for her tastes while trying to remain quiet. "But yes, definitely a deal. You never know when a new trick will matter in unexpected ways." But yes. That was quite enough of the commisserating over being sneaky bastards. There were a few in the camp, which she appreciated. There was going to be a time when it mattered, she was certain of it.

"So, what'd you nab anyway? You'd probably better eat it before someone who gives a fig wanders over." Heh, she really was a terrible wagon guard.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 22, 2020 10:51 am

"It just an apple. I already put it back." She nods her head back to the barrel. "It was more showing what I can do than wanting anything."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 22, 2020 10:56 am

"Ah, you are good at that," she said, considering she hadn't noticed the thing getting put back. "It's not the sort of thing we train in among the mountains. Like to be able to forage whenever we can. Raids... usually just make trouble if you don't absolutely need them." She glanced out over towards the south and tapped her lips.

"So. What do you give our odds? It's just the two of us." She was thinking... 50/50. There were a lot of very soft people here, and she was dead sure she'd seen someone blind besides Reiko.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 22, 2020 11:57 am

"Hmm.... It's hard to tell. This isn't sneaking into a merchant's camp and snagging some food where I can size up the camp layout and the people. We have gods on our side, but we're going into one of the hells and probably fighting monsters." NInube shrugs. "At this point, I say about a much chance we will succeed as fail. It will be easier to tell once we get there."

Return to “Courtyard”