Quartering and Mastering (D1, EA)

Jiyo Sora

Re: Quartering and Mastering (D1, EA)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 4:19 am

"Not forever. Which may shock them, but... look at Ryoshun."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 4:26 am

Her expression was a bit more somber, thinking of Nazo's husband.

"They can be killed, though that's no easy feat, but it's more a question of if they will age like we do."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 4:27 am

"Oh, that? Probably not."

He chuckled and tapped the cheekbone under his eye.

"Back when they were driving this insane just by existing, I saw a myriad of futures. They never withered from time alone in any that I saw."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 4:31 am

She didn't know if it was true, but just the possibility of it filled her with a great sadness.

"It must be a lonely life... to see all your loved ones eventually wither away. For what is a lifetime to us might eventually seem like just a brief time to them."

Taking a deep breath, she shook her head and tried to dispel such sad thoughts. "Well... who knows. There is no destiny than what we make ourselves."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 4:34 am

"You begin to see why I had- and sometimes still have- misgivings."

A shrug.

"But as you say, we're in it now. We can't stop time to try to understand it, we simply have to jump into the current and swim as best we can."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 4:37 am

"I was always a terrible swimmer," she said with a brief laugh, though it wasn't clear if she meant it literally or in the metaphoric sense.

"Are you prepared for the journey ahead?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 4:40 am

"No. I don't think any of us truly are. We're venturing in a nonhuman empire that has collapsed due to an incursion from the Spirit Realms. Anyone saying they're entirely prepared for lies ahead is a fool, because we simply do not know. But... I've taken such precautions as I can."

True, those precautions had included leaving letters in case of his death, but that was just life.

"I think I am as ready as I can be, given the vast gaps in my knowledge."

A pause.

"And you?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 5:53 am

"I think, like you, I am as ready as I can be, given what little knowledge I have and what resources I have." Saruko gave a certain nod. "As you say, none of us are truly prepared for what awaits us... I don't think even the Nezumi truly knows what lies ahead."

It was about more than just knowing the land and dangers. As far as she knew, the Nezumi couldn't predict the future.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 5:57 am

He fixed her with a look. Then he laughed- not his usual chuckle, but more of a full-throated thing

"Now you're sounding like me. Things must be grim."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 5:59 am

The laugh and remark made her laugh as well. "Oh dear... I must be spending too much time with you already if I start to sound like you." She made a face and stuck her tongue out at him.

"I suppose I've just become more thoughtful and contemplative these past years. These weird things parenthood do to you, I guess, or just living life with a Kami of great insight."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 6:06 am

"Well, as Old Gondo used to say, the only difference between good judgment and bad judgment is experience, and we've all had five years of that since we first met."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 6:29 am

"That much is true."

Looking around, it seemed like the organizational efforts were coming along nicely. "We should probably focus back on the tasks at hand, yes? Though it's been nice to catch up again."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 6:50 am

"I expect we'll find a few more opportunities on the road ahead, but if we don't- make that husband of yours visit his relatives, hm?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 7:21 am

"I will tell him you said so, Sora," she smirked.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 5:21 pm

"bah, like he listens to me!"

He laughed, then offered a bow.

"Here's hoping we travel well, my friend."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 8:39 pm

"You'd be surprised. He listens to everyone."

Smiling, she gave a bow in return. "Safe travels."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 am

"Given where we're both going, that seems unlikely, but hope springs eternal."

He gave a grin and took his leave.

[/Exit pursued by a rumor]

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 am

Chuckling, she gave a wave to her departing friend and returned to work, happily chatting with others about the man she had just spoken to.

/scene

Theme 2Profile

Return to “Courtyard”