[D1: EA: Expecting] Toss a bone

Inga

[D1: EA: Expecting] Toss a bone

Post by Inga » Wed May 20, 2020 6:29 am

Inga walked around the courtyard looking at the beautiful day. Perhaps it was too nice but not time to be fatalistic. Inga and her superstitious nature decided to take a seat in a near by bench. She take out her bones to see what the day really brings. She tosses them and finds that all will be mostly well on this day.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Shinjo Miuna

Re: [D1: EA: Expecting] Toss a bone

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 am

Miuna wandered around the courtyard, still barefoot from gathering herbs earlier. Her eyes fell upon a young woman, tossing some sort of stones, no sticks? She was not sure what they were, but was immediately intrigued. She headed towards her with purpose and crouched next to the bench so she could get a closer look at what she was doing, trying her best not to disrupt her. She stared at the little pieces with intense curiosity.

Aono watched her sister from a distance, and saw when her attention was caught. She slowly made her way over in case she was needed.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed May 20, 2020 9:19 am

Inga looked at her bones and smile as she noticed the girl looking at her bones with intrigue. The girls picked them up and offered them to the Unicorn. "Want to give it a try?"
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed May 20, 2020 11:13 am

Miuna perked up, pointing at herself in question and then nodding. She happily took the pieces from the woman and imitated what she had seen. She closed her hands around them and gently shook them, tossing them on to the bench beside the woman. She looked up at her, quizzical.

Aono stood nearby, watching silently.

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed May 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Inga chuckled at the eager girl. She watched where the bones have landed. Inga looked up and smile. "Have you done this before?"

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu May 21, 2020 12:25 am

Miuna shook her head slowly, awe struck by the woman. She wondered if the pieces meant something depending on how they fell. She waited patiently for her to elaborate.

Aono came near, bending a bit to look over what the women were doing. "Ah, some divining? Hello, I am Shinjo Aono and this is my sister, Miuna. Thank you for taking the time to show her this, I'll not interrupt you." She straightened and stepped back to let them continue.

Inga

Post by Inga » Thu May 21, 2020 12:46 am

"Oh... no worries. I am Inga from the Shoji tribe. It is nice to meet you both." Inga looked at the bones and their positions. "You didn't imbue the bones with your wish to know."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu May 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Miuna studied the bones. "Oh," she said simply.

"You ask a question in your mind and then toss them," Aono said.

"Any question?" She signed.

"Any question."

She thought about it for a moment. She had many burning questions but was unsure she wanted those specific ones answered. She held one in particular in her mind and then picked up the bones and gave them another gentle shake before releasing them onto the bench. She watched them fall and then looked to the woman.

Inga

Post by Inga » Thu May 21, 2020 11:43 pm

Inga nodded as Aono explained how it worked. "The spirits around you can listen to your thoughts. They are the ones to show you what might happen." The Shoji nodded again. "Each one has a different spirit... I am rambling..." Inga chuckled.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 am

Miuna shook her head and Aono said, "We don't mind in the slightest. Do continue, it is such a fascinating subject." She paused. "I don't think we've introduced ourselves. I'm Shinjo Aono and this is my sister, Miuna. She cannot hear, hence the strange hand movements. She can understand you perfectly when speaking to her, though. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 22, 2020 2:58 am

"You did... I am sorry... I didn't introduce myself... I am Inga of the Shoji." She smiled. "Everything has a spirit... or so I am told." The woman gave it a thought. "There are special people that can talk to them... You know."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 22, 2020 7:42 am

"Inga is a very beautiful name," Aono said softly. "When did you discover your gift for divination?"

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 22, 2020 9:00 am

Inga slightly blushed. "Thank you." The girl lowered her head. "I... was very young when was told about omens... and my place on this spirit place... I have weight to carry from them." The girl is rather somber. "But if it wasn't for such occurrences I would be lost."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 22, 2020 9:35 am

Miuna, standing now, put her hand gently on Inga's shoulder in understanding.

"May we hear the results of the divination?" Aono asked, bringing their attention back to the bones.

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 22, 2020 9:51 am

"Right..." Inga perked up. She started looking at the position of the bones. "I see fog and illusion."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 am

"What in the world does that mean?" Miuna, signed. How annoyingly vague, she sniffed. "Please ask her for more information."

Aono asked Inga, "Fog and illusion? Could you elaborate at all? Or is it very unclear?" Concern tinged her voice. Illusion implied dishonesty and that made her stomach turn.

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 pm

"Fog means a clouded mind that is filled with troubles and a journey that might continue to cloud it or if the way is found victory. Illusions in the fog will lead you astray to find that something or someone is deceiving you." Inga looked at Aono.

Return to “Courtyard”