[D24LM] Finding Kinsen

Seppun Chisei

[D24LM] Finding Kinsen

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:08 am

The room was clean and quiet. Chisei had made sure of that. He'd laid out a bedroll, making sure to layer it with the softest of cloths. He'd prepared a deep bowl of water, taken right from the river earlier that morning. He had some bandages; not for his patient, but for him. Communing with the kami would almost certainly be expected for something like this.

Chisei frowned as he waited, biting his lip. The thought of losing his memory terrified him; how much of himself would he lose if he forgot everything he'd done? Would he forget Takako? The conversation with Saruko, of ones path being shaped by the past, came to mind. What if the past vanished?

Gently, he shook his head. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that. Hopefully Kinsen could be helped.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D24LM] Finding Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:18 am

Kinsen was there, staring with into the nothing while holding her chin with both hands. She blinks occasionally, looking to the man examining her, and then back at the ceiling once more.

A gray ceiling, carefully worked and cemented to be rigid enough to support the floor above, Even though, a very dense and dark wooden beam crossed it over. It was painted in a dark blue. A good color, she thinks. Perhaps it was also good to keep moist to get into the wood and rot it from within. Or to protect it from termites.

Coloring all that would have taken a lot of paint.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:38 am

Chisei smiled gently down at Kinsen, hoping she wouldn't see the worry in his eyes. What did someone with amnesia think about? Chisei certainly wouldn't have guessed ceilings or paint.

"I'm going to begin." Chisei said, his voice deep, soft, soothing. Grasping his dagger, he brought it to his left wrist. A slightly deeper cut than usual; this was serious healing, after all. Then, whispering prayers, he sprinkled the blood in a semi-circle on the stones around her head. Quickly binding his wrist, he wiped his hands clean, then dipped them in the water, anointing them in the pure substance

He brought his hands to Kinsen's temples, letting them gently rest against the side of her head. Still whispering prayers, Chisei let the healing energy flow into her...

---------------------------------------

D24, healing Kinsen (futilely), Regrow, TN20, vp: 7d10o10k4 29
Kinsen will heal to full, but it does nothing against Disadvantages...

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:51 am

Kinsen coils back as the man produces a dagger and nearly jumps off on him. Yet, noticing he cuts himself, instead, she winces as if feeling the man's pain. As his hands touch her temples, she feels the energy flowing through and soothing her spirit.

The water kami, on their part, do as called, and pass around an empty area that didn't need healing. The malign strike of the kansen that grasped her life force during the battle left her body while she was out, returning a part of Kinsen to its original state. The damage wasn't in the flesh. It was, actually, a spot of emptiness with vestiges of what occupied it before. As if a house that had been crushed, but then immediately reversed back to its original form. The items inside, though, are debris.

The blonde looks to him, asking, "Why are you hurting yourself?"

---
OOC: It is no disadvantage.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:03 am

Chisei did wince, seeing her reaction. "Sorry." He murmured, a brief interruption in his prayers. His whispers grew more intense, as though by strength of feeling, he might overcome the wrongness he could sense, might direct the water spirits evens as they slid around her.

But he couldn't.

Chisei sat back with a sigh. He shook his head. "I apologize for startling you. Performing a spell of healing, or in fact any spell at all, requires a sacrifice of blood. This... was a powerful spell, so required a deeper cut. I've wondered if we might be able to appeal to the kami without blood, but..."

He tilted his head, regarding her. "You don't remember that?" It was as much a statement as a question. "May I ask, what do you remember?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:44 am

Kinsen looks to her crackled dark green on her nails and grunts, saying, "I washed myself this morning on the pool, but these damn things don't go off easily. I need to paint them back in red."

Annoyed she had been answering the same thing to several people for days, she sighs. "I do remember. I just find it odd that you keep cutting yourselves. Makes no sense to get hurt to heal others."

She takes another deep breath, "I still don't remember passing around here in the first place. But I know now that we have saved my husband's brother. I am annoyed to be interrogated every day, but, since you say I am recovering. I'll please you."

Another sigh, as she feels there's something inside that she needs to do. "Can I go?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:03 am

"Red does seem to suit you." Chisei said, giving her another curious look.

He shrugged. "It is a small enough wound, and can cure much. If that is the price, I pay it willingly." He smiled gently. "Although I will not close my eyes to another way, if we can find one."

His lips parted, and then pressed together. "I cannot force you to stay. I thought some conversation might help. With... " Chisei frowned. Were they friends, exactly? "-a familiar face. But if you wish to go..." He grimaced, spreading his hands helplessly.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:23 am

Kinsen shakes her head. "No, you got hurt because of me. She your own blood. I would never be ungrateful for you trying to help me out. Even if I think I wouldn't need it as you might thing I do."

She shrugs, putting a tiny little sheepish smile on her lips. "Let's begin with the flurry of questions!"

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:11 am

"A flurry, is it?" Chisei chuckled softly at that. "Very well."

He paused. "Actually, as long as we're on the subject, perhaps you could help me to adjust this?" He held up his left hand; he'd gotten very good at bandaging himself, but he had done it with just one hand, after all. "I think together we might to a bit better than just me by myself."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:25 am

Kinsen narrows her eyes at his wound. Something inside her trying to remember she’s definitely quite awful at bandaging.

She clicks her tongue, shoving doubt away, and begins tying him up as she thinks it is best, mentioning, “Our Clan should indeed include bandaging as one of our skills. We seem to be getting cut and bashed too awfully much for everyone else.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:19 am

Chisei held his breath as Kinsen narrowed her eyes, finally letting out a covert sigh as she began to work.

"Thank you, Kinsen-sama." He said, smiling as she worked. "Perhaps we should. Would you be interested in learning more about that sort of thing? I could teach you, if you like."

He could, in fact, but he felt the answer might give him more hints as to her condition.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:49 pm

Kinsen bites her lower lip in though and nods. "I would never deny being tutored. But I wouldn't bother you with that. I am a slow learner."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 pm

Chisei shook his head. "Learning is not a race. It is a journey. We each take it at our own pace. And I have found you to be willing to learn, which is the most important factor."

He smiled. "Although that is an impression recently gained. For quite some time, I didn't quite know what to think of you, you know."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:04 pm

She lifts her head, looking at him with the judgemental eyes poeple often threw at her. "So, you're one of those that thought I devoured children, hmmm?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “Guest Rooms”