So... About Your Brother (D1 EA)

Ninube

So... About Your Brother (D1 EA)

Post by Ninube » Wed May 20, 2020 8:48 am

Ninube thought this was a stupid idea. It probably was. Most likely the god would fry her while she was standing there. By winking at her or something. Isn't that what gods do? Wink at you and you're all like "I'm on fire and am burning to death."

With that thought, she knocked on the goddess's door.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Shinjo

Re: So... About Your Brother (D1 EA)

Post by Shinjo » Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 am

An enormously tall and beautiful woman appeared on the other side of the door. She was dressed for movement, a pair of trousers visible under her shortened kimono with a few smudges from the outdoors. "Good afternoon. I am Shinjo, of the Ki-rin Clan. Please, come in."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 20, 2020 9:05 am

Ninube gave an awkward bow, "Hello Shinjo-sama… Shinjo-kami..." One of those had to be the right one. "I am Ninube of the Spider Clan." With the introductions out of the way, she came in eyes. "So... um.. I had some questions.... I mean if you don't want to talk to someone like me I understand, I don't want to bother you." She takes a deep breath as she had stopped breathing to get that out in a rush. "If you don't mind though... I would... uh... like to learn about Fu Leng." She shrugs. "He is my god. So, I figure it's best if I learned about him. That I could... umm... do good for him."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am

"One of Reiko-san's followers, ne? I appreciate your willingness to join us. It will be a dangerous journey," she said, dipping her head before stepping aside. "Please, come in. I'd be happy to share what I know."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 am

Well, she wasn't burning alive. So, so far, so good.

"Oh. Uh. Sorry." She steps in. Not sure if she should sit or where. "Of course. He's my god. So, I figure I should." Should she say that she joined because it was this or a harsh punishment for stealing? Can she read minds? Does she already know? Was that a test. "I must admit. Umm... I'm more here because Reiko-sama wanted me here." She shrugs. "Not sure how much use I will be fighting monsters." Close enough.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 pm

She gestured for her to sit across a low table from her on a cushion on the floor before taking a seat herself. "No need to apologize, you haven't offended. We need people of all types. Whatever reason brings you here, you're still at risk, and I still appreciate your presence," she replied. "I'm sure there will be plenty for you to do, whatever your specialty. We need scouts, diplomats, speakers with spirits... You name it."

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 pm

"Th-thank you, Shinjo-sama, um Shinjo-kami. Umm... Like I said, I would like to learn more about Fu Leng. I know some of what Reiko-sama has said, but I want to learn more. Especially since we'll be meeting him soon."

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu May 21, 2020 4:13 am

"Whatever is easiest for you to call me is fine," she assured. "Is there any place you wanted to start in particular? It might help to ask questions in more specific. There's a lot to talk about."

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 21, 2020 9:07 am

"Thank you..." Ninube debate for a moment before finishing, "Shinjo-kami." She frowned in thought for a second as she tried to clear her thoughts. "I guess I want to know more about his personality and interests." Maybe that was still too vague. "So, uh, what was he like?" Internally, NInube sighed. That wasn't any less vague.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu May 21, 2020 12:52 pm

The mortal goddess took a deep breath and let it out, looking out the narrow window as she gathered her thoughts. "He... is not the easiest person to get along with. He has a sense of humor, but it's very dry, and he doesn't suffer people he considers fools gladly. He's very well versed in magic, and his knowledge of the spirits realms and the nature of the world is extensive. Togashi has foresight and insight, but Fu Leng has a great deal of knowledge. He knew magic, as well, and would often create magical constructions of creatures I would draw."

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Some good, some bad in that. So, if he decides Ninube is a fool, she would hide and find some sort of duty out of his presence. That could be doable. She liked humor. She suspected she would enjoy his as long as she was not the target. Magic was something she knew nothing about. She had another question, but something pulled her attention.

"Create magical constructions of creatures? So, if you would draw a bird, he would create it?"

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri May 22, 2020 1:58 pm

She nodded in agreement. "I liked to imagine what sort of creatures might live down in Ningen-do and draw them. He would make the bird rise from the page and fly around the room for a little while."

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 22, 2020 2:44 pm

"Wow. That's really..." Ninube was about to impressive or amazing, but then she realized the real point of the story, "sweet." She was little jealous. She hoped she didn't let it show.

"Thank you. I think I have a better view of Fu Leng now. Umm.... I have one more question. This isn't specific to Fu Leng. But more about him, you, and all of siblings. Why did you choose to lead us? Why not try to find a back to Tengoku? Why bother bother with us at all?"

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri May 22, 2020 6:30 pm

She smiled at the comment, seeming not to notice any jealousy. "It was. He can be, when he wants to."

"Hantei tried to find a way back to Tengoku... Though I'm not sure some of us would have gone even if he'd found one. Humans are... interesting, in a word. You're incredibly vibrant, variable people. Tengoku is a very pure place, but it's also very stratified and it rarely changes. My siblings and I... are all very different, so if I think back on it, it's clear our destiny was to link the two... I think for the good of both. I think we're meant to help humanity, and guide you toward your destiny."

"All of that is very high-minded," she said, chuckling. "But for my part, I just like people."

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am

"Thank you, Shinjo-kami. I think I have a better vision of who this god I swore myself to is now." She looks at Shinjo, admiring her beauty and... she's not sure what it is called, her goddessness? "One thing I have worried about is what will I do after we rescue him. I think I have a better idea who he is, and can start trying to figure out my own way to serve him."

She bows to the goddess. "I have taken enough of your time. Thank you for dealing with the concerns of one such as me."

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sat May 23, 2020 11:31 pm

"If you ever find yourself at a loss in that regard, it doesn't hurt to ask. He always did know his own mind and what he wanted. He'll likely have something in mind for you," she assured with a smile. "And it was my pleasure, Ninube-san. Carry the Fortunes."

Run by GM Canary

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun May 24, 2020 4:03 am

"Goodbye and thank you, Shinjo-kami." Figuring copying her would be the polite way to leave, Ninube said, "Carry the Fortunes." And then bowed and left.

/scene

Return to “Guest Rooms”