Preparing for a meeting (D1 LA Reikos room)

Reiko

Preparing for a meeting (D1 LA Reikos room)

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 6:06 am

Reiko, having a few hours between meetings, had returned back to her shared room with Kanna. Opening her door and walking in, waiting for Kanna to close the door behind them before sighing and slowly undoing the back of the rather complex set of clothing.

"This stuff is far too heavy to wear in summer."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Kanna

Re: Preparing for a meeting (D1 LA Reikos room)

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:07 am

Kanna entered a moment after Reiko, offering to help strip her down to more sensible clothing options. "Why do you, then? Seems like a whole lotta pain for little gain."
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 6:13 am

Reiko doesn't protest the help for once.

"Be careful, the Obi is delicate. Uh...Obi. I think that's the correct word in our tongue for it."

As she slipped out of the five layer kimono, she continued "because it is proper. Nanzi-sans wife, Doji, she is extremely dedicated to fashion. These are designed based on the robes of the heavens, and will likely be what future generations will wear. Just hopefully with less layers."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:15 am

"...I'm never gonna be fashionable. I'm just gonna tell you that right now." She grinned, nevertheless hanging the clothes politely up so that they wouldn't wrinkle. "I'd much rather be comfortable."
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 6:17 am

"Would this be a poor time to present you with your own robe then?" Reiko, now in just her undergarments, had moved to collect her less nice but still quite nice robe, slipping it on with the carefulness of a near-blind woman.

"Well, not present, but soon present. After we get back."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 am

"..." she sighed. "You're gonna make me wear one, aren't ya." The grin still there, even as she continued being very helpful and making sure that the shugenja got into her things without incident.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 6:30 am

"Of course. I expect all my kin to wear one in the future" Reiko turned to her friend with a smile "you would look lovely in one I believe. It's not something to wear in battle, just when we're playing nice with the other clans. No reason to not look our best, right?"

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:33 am

"Long as we can know that playing nice isn't gonna become a fight, I guess," she nodded. "Still doesn't look comfortable. Why couldn't Lady Doji've picked a style that was functional more than pretty?" She sighed. With Reiko clothed again, she found a place to seat, sitting in her typical 'wherever my limbs will fit' style.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 7:04 pm

"They're actually quite comfortable, just perhaps not in five layers during warmer days" Reiko carefully lowered herself down to sit next to Kanna with her legs crossed "although the silk material we have access to doesn't feel quite as nice as the silk material Lady Doji brought back from the heavens, it's still lovely. I made sure to pick out one that I knew you'd like as well, don't worry."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 pm

Kanna poked Reiko gently in the side. "We'll see about that, won't we," she grinned widely. "I don't want to wear anything 's gonna make walking a pain the ass. Especially when I have you to think about."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 9:01 pm

"The footwear does leave a lot to be desired. Balancing on Geta is certainly not an enjoyable experience" Reiko rubbed her feet idly, before sighing.

"I have an important meeting coming up in a few hours. You won't be able to come."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 9:03 pm

She rose an eyebrow at that. "Don't like being told I can't go places, Lady."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 9:09 pm

"I know, but this is a different situation. I am meeting with the Stars to discuss the planned route, and this is not a meeting that is allowing many. Less than a handful I suspect, and any that came with ill intent would be crushed by the stars before the thought came to their mind" Reiko tried to offer reassuringly "once the meeting is over I will be talking with all of our kin gathered to share what is learnt."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 9:17 pm

"Fiiiiiine," she sighed gently, flopping back to lay down. "I guess I can find a way to keep myself occupied."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu May 21, 2020 4:07 pm

"I'm sorry Kanna-chan. I will share what I learn though, and I assure you I will be completely safe" Reiko placed a hand on Kanna's shoulder "you trust me, don't you?"

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Thu May 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Kanna's hand reached to gently grasp the one on her shoulder. "You? More'n anything. Problem is that I don't trust most the rest of the world. And, well..." she blushed. "I am a bit sad I don't get to see the Stars up close yet."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 22, 2020 3:13 am

"You will soon enough. I'm sure the stars travelling with us will need to meet with me plenty of times during this, and you won't be left out from all of them. Plus you'll meet Fu Leng soon as well" Reiko smiled at Kanna "you don't need to worry at all."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Fri May 22, 2020 3:15 am

"Is he as pretty as the other Stars?" She asked curiously.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 22, 2020 5:47 pm

"His is the only face that I've seen clearly...but in my honest opinion, he's the most beautiful and handsome man I have ever seen in all of my years" Reiko said, a small blush on her cheeks at remembering Fu Leng "from what I've been told, all the stars have features that are beyond mortal beauty."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 pm

"They are all very strikin' from afar at least," she nodded. "And hey, when we get him outta that hole, we are gonna throw the best fucking wedding ever for the two of you."

Return to “Guest Rooms”