(D1LM) A Familiar Blur (Reiko's room)

Seppun Chisei

(D1LM) A Familiar Blur (Reiko's room)

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 12:49 am

Among the Isawa, many knew Reiko. In a tribe that had its share of seers, she was an exceptionally gifted one, catching the eye of even Isawa himself. But it might be more accurate to say many knew of Reiko, for rather fewer had actually met her than were just familiar with her story.

Chisei was one of the former. While he was not a seer, he was gifted in magic, and the training overlapped more than a little. He, too, had visited Seppun Hill five years ago, aiding the other Isawa. While he would have accepted this mission regardless, helping out an esteemed colleague made it somewhat more personal.

Now, he was in front of the door to the room that had been assigned to her. Frowning at it for a moment, Chisei raised his hand to wrap solidly at it with his knuckles.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Reiko

Re: (D1LM) A Familiar Blur (Reiko's room)

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 1:06 am

Reiko had returned to her room to prepare for the rest of the day when a knock was heard. She paused, thoughtfully, before a smile appeared.

"Ah. Of course."

She rose, maneuvering to the door without the air of her walking stick, sliding it open. Gazing in the direction of the person on the other side.

"Good morning. It's been a long time" she bowed to the man "how have you been?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 2:42 am

"Good morning." Chisei said, smiling and bowing. "It has been a long time. At least..." He frowned, his forehead creasing. "... two years, I think it was. And not for several years before that, since the meeting of the clans."

"And how have you been, Reiko-san?" The honorific was a little stilted on Chisei's tongue, but he still used it. His eyes narrowed as he studied her curiously.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 5:08 am

"Please, come in" Reiko stood to a side, motioning inwards. Her room was pretty sparce, although clearly more than one was staying there much like the others.

"Has it been two years? Time has gone so quickly in my travels I struggle to keep up. How is your wife? Ah, and the correct term would be sama at this point if we were to go by correct suffixes, but please don't feel you need to in a private setting. I don't feel any different since taking this position. Well, perhaps more tired and well-travelled" she chuckled.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 5:24 am

"Thank you." Chinsei murmured as he stepped inside.

After studying the room a moment, Chisei turned, his eyebrows going up. "Sama?" He echoed. "Thank you. I am still adjusting to these new ways. It is not an onerous adjustment, but, as with any skill, it requires practice. If you have the time, I should like to hear the details on the distinction between san and sama."

His expression brightened noticeably. "My wife is well, thank you. She's here, in fact; I must introduce the two of you at some point. Speaking for myself, though I've never been happier, and I'm fairly certain she feels the same."

"Hmmm." He said, forehead creasing. "May I ask what your position entails, exactly?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 5:53 am

"I would be happy to offer teachings on these suffixes. There are actually quite a few" Reiko chuckled, making some space so Chisei could sit down nearby "we can start now if you want?"

There was a smile, and a nod. "I would love to meet her. Hopefully soon I will be able to return the favour, once this mission has been completed. As for what my position entails, it's no different to being a tribal leader. Ensuring the clan continues and thrives, enough resource to feed my people, and keeping peace with our neighbours. Although most of my duties have been spent walking the Empire, and spreading the word of Fu Leng so that others can help him."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 9:44 am

"Mmmm, as time permits." Chisei said. After all, he had rather a lot of questions, and the proper use of honorifics was rather lower down on his list.

He sat as directed by her. "Yes, Fu Leng." Chisei gave her an interested look. "How did you learn of him? Through a vision? Would you tell me about it?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 7:17 pm

"I first learnt of him in a discussion with the Swift Star, or Shinjo-sama as you likely know her. Shinjo-sama wished to learn more of our world, and I consulted the blessed sticks to see what would become of our lands. That's when I had my first vision of him, a warning of things to come."

She went silent for a few moments, to see if Chisei remembered it, before she would continue.

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 9:03 pm

Slowly, Chisei nodded. "I had heard some of this, of course. But I find that things are sometimes lost as they are communicated from one person, to another, and on from there. I'd hoped to hear it from your own lips."

And so, he gave her an encouraging nod. "Would you tell me what you saw?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm

"I saw the ground bleeding, but instead of red it was a sickly black. Creatures rising, fearsome monsters, the stuff of nightmares. Behind them, their leader...a fallen star turned by the realm of evils corruption" Reiko shuddered, paling slightly "this is what will happen if we allow him to fall. It cannot be allowed to happen."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu May 21, 2020 8:43 pm

"I see." Chisei said, frowning.

After a few moments, the frown became throughtful. "May I ask," He began, "Your visions. I know they are of the future. But are they of a future that must be? Or just a possible future, and human action can turn the course away from what you saw?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 22, 2020 3:24 am

"Every foreseen future can be rewritten. This I am certain of, and we will rewrite this ending" Reiko said with a firm nod "Fu Leng will not fall, we will save him. This was given as a warning, like my first vision of the storm coming to hit the Isawa tribe. Without the warning, many lives would have been lost, but instead they were saved. This will be the same, I know it."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Fri May 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Chisei nodded. "We shall certainly try."

He shifted a little, frowning thoughtfully. "Can we get to where he is? This nightmare realm you describe?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat May 23, 2020 12:20 am

"Yes."

There was a pause for a few moments before she continued.

"At least if my studies and discussions have been accurate. We just have to get close enough to the portal and a way will be presented. It will likely be bloody though, and the risk will be extremely high. This is a whole realm of evil that we're trying to fight against, rather than just some manner of army."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Sat May 23, 2020 3:32 am

"Well." Chisei sighed. "We did understand what we were signing up for. I wish I'd married my wife five years ago, though."

He frowned. "But how does one fight against a realm of evil? It sounds as though the struggle will not be entirely physical." The frown deepened. "Will we be able to call upon our magic there?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:38 pm

"With strength of Will, Chisei-san" Reiko said with a smile "the realm can try to break us, but we are too strong together. It cannot win, and it cannot break Fu Leng. Together, we can beat what it throws at us."

There was a pause, because she added "are you aware of the importance of jade?"

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Sun May 24, 2020 3:41 am

"One can hope." Chisei said grimly.

Clearing his throat, he nodded. "Yes, I am. I have acquired some, and so has my wife. And I spread the word as much as possible." He frowned gently. "I hope that it will be enough. Is it known what the effect will be on those who lack it, or whose jade fails?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 pm

"There hasn't been enough study into the effects of this realm, however my suspicions would be that the being is turned in such a way that they would become foe" Reiko frowned "perhaps even changed physically. It would be best to try and avoid this happening, I would prefer any study on this to be in a safer environment than the rescue of Fu Leng. Just be careful, the realm of evil can offer many things that appeal, but it is never worth the cost."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon May 25, 2020 9:13 am

"Of course not." Chisei said, waving a hand. "Virtue is one of the few indisputable truths."

He chuckled softly. "You know, I had been thinking nearly exactly the same thing. I'm interested in the connection between the spiritual and the physical. That there is an effect is intriguing, but, as you say, this is not the time for experimentation."

He smiled gently. "Perhaps when we return? Fu Leng may have insights he can share."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 26, 2020 1:14 am

"Fu Lengs knowledge is vast. I am almost certain what he has to share will be more enlightening to humanity than all the studies we could do for hundreds of years. Plus he has experienced these other realms as well, or at least two of them."

Reiko sighed softly.

"I just want him home so badly."

Return to “Guest Rooms”