Spider times (D1 LE Closed)

Reiko

Spider times (D1 LE Closed)

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 pm

It had been a long day, and Reiko was tired. However, a champion never rests it seems. So, in her private room that she shared with Kanna, she waited the arrival of those from her kin that had made the journey to Dà Shānchéngì. Looking in silent contemplation as she waited.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Kanna

Re: Spider times (D1 LE Closed)

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 9:30 pm

Thanking whatever might he listening that she could finally just relax, Kanna entered the shared room and plopped down next to Janna with a relaxed sigh. Propriety, whatever of it she had, was quickly forgotten as she laid back next to Reiko, resting a foot on a knee as she began to rub it out.

"Most of 'em seem nice at least," she commented idly. "Weird to actually meet so many of different tribes, though."
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 9:41 pm

"My first meeting with the tribes was unusual too. Seeing how different they were to the Isawa" Reiko commented quietly, her eyes closed "however the Stars are even more different. No two people are the same, and that's a good thing. We need all different kinds to prepare for what we are going to be facing."

She opened her eyes, peering at Kanna.

"Good work on the hunting earlier. Not that I am surprised, but the Seidou respect hunters."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Tue May 19, 2020 10:23 pm

"Father. Your harsh words might have gotten results now, but they might backbite you later." The taller than average young girl stepped in first, her bronze sword at her side. Her face was fair, yet intense. Her eyes burned wuth a range of raging emotions.

"You can't spend time coddling whelps when they aren't keeping on task before a dangerous task. Time is of the essence, Matsu. Your mother understood..." the larger man entered after her, watching as she turned to face him.

"My mother knew you were better than that! And I barely knew her!" She bit at him, her face slightly flushed, remembering where she was. The pair looked to the others, then looked away.

"Sorry." They apoke almost in unison. "We should have spoken that in private." The larger man followed up, placing a large hand on Matsu's shoulder.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 10:29 pm

"Was just doin' my job," she nodded to Reiko with a grin. As the others came in arguing, Kanna watched their bickering with a bland look. The apology didn't seem to phase her one way or the other. "Welcome to the room," she gestured, seeming to pretend like it was some big thing.
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 12:10 am

Reiko tilted her head, looking at the two that entered with a curious expression before giving them a shallow bow.

"Yamadono-san, Matsu-chan, it is wonderful to see you both as healthy and energetic as always" there was a small teasing smile on the womans lips "please come join us. Tell me your concerns, I am happy to listen."

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Wed May 20, 2020 2:30 am

"None on the preparations end. Things looks to be coming together nicely. In spite of Father being a brute with his words." Matsu spoke first, withdrawing a long reed stock, chewing on one end thoughtfully, crossing her arms and leaning against a support beam in the wall.

"The task needed to be done quickly and with haste. The lack of... care and urgency, had to he addressed." The mountain of a man responded, removing his hat. A hand ran over the balding pate, before fingers combed through the graying lengths.

"But the expedition should prove ready in the morning." He continued, before Matsu nodded. "Father's assessment is correct. But it sets a bad example of what it means to be samurai."
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 20, 2020 3:33 am

Ninube walks in casually.

"Hey." She gives a clumsy bowish thing to Reiko and then others. "Reiko-sama. Kanna-sama."

And then collapses lazily in the corner somewhere. She came. She was polite. She even used -sama. She was being a perfect member of this Spider Clan.

She remembers she doesn't know the other two that well. Probably because she's been mainly hiding since she joined the Clan. "Ninube." She points to herself. Yep. Perfect introduction.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 am

"You are correct Matsu-chan" Reiko nodded "it's important to be polite as a samurai. However, sometimes one must be firm with their words to instill calm in the chaos. I've met with the Seidou many times, and they do not take loudness as offensive. Some even encourage it, as much as we may not agree with it."

There was a pause to bow to Ninube, saying "good to see you my friend. I hope you have found things to your liking?"

She turned back Matsu, adding "how would you have handled the situation, if you were in your fathers position?"
Last edited by Reiko on Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 4:30 am

Kanna looked to Ninube with a brief, appraising eye. Satisfied that she didn't seem prepared to put a knife in Reiko, she instead just gave a polite nod. She wasn't much for these new customs yet. "Miss Ninube." Or these newfangled suffixes.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Wed May 20, 2020 5:25 am

Reiko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 am
"You are correct Matsu-chan" Reiko nodded "it's important to be polite as a samurai. However, sometimes one must be firm with their words to instill calm in the chaos. I've met with the Seidou many times, and they do not take loudness as offensive. Some even encourage it, as much as we may not agree with it."

There was a pause to bow to Ninube, saying "good to see you my friend. I hope you have found things to your liking?"

She turned back Matsu, adding "how would you have handled the situation, if you were in your fathers position?"
The young girl was surprised that she had been asked her opinion. Standing up straighter, a hand resting at her chin as she thought. "Well... with a bit more tact. Just barking and commanding may work in the short term, but it doesn't build long term support." She was gruff in her own way.

"My father's way was a club, all brute force. He is tactics, when we need strategy. To earn their Loyalty, and their Courage. We must use Honor before all."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 am

"That certainly is a way of lookin' at it." Kanna calmly stated to Matsu.

"Oh, Lady Reiko. 'fore I forget. Lass I met today named Ryoshun Mai invited us both to dinner. Just lemme know if you're interested and free and I'll give her a time."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 am

Noriaki no Yamadono wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:25 am
The young girl was surprised that she had been asked her opinion. Standing up straighter, a hand resting at her chin as she thought. "Well... with a bit more tact. Just barking and commanding may work in the short term, but it doesn't build long term support." She was gruff in her own way.

"My father's way was a club, all brute force. He is tactics, when we need strategy. To earn their Loyalty, and their Courage. We must use Honor before all."
There was a nod.

"And from your fathers example, you have thought on your own, learning a valuable lesson in the process. Your father, much like myself, come from a previous time before the stars descended and changed our way of life. You, dearest Matsu-chan, represent the future. Forgive your father, and take this chance to learn from him. He is a good man" she smiled to Yamadono, before looking to Kanna at her question.

"If one of the representatives of the Bat wishes to meet, I would be happy to join you. I'm sure sometime in the afternoon would suit, ne?"

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 20, 2020 7:57 am

When Reiko asked if things were to Ninube's liking she simply shrugged. "I guess. I don't know what a preparing for a journey into one of the hells to save a god... uh... our god, is supposed to be like."

Ninube listened in to Matsu. She has heard of this honor thing, but, eh. Sounds like kind of a pain in the ass. She figured she put off learning about as long as possible.

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 am

"It's not that I don't forgive him." She shot him a glance, as Yamadono looked to her, a mixture of pride and some hurt in her truth on his face. "But we can't afford to lose any potential allies on this mission because we were in a hurry." Her lips pursed into a thin line.

"Daughter. You will be a wise leader. Wiser than me. But sometimes you need a hammer. Never forget that."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 21, 2020 10:56 am

While father and daughter hash things out, Ninube turns to Reiko. "Reiko-sama. I think I may have met Ryoshun Mai. I visited the Bat before the Spider. and met a smith by that name. She likes tales of travels and other lands." She pauses and swallows before bringing up what she wants to know. "Um... I have a question. Should we be looking for possible recruits for the Spider?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu May 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Content enough that she'd brought some semblance of peace to father and daughter, Reiko turned to Ninube to address his question.

"A good question. Hmm...I wouldn't be actively recruiting on a campaign, however if there are some that have caught your attention and may be a good addition to our clan, then please inform me of them. Those who join us on this venture to rescue Fu Leng are worthy of a position within our clan, and if they are interested I would welcome them with open arms."

She gazed at the others, one at a time for a few moments each before speaking again.

"What do you know about where we are going?"

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 22, 2020 3:23 am

"We're traveling through the Nezumi lands and then going through their capital to one the hells, right?" Ninube shrugged.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat May 23, 2020 12:08 am

"Not quite. The hell. A relam called Jigoku in the heavens tongue, or Jigoku as we would refer to it" there was a shudder from Reiko "it is a dangerous, evil place. Not only for body, but for soul too."

She held up a necklace with Jade on it.

"Everyone will be informed in due time, but it is vital you procure this. A few inches of Jade on your person will help protect you from the realm touch for a week."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat May 23, 2020 9:03 am

"Wait." NInube pulls a piece of jade from somewhere. "You mean this thing is useful for protecting my soul?" Ninube considered if she should feel bad about stealing it. On one hand, the merchant may have really needed it or someone did. On the other, she needs it now.

Return to “Guest Rooms”