(D1LE) Honeymoon Suite (closed)

Seppun Chisei

(D1LE) Honeymoon Suite (closed)

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 19, 2020 8:05 pm

The Seidou were practical, but they were not without sentiment. When they were told that a newlywed couple was among the guests, and one blessed by Shiba himself, they promised to give them a special room.

They did... more or less.

It was a little more private, being at a bend in the walls. Most arrow slits looked out onto rocks. This room's arrow slit had a tree! And also rocks. There was also about twenty-percent more floor space. The addition of a second brazier took up most of that, though.

On the other hand, Chisei was happy for the braziers. He knelt beside one, basking in its glow. In his hands were papers; he held them with exquisite care, letting the light illuminate them as he studied the words written on them. With the same exquisite care, he set one paper aside, carefully securing it in his scroll case, before he began to study the next.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Seppun Takako

Re: (D1LE) Honeymoon Suite (closed)

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Takako took another glance over at their traveling packs, the hide stitched with stylized stags, and his even had a tiny bird with flames around it. Probably. One of the boys from her village did that for him as a gift. Still, it was nice.

Tents, check. Blankets, check. Rations, check. All seemed to be okay, though she did take care to avoid anything from his pack that she was unfamiliar with, which was at least some of the things.

When finished she nervously moved closer to him, sitting by his side silently.
Stag * Bushi * Virtuous * Waifu
Carries: Light armor, yari, iron sword, yumi

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Chisei might not have noticed most people sitting next to him, not when he was so thoroughly engrossed in study. He certainly wouldn't look up. With Takako, he didn't need to. As she sat beside him, he reached out. His hand unerringly found hers, giving it a gentle squeeze, before returning to his papers.

One last frown down at the papers, and Chisei carefully smoothed them out. He didn't put them away, but he did fold them on his lap, before shifting to face Takako.

He gave her a gentle smile, his eyes brightening. "What troubles you, my love?" He asked, her nervousness obvious to him.

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Takako smiled, a small, endearing smile, focused completely on him. "I just feel strange sleeping in an alien room." Never having left Seppun lands much, this was pretty new to her. "Although you are here thankfully." She squeezed his hands. "What are you reading?" His thoughts usually flew over her head, but that never seemed to stop her from asking.

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Chisei couldn't help but smile in response. "Thankfully I'm here with you. My doe." He said.

He gave her a sympathetic smile. "Indeed. I assure you, it grows easier with time. The first night I spent in your family's home I found quite strange, actually. It seemed so..." His brow creased as he considered, "-alive might be the word I would use. I grew to like it quickly." Chisei chuckled. "Although I am glad that while your youngest brother still practices the flute at night, he's at least gotten better at playing it."

"Old observations." Chisei's smile grew. "Here, look at this..." He turned the top paper over, even as he reached out, arm gently encircling her, drawing her closer. His long fingers traced the characters on the paper; his handwriting was neat, precise even. "Do you remember when I asked for your help finding a large rock in the river? This is some of my observations from that expedition."

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Takako slowly raised her hand grasping his, putting his palm to her face, enjoying the warmth. "Arigatou." She let out a chuckle. "Hai. Jiro-kun is quite enthusiastic. Give him some more time and he might even be good." She recalled her home fondly. "I...think I understand what you mean. For me, it was always just...home. With the noises, the chaos, everything moving and nothing standing still. Until you arrived." She smiled at him fondly. "You are my stone of love in the river of my home."

Welp...that sounded better in her head.

"Hai, I recall. First I thought you only wanted to see me in less garments." She smiled coyly at him and let out a small giggle. Slowly reading his observations, she read out some characters silently.. "Cir----culaire? And angle-uar? What do those mean Chisei-kun?"

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Chisei smiled, his thumb gently rubbing her cheek. The imagery was... strange, but it was from her, and meant for him. It might have been the finest poetry he'd ever heard. Certainly the finest involving stones of love.

His smile grew, even as he blushed, just a little. "That was a very pleasant surprise. I even made note of it." His fingers moved on the page, showing another sentence. "For ease with swimming, Takako removed her outer layers." His hand rubbed her side, stroking gently. "A simple sentence, but I remember the details very well, believe me."

At the question, his eyebrows went up a little; Takako would recognize it as his Teacher Face. "They are words describing the shape of things. Circular means rounded, or curving. Angular means straight-edged, perhaps sharp. I was describing the characteristics of the rocks. The river tends to smooth the rough edges. Away from the water, there are often solid breaks. Sometimes this is when one sort of rock becomes another, for instance."

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 11:31 pm

Takako smiled and read the line he quoted. "Her cheeks are magnifseient?" She raised an eyebrow. "Chisei-kun, you are quite observant. it's one of your many qualities I enjoy." She held his hand with both of hers now, rubbing it together and holding it closer to the brazier. The extra one.

She listened intently as he spoke. "Oh, I see." She smiled. "You are my river then, Chisei-kun. Hm...does the presence of the rock alter the flow of the river in a significant way? Or the river just ignores it, gently dulling the edges of the rock, like how a parent raises their child to be a proper adult? Or is it a constant fight between the two, eternal rivals?"

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 19, 2020 11:46 pm

Chisei chuckled softly. "And I spent a lot of time observing you, my doe. Like that time we were on a hike, and you stretched..." Chisei let out an appreciative sigh. "I walked right into that tree branch. Gave me a lump on the head." He grinned. "It was very much worth it."

His eyes glinted at her. "An interesting speculation, Takako-chan. Hmmm." He considered, frowning thoughtfully. "It seems to me that it would be rather like people; how they interact depends very much on the particular rock and river. What I wonder is, does it depend on the physical characteristics, or the spiritual characteristics? That could be worth further study. What do you think?"

Held by her, Chisei turned his hand around, entwining his fingers with hers. "You always manage to inspire me, you know." He said, his tone warm.

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Tue May 19, 2020 11:57 pm

"Oh, really?" She moved closer to give a kiss to the back of his head. "Ah, I recall that incident. Perhaps I shall endeavor not to be so distracting next time. A thick straw cloak might work." She chuckled, then fell deep in thought.

"Eh...am I the right person to ask?" She wasn't too smart, as mentioned by her father a few times already.

"Though perhaps you could talk to the kami of the rocks and the river here?"

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 12:11 am

Even seeing just the back of his head, Takako would be able to tell that her kiss made Chisei smile. "Mmm, you could do that." He murmured, turning his head, his grin now visible. "Or we could go swimming again. It's been a while. I want to see if I can remember every detail perfectly."

Frowning, Chisei set aside his papers for a moment. He reached out with his now free hand, taking hers, so that both their hands were entwined. "Yes." He said firmly, smiling now as his eyes meant hers. "I have conferred with many great philosophers. But I assure you, I speak the truth when I say that I would rather have your opinion than any of theirs." Chisei's voice was soft, but there was no doubting his conviction as he spoke.

"Perhaps." He said, brow furrowing gently. "If we have enough time." He gave Takako a gentle smile. "Perhaps we can go together? It will be just like when we first met. Except now I don't have to worry about your father seeing me kissing you."

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Wed May 20, 2020 5:09 am

"Oh? Swiming." She smiled. "Perhaps you'll beat me this time."She laughed and leaned closer to him. "Oh, you're just in love. You don't mean that." She did smile at the thought, her smile widening. "Oh, please. He would have been ecstatic if you kissed me." She smirked. "At least for goodbye you didn't get told that I should be with child next time we meet him."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 5:29 am

Chisei clicked his tongue at Takako in teasing disapproval. "I do mean that. But you're right. I am in love. And if your father would be ecstatic if I kissed you, well then..." As she leaned closer, his eyes had already drifted to her lips. They were newlywed enough that he wanted to kiss her just about everytime she drew near.

And so he did, leaning in to press his lips against hers. It was a tender kiss, very gentle, but lingering.

After they parted, Chisei coughed delicately. "Goodness. Your father sets expectations rather high, doesn't he?" He pursed his lips. "Should we not become established first? A house of our own? Just the two of us? Although I do adore your family; your brothers are fast learners. Still..."

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Wed May 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:29 am
Chisei clicked his tongue at Takako in teasing disapproval. "I do mean that. But you're right. I am in love. And if your father would be ecstatic if I kissed you, well then..." As she leaned closer, his eyes had already drifted to her lips. They were newlywed enough that he wanted to kiss her just about everytime she drew near.

And so he did, leaning in to press his lips against hers. It was a tender kiss, very gentle, but lingering.

After they parted, Chisei coughed delicately. "Goodness. Your father sets expectations rather high, doesn't he?" He pursed his lips. "Should we not become established first? A house of our own? Just the two of us? Although I do adore your family; your brothers are fast learners. Still..."

Takako giggled before kissing him back, a deep love blossoming in her bosom. She knew the feeling, spending the day apart was a torture and it was just the start. How is she going to weather this, she was uncertain.

"Well, he is not getting any younger. Besides..." she leaned in close to him, hugging her. "Your mother expressed a similar sentiment at our wedding."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Chisei sighed, smiling gently. "Upon thinking about it, I am not surprised that she did. That she went right from asking when I was going to be married, to asking my wife about providing her with grandchildren seems very much like her."

"Mmm..." Chisei hugged her as she leaned close, rubbing his hands up and down her back. "Well... what are your thoughts on the matter?"

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

"I...would love to have children." Her response was straightforward. "After some time, I think. My schooling with Kenshiro--sensei is coming along nicely, and I want to study some more, perhaps. Also, we still need to rescue a god, first." She smiled, and gave him a gentle peck. "What do you think my love?"

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Chisei briefly closed his eyes, smiling as Takako's lips touched him. "Yes. Once we're more established. I see it very much as being part of the life I want to share with you, my love."

He chuckled softly. "First, of course, rescuing a god. It sounds strange to say, but, well!" He smiled. "I have never liked the word impossible. Too many people use it for something that's never been tried."

Chisei's expression grew concerned. "Were you able to secure some jade?"

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Thu May 21, 2020 3:47 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:07 pm
Chisei briefly closed his eyes, smiling as Takako's lips touched him. "Yes. Once we're more established. I see it very much as being part of the life I want to share with you, my love."

He chuckled softly. "First, of course, rescuing a god. It sounds strange to say, but, well!" He smiled. "I have never liked the word impossible. Too many people use it for something that's never been tried."

Chisei's expression grew concerned. "Were you able to secure some jade?"
"Hai, I managed to acquire a finger thankfully." She smiled. "i always admired that in you Chisei-kun. You know no challenge." She leaned into his frame. "I...do not know what to think, truthfully. of the upcoming challenges. But you are here, so I am happy. I know you will know what to do." She let out a slow sigh. "Truthfully...I am afraid what we can do to something that has trapped a god."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu May 21, 2020 8:40 pm

"Oh, good." Chisei breathed a sigh of relief.

Chisei murmured pleasantly as Takako leaned against him. He put his arms around her holding her against him. "I don't know either. But even though we are not gods, many beings working together can accomplish what a few strong cannot."

Gently, he cupped her cheek, turning her gaze up to his. "And what can the two of us together not accomplish? We make an excellent team, you and I. In all things."

Seppun Takako

Post by Seppun Takako » Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:40 pm
"Oh, good." Chisei breathed a sigh of relief.

Chisei murmured pleasantly as Takako leaned against him. He put his arms around her holding her against him. "I don't know either. But even though we are not gods, many beings working together can accomplish what a few strong cannot."

Gently, he cupped her cheek, turning her gaze up to his. "And what can the two of us together not accomplish? We make an excellent team, you and I. In all things."
Takako smiled fondly. "You may not be a god, but I trust you to be a hero, Chisei-kun, and I will support you." She extended her arm around his back, holding him closely. "We will accomplish anything, for sure." She placed a small kiss on his cheek.

Return to “Guest Rooms”