[D24, EE] Safe & Sound (Miuna's Room, Closed)

Hanzou

[D24, EE] Safe & Sound (Miuna's Room, Closed)

Post by Hanzou » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:52 pm

The day had been spent recovering from the journey. Supplies were replaced. A balance was found. A bath was taken. And now, dinner was in hand. Arriving at Miuna's room, Hanzou peeked in to see if she was there.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Shinjo Miuna

Re: [D24, EE] Safe & Sound (Miuna's Room, Closed)

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:17 am

She was, having left the door open so she would see him coming by. She was alone in the room, so it prevented her from being startled. She noticed him and waved him inside. Sliding the door closed behind him, she inhaled deeply. Her stomach rumbled and she smiled up at him.

"You brought food? Have I told you lately, that I love you?"
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:46 am

"I brought us dinner." he confirmed after setting down the tray. It had a variety of items, a thick stew with chicken and vegetables, some bread, some dried fruits and some of the local alcohol.

"I can never have you tell me that enough." he smiled. "I love you."
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:13 am

"Thank you. Please, sit," she signed, gesturing to the space across from where she was settling into seiza. She adjusted the sleeves of her kimono before fussing with the tray. The lighter fabric was welcome in the budding summer heat. She located and lifted the bottle, opening it and carefully pouring two cups. Bringing her own to her lips, she sipped, grimacing slightly. She wasn't used to the sting of alcohol quite yet, and found that it was really an acquired taste. But after a few more sips, she felt it warming her. She sighed, content. She studied Hanzou over the rim of her cup. She smiled at him sweetly when their eyes met.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:47 am

He took his cup and sipped from it. He studied her, admiring her beauty. Reaching out, Hanzou caressed her cheek and brushed her hair back.

"So beautiful."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:40 am

The shade of scarlet she turned at the compliment reached the tips of her ears. She flashed him a grin, setting down her cup. "I'm happy you think so. You're not so bad to look at, yourself," she teased. She picked up her spoon, dipped it in the stew and brought it to her lips. She blew on it gently before eating it. Fortunes, it was nice to eat hot food. She ate three more bites in succession, not realizing how hungry she'd been until the food was before her.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:41 am

He watched her eat for a few moments, before taking a few bites himself. It was very satisfying, hot and full of flavor. Supplies had been lean during the return trip. To have a full meal was incredibly satisfying.

To be dining with the woman he would be marrying was beyond amazing.

"How did you spend your day?"

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:10 pm

She set down her spoon and took a piece of bread. She broke a few pieces off of it and tossed them into her bowl. Then she sat back, smoothing her hands over her lap before signing.

"I didn't do much of anything. I think I needed some time to rest. I even had a bath this morning! I really didn't want to get out, but Aono said I needed breakfast before doing my hair."

She rolled her eyes at that but smiled. She'd been keeping her hair in a coiled braid during the day. Getting used to the extra weight on the back of her head had been a minor annoyance. But the ritual had become special to her, a mixture of memories and comforts. She and her sister would have to learn a few more techniques once they arrived back home.

Her hair tonight was pulled into a loose braid that fell down her back. Despite being tied back with the simple black ribbon of cloth, the end of her tail still brushed the ground when she was seated.

She leaned forward, the rustling of her clothing gently wafting her sent to him. She used her spoon to fish out a piece of now soggy bread, which she chewed thoughtfully. She found Hanzou's eyes again.

"What about you, how was your day?"
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:35 pm

He ate as he watched, smiling appreciatively as she went over her day. He dipped some bread into the stew before taking a bite of it. The rest was broken apart and dropped into the bowl, as she had done with hers.

"Mine was similar." he nodded. "I went to the market to replace some of the supplies I used during the expedition. I didn't have the coun for much, but I was able to get these."

He took out several candles.

"I did some fishing and was able to trade what I caught for our meal." he added. "It was very relaxing by the river, surrounded by the elements.
They were pure and cheerful. It was so peaceful."

"After that, I took a bath, picked up this dinner and came to see you."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:32 am

The biggest grin lit her face as she saw the candles. She chuckled, a rare sound.
"I'm happy you were able to find some more."
Her grin turned sheepish.
"Sorry we used them all before. Thinking about it, why did you light all of them?"
Surely he'd had the foresight to save one or two?
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:07 am

"They're used for protection." he explained. "After seeing that poor corrupted creature that day, I wanted to make sure you were protected."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:20 am

She just smiled at him. Of course she knew they were for protection. All shugenja knew that. She'd baited him for a compliment, but cast her line too far. No matter. Having him so close to her warmed her heart far more than any words could.
"Thank you for being so thoughtful. My mind was on... other things at that moment."
A blush had crept back into her skin.
"Aono went to sleep early in preparation for tomorrow. I asked her for a separate room in case we wanted to... stay... up... later."
Her hands suddenly became slow and clumsy so she simply left it at that. She leaned forward again, this time to select a piece of fruit from the tray. Sitting back, she pressed the piece between her lips, returning her gaze to Hanzou's.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:53 am

"We should be safe here." he smiled. "But, I thought the candles might light the room nicely.
Another candlelit night."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:05 am

"I think that's a wonderful idea."

She finished the last bits of her stew and picked up her cup again, sipping and enjoying the slight tingling it brought to her head. She waited for him to finish his meal at his own pace before trying to clear anything away. The warmth of the alcohol gently mingled beside another heat, one that spread through her slowly every time he looked at her.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:47 pm

He finished the stew and set it aside. Moving to her side of the table, he sat behind Miuna and wrapped his arms around her. Hanzou picked up a dried cherry and offered to feed it to her.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Her eyes followed his movements, her pulse quickening as he came close. She tucked her knees to the side and pulled her braid forward over her shoulder, exposing the delicate curvature of her neck. Enfolded within his arms, he could feel her beginning to relax. She took the offered cherry, her tongue brushing his fingertips as she did. He felt her suck gently as the fruit passed between her lips and disappeared. She rested her head back against him, tilting it to look up at him. She smiled and her face was the picture of contentment.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:52 pm

He smiled warmly, kissing her temple before taking a piece of apricot to chew on. Holding his hands out in front of them both, he signed.

"Should I light the candles, or save them?"

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:59 pm

She blushed, her ears and the back of her neck growing warm.

"Light a few and save the rest? The room is small so we shouldn't really need them all."

One next to the bed even was probably all they needed. She reached out and picked another piece of fruit from the tray, eating it thoughtfully.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:34 am

He took a bit of dried mango, chewing it as he shifted position to kneel beside her. Leaning down, he kissed her, the sweetness of the fruit still on his lips.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 am

He found her lips sweet as well, soft and yielding beneath his. Her heart thundered in her chest, as it did any time he was near. One of her hands found his, lacing their fingers, while the other moved to cup his face, her thumb brushing over his cheekbone.

Return to “Guest Rooms”