[D24 EE] - Letting Go of the Past (Open)

Nozomi

[D24 EE] - Letting Go of the Past (Open)

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:22 pm

It was the evening meal. The reception of the Crab was perhaps a little cooler than it had been when they arrived. Given some of what happened on their way out the door, and the whispers that the Seidou might have been a little less than... thrilled, Phi wasn't going to fault anyone for that. But still, they were being fed, housed and cared for and that made the stay almost posh compared to the shadowlands. She wasn't about to complain.

But, as the meal wore on and she relaxed a little, she got up and cleared her throat. Anyone who happened to be there could hear this announcement that she was going to make. She breathed out and tried to smile at folks, even if part of her found this to be rather difficult. Still, it was important and she felt like it needed to be public.

"So... if I could have a little attention, there's something I wanted to say to those who've traveled here with us."
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinsei

Re: [D24 EE] - Letting Go of the Past (Open)

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:38 pm

Having very much decided that traveling with Phi was where he wanted his life to be, Shinsei was among those assembled, enjoying his meal and sitting not too far away from her. When she stood and gathered everyone's attention, however, he did pause in mild surprise, wondering what it was she was planning to announce.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:55 pm

Saruko had recieved a slightly warmer welcome than some others, being a personal friend of Anjing and sister in-law to the Lord and Lady of the Crab, and she had smoothed over the reception somewhat even if the host were still being a bit crabby.

She couldn't really blame them. At least none of the Dragon had stolen from them.

As Phi stood up for attention, she looke up from her meal and put it aside to give her full attention to the young woman.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:58 pm

Dawei was not about to pass up hot food. Especially not after the trip. So he is there, keeping a seat warm and another available, though he does attend when Phi starts up.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 pm

For the entirety of his life, Yamadono had been a man of the wilds. Rough and tumble living. That had started to change at Seppun Hill. And now, even more so. Enjoying a large banquet, the gathering with others.

There was more grey in his hair from the literal journey to hell, but a wide smile as he laughed and joked. Matsu beside him, herself telling stories and joking with others.

They quieted when they both heard Phi's voice.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Nanzi was present with Jigutsuji and Jongwun.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:59 pm

Of course the Shinjo sisters were present, Miuna wasn't one to miss a meal. She was sitting closer to Phi, sho she noticed when she got up and directed her attention to her.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:48 am

She hadn't really expected this many to be present, but it was the feast hall. There were others around too, so... doing this publicly? Well, she'd faced hell. She could do this. Closing her eyes, she breathed in and out once and then spoke with as much clarity and sincerity as she was able to do, her voice not quivering this time. This was what she needed to say.

"I wanted to thank all of you. For traveling with me. For doing what you did, for the sake of everyone who is not in this town now, whose children will live because of what you risked for their sakes. When I came to this place, I did so as little more than a child, with a child's dreams and fantasies. I came here seeking a place because the winds of change take the empire, and I thought that I knew everything. what we faced... it changes all of us. It has taught me how much I have to learn."

She reached down, taking a small pairing knife. It was just a cheap brass thing that people used often enough in cleaning and maintenance. she reached back to the tied ponytail of her hair with one hand. "I have, finally, learned who I am. What I am meant to do. Today, I announce before you that I am putting aside my past, to seek a new future. A girl with the name of Phi went into the shadowlands. And now that we cross the River Seido. She will leave that girl behind, and take up a new path. I am hereby renouncing my name, my tie to the Hikaru, and setting upon a new path. If Shinsei will have a student at his side, then one named Nozomi will be glad to travel with him. I choose the name because it means Hope, and I want to believe Hope is what we have claimed this day." And with that, she cut the ponytail and set it and a good lock of her hair down on the table, tied and resting there.

"I have a few possessions I will be leaving behind. Pieces of Phi's life. It's best not to hold onto too much if you're going to wander in your new life the way I expect to." It wasn't quite an offer, but it was. "But I will not forget those that crossed this river with Phi. Nobody should forget any of you."
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:52 am

Nanzi produced his fan and just fanned himself lightly at the announcement.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:54 am

That's interesting, thinks Dawei. I wonder how many will follow her.

But he bows to the new person from his seat.

Seems the polite thing.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:11 am

Saruko nodded with understanding as she listened to Phi. She could relate to the process of metamorphosis and embarking on a new journey in life. And finding someone that changes your path forward completely, for the better.

Raising her cup, she spoke up. "Then I bid a fond farewell to Phi, and warmly welcome Nozomi among us. May your new path ahead be one of spiritual growth and hope."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:50 am

Miyako raised a cup of Chinsei berry-wine, following Saruko in a toast. “Goodbye to the one called Phi; good hail and welcome to the one named Nozomi. May your journey have a good first step.” She smiled, nodded at Nozomi thoughtfully, and brought the cup down to take a great big sip.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:21 am

She bowed back to those who bowed and toasted, and offered Nanzi a deferential nod as well before settling down next to Shinsei and breathing a small sigh of relief, giving him a look out of the corner of her eye. He'd speak in a moment, she was certain. "There's no need to worry too long about things that have passed into the past, but thank you. I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day than today. I'll try to help with that now."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Shinsei placed a hand on Phi- no, Nozomi's shoulder, and nodded at her words. "If tomorrow looks like it might become a lesser day than today, then we can work to change it."

Seeing as few people seemed interested in following the announcement, Shinsei himself stood to add to Nozomi's words.

"When first I came before the Kami, it was not my intention to become a figure known for wisdom and insight, and to be sought out by others as I made my way through the world. I have been shown that my method up until now is short sighted, and my mind too firmly focused upon myself and what scant few things I could see before me. But I shall continue in this way no longer."

He turned to Nozomi. "If it is Nozomi's wish to travel with me as student, then I shall strive to be an adequate teacher, and seek to better myself along our travels, that I should be worthy of any student, much less one so humble and capable as she. I am honored to be given such an opportunity, and hope only that I may rise to the occasion, and be everything that she seeks throughout her future."

He bowed to Nozomi, then to the crowd, and then sat, a curious little smile upon his lips, as if he hadn't quite expected what just happened, but was pleased with the idea.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:19 pm

Nanzi fanned himself with neutral approval of the announcement.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:27 pm

She returned Shinsei's bow with slightly less awkwardness than she'd had only a week ago. She was going to need to get used to doing that, she supposed. Smiling over at him, she nodded and then turned to the others. "I'll be doing everything I can to be worthy of standing on my own too, at your side instead of simply at your feet. A true student can't rely solely on their master," she said, managing to keep a blush out of her face at a couple of his comments. She'd been mentally preparing herself for the moment.

She looked at those assembled and scratched the back of her head, now more self-conscious. "That's it... promise. You don't need to interrupt the rest of your meal on my account. It's the first good dinner we've had in weeks." Not that she wouldn't speak with anyone who happened to speak to her. But she wasn't accustomed to being the center of attention. Part of her really didn't like it, but she would cope. She'd learn in time how to deal with eyes on her, instead of always lurking in the shadows.

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:24 am

Bruised and battered almost beyond recognition, positively ugly for the amount of scars that now superimposed over his tribal tattoos, Koyama was there to witness the woman's transition. He wasn't begrudging her in the slightest. In a way, there was a parallel between what she was doing and what he had done; choosing one's own path, just like every freedom-loving Hikaru should ever do. Knowing Phi a little, he assumed that the change wouldn't change her that much in the end, that the mountain wind that had driven her down the rocky slopes to the glens of adult choices would ever be felt by her on her cheeks, and that the true journey was just beginning.

Many tribes looked like they were giving up their identities to serve the Kami as was expected of them; it were the Hikaru who were refusing to conform or to forget where they had come from. The new life was not the denial of their former one. The journey into the heart of darkness had vindicated it, with the camaraderie between Phi, Sora and him standing the hardest trials. So even if he didn't understand her choice at all, he wasn't worried, and it didn't feel like a betrayal. Quite the contrary, it was like seeding the sprouts of freedom in the oddest places. And for that, he cheered her.
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 am

Shinjo Koyama wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:24 am
-snip-
She grinned over in his direction and offered a toast. Man, he had gotten the broad side of that demon's horns and claws, but scars made a man and she was never one to speak ill of a man's scars. He was probably right though. There probably wouldn't be changes so drastic that she would be unrecognizable as herself to those who knew her well. some things would fade, but no matter how you put attachments aside in a new journey, it was impossible to remove your entire foundation in the process. She grinned at Koyama in a way that was reminiscent of the days of their respective youths and nodded once in his direction. He was more than welcome over, but one way or another today wasn't the last they'd be seeing of her among the Ki-Rin.

Return to “Meeting and Dining Hall”