What do people eat around here? [Day 1, EE]

Kanna

Re: What do people eat around here? [Day 1, EE]

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 5:13 am

Kanna just grabbed the one that was closest to her. "So it seems," she laughed. "Master crafter, solver of problems. Is there anything one Ryoshun Mai can't do?"
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 am

"Sing." She smirked cheekily.

"I am not so good at the courtly affairs. Nor good at remembering history, or heraldry, or any of those kinds of things. I can hold my own with a staff in a pinch, but if its come to that we're likely in trouble." She paused, "these days we all are able to focus on improving where we can."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 5:49 am

"Well, I ain't no courtly flower myself, unless I somehow fooled ya," she grinned. "If you need someone to bust some heads, I'm a pretty sure hand with a pretty big stick."
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 6:18 am

"A big stick, you say? A heavy one or a staff? What is your desired method of bashing heads in?"
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 am

"Heavy stick. Preferably with something on the business end to give it that extra oomph. Spikes would be preferred, but current stick only has little bumps."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 6:30 am

Mai started making gestures with her hands. "This long, or this long? How girthy would you like it? Are teeth or bone ok for spikes?"
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:32 am

She blinked a moment. "Uh, well. Usually I like it to be about a bit shorter than me. So..." she moved her hands in a way to indicate a pretty reasonable size for a tetsubo." about this long. Thin around the handle for good grip, with a good counterweight. Girthier where it needs to be hitting people, wide as my fist at least. As fer spikes..." she considered. "Doesn't matter much to me, long as they pierce."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 6:44 am

"I am pretty sure this can be done reasonably. I will have to acquire the wood and carve on the way, same with bones and teeth. If you go hunting and catch larger prey, save me some. Specifically I am interested in the thick leg bones and the shoulder blades. Those big flat ones? For teeth the pointy ones, not those little ones in the front, nor the crushing ones that some animals have in the back." She knew from past experience they were the most useful.
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:45 am

"Is makin' a club for a new acquaintance how you say hello?" She grinned, a toothy, widely amused grin.

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 7:00 am

"New acquaintance, no. Not usually. New comrade who may be able to help strengthen relations between Bat and Spider by gloriously protecting their charge with a Bat club? Sure."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 7:01 am

"Bat club," she let out a small laugh. "I like the sound of it. This namin' clans after animal things feels more appealing, if only for the word play possibility. Maybe I'll find some smith to invent the Spider sword. Wouldn't that just evoke the image of like, an eight bladed sword? Even if such a thing would be a bitch and a half to use."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 7:05 am

"I wonder if a spider sword could actually be a small thrown weapon with eight blades. If you centered them evenly and sharpened each side of the blades, it should spin and fly relatively well. Like a spider, you wouldn't see it coming either."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 7:16 am

"Ohhh, that could be neat. It'd be discreet too, which would be really useful if you gotta be quiet."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 7:23 am

"It could also be used as a distraction! Throw it to the side, enemy sees the blur of something, turns and Smack! Hit 'em with the Bat club."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 7:24 am

"The best distraction." She grinned.

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 7:38 am

"Perhaps they could be buried upright in mud as some manner of trap?" Mai imagined stepping on any manner of concealed blade would hurt quite a bit. "It doesn't seem particularly reputable, but people trap animals and things we will be fighting are not too much different."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 7:44 am

"Victory is the best path to reputation," she shrugged gently. "If it works and keeps your loved ones safe, I'm not gonna talk bad on it."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 7:52 am

"They seem multipurpose and lightweight. Seems like a good project to work on when I can find a forge. They seem like they would best be made of metal."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 7:58 am

"I mean, if you're burying stuff in the ground, a wood stake fills the roll just as well and don't need a forge," she smirked. "But I see your meaning. Something to think about, eh?"

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 3:55 pm

"There is truth to that. I think perhaps a bone spike would work better than a wooden stake as it would pierce flesh easier without dulling."
Wears/Carries:

Return to “Meeting and Dining Hall”