What do people eat around here? [Day 1, EE]

Kanna

What do people eat around here? [Day 1, EE]

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Reiko had kicked out Kanna, stating she bad to prepare for "something important that needed quiet and grace." Whatever. It wasn't like Kanna couldn't be those things. she just never needed to know them. Yeah. That was it.

Still, she couldn't say anything. She swore to Reiko, and that meant that occassionally even she had to respect Reiko's words. So at least she could stick around the same building. If Reiko needed her, she'd call. And in the mean time, Kanna'd hunt for whatever fine delicacies were served in the castle. So she plopped down at the dining hall and waited to be served.
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Ryoshun Mai

Re: What do people eat around here? [Day 1, EE]

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 19, 2020 8:51 pm

"A-ano, may I join you?" Mai was carrying an unusual wooden weapon in hand, and a small bad that clicked as she shook it. "This one is Mai, of the Bat."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 8:55 pm

Kanna was naturally perceptive and maybe a bit paranoid. That said, somehow she seemed startled by the voice of Mai, concentrated as she was on food. She greeted the woman with a raise of her hand. "Seats open, ya won't get complaints from me. Name's Kanna. I serve Lady Reiko."
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 pm

Mai sat down and carefully opened the pouch. Precious shark teeth were inserted into slots as she spoke, "Kanna-san, eh? What manner of servant are you?"
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 9:14 pm

"Bodyguard," she answered, a bit stiffly. "I make sure nobody tries to put a knife in my Lady's back." She rolled her eyes a bit. "But Lady Kanna is insistent she can handle whatever meeting is happening without me. So hopefully it ain't a short body guarding career." She grinned with a bit if mirth. "And yerself? How do you serve the Bat?"

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm

"A charge that doesn't wish to be protected sounds like a difficult challenge." She nodded down at the unfinished weapon, already looking rather pain inducing, "I make weapons, tools for killing various things. I also fish and cook."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 9:31 pm

"She is always like that. Usually I win, but she was extra insistent about this meeting." She shrugged easily. "No matter. She isn't difficult to find, so once it's over it'll be back to normal."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 19, 2020 9:33 pm

Mai nodded, "there shouldn't be anything too dangerous around here. I mean that giant ratman was scary this morning, but he turned out to be harmless."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 9:38 pm

"Ain't my job to assume a place is safe," she laughed gently. "Though I'll admit nothing too dangerous has caught my eye or my club yet."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 pm

"So far, it seems safe enough to prepare for when it isn't."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 10:06 pm

"Makes sense enough. I did a provisioning run this morning, so it ain't like I'm ignorning the prep. I just... try to take the job serious."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 19, 2020 11:42 pm

"I understand, nor did I accuse of shirking responsibilities. Enjoy the bit of peace with a meal. We may not have times like these in the days ahead."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 1:19 am

"Oh, uh, sorry. Didn't think you were trying to." She shrugged. "How do you relax, by the by? Besides, you know, eatin' a good meal when it presents itself."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 3:50 am

"Between us, I sing though I am terrible at it." She paused and sang a few bars of a song she made up about a creature she had only head of in tales. It wasn't as offkey as she worried, but nothing to write home about.

"Upside, inside out
She's livin' wabi-sabi
She will push and pull you down
Livin' wabi-sabi
Her lips are oni red
And her skin's the color matcha

Woke up in Second City
In a drabby cheap dojo,
She took my heart and my weapons,
Must have slipped me a sleeping draught."
VP spent, 15 not entirely dreadful
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 4:27 am

Kanna looked at her. Listened to the song. It was good that she hadn't had anything in her mouth, because the lyrics caused a 'pffft' and a bout of laughter.

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 4:44 am

Mai laughed heartily. "There we go! Got your mind off your charge a second. In all seriousness, I like cooking. Perhaps you and your charge can stop by my tent sometime for dinner." Mai was a strange bird, err... bat.
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 4:46 am

Oh thank Fu Leng she wasn't offended. That would have been awkward. As Kanna calmed, she grinned. "I'll float the idea to Lady Rieko. I'm sure she'd be thrilled, she's the one that's actually good at talkin' to folk."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 4:52 am

She wasn't offended in the slightest, she was messing with Kanna in a good natured way. "Dinner sounds nice. I hope Rieko-sama approves. Assuming she says yes, we've a date?"
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 4:55 am

"Sounds like a plan." She nodded. "Speaking of... I sat down, and never actually asked for any food..." Kanna seemed to be just now realizing this folly as her stomach made a clear displeased sound.

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Wed May 20, 2020 5:12 am

Mai smirked, and disappeared for a second, coming back with two bowls of some manner of stew. It smelled good, and looked better.

She set both side by side on the table so Kanna could choose which looked better. "Problem solved!"
Wears/Carries:

Return to “Meeting and Dining Hall”