[D1 LA] Early supper (open)

Yogo

[D1 LA] Early supper (open)

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 6:10 pm

Later afternoon caught Yogo sitting at the dining hall with a plate of grub before him. Since the food seemed to be free, he had no complaints about taste. Any meal he didn't need to tract down or catch himself was a good meal as far the young man was concerned. He had heard that the expedition would carry vast amounts of food to provide for everyone, equating to several free meals in the future. Truly the Crab and the celestial beings were generous. With rather happy with the circumstances, Yogo stuffed his face with the meager meal he had been provided with.
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Jiyo Sora

Re: [D1 LA] Early supper (open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Well, say what I will about the Seidou, they can apparently cook vast quantities.

So that was a virtue he'd found in them. Hopefully as more and more of them became Crab Clan, they'd be able to hang onto that.

The Evil-Eyed Imperial grabbed a spot not far from Yogo and tried to see what, in the bowl he'd taken, he actually recognized.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Jigutsuji had returned to the quarters to write some final letters and record some interesting notes Jongwun and Nanzi made their way to eat at the now familiar communal hall. The duo spotted Evil Eyed Sora and shared a look before approaching to sit near the stranger who would name himself Yogo, not that they knew such things.

The Crane daimyo smiled at the stranger and said, “Nanzi would ask if you have had your rice but it seems a bit redundant. The Anjing and Hida families have done well for themselves and the people.”

Jongwun sat quietly and sipped politely at her soup.

Nanzi then added to Sora, “Sora-san, always a unique pleasure to enjoy your presence.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 19, 2020 6:48 pm

Nanzi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 pm
Nanzi then added to Sora, “Sora-san, always a unique pleasure to enjoy your presence.”
"Nanzi of the Crane. You are, as usual, far too gracious, but..."

And here his tone softened appreciably.

"... knowing you are here, set to run these risks... your family is well? I haven't seen your children in... it must be a year now. But please tell your eldest that the Emperor's children still play with the gifts from the last visit."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 6:50 pm

The young man was happily chowing down on what seemed like a vegetable stew with some grains tossed in for good measure. There were chunks of things that had perhaps once been yams and turnips as well as carrots and small pieces of ginger. There were occasional nuggets of dried meat as well, though those seemed rather rare.

He watched the well dressed dark man sit down, curiosity gleaming in his eyes, figuring that the person had to be someone important if only because someone was following him around. That seemed to be a thing among 'clansmen'. Why anyone would need some to tag along like that wasn't clear to him yet, but eventually he'd figure it out. Either way, he sat in silence, listening to the two others. At least now he knew their names.
Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 7:45 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:48 pm
"Nanzi of the Crane. You are, as usual, far too gracious, but..."

And here his tone softened appreciably.

"... knowing you are here, set to run these risks... your family is well? I haven't seen your children in... it must be a year now. But please tell your eldest that the Emperor's children still play with the gifts from the last visit."
He smiled and said warmly, “They are well, every time I blink or look away through grow like weeds. Have you had time to find children of your own, Sora-san? They are a true blessing for any home, despite all the mischief.”

He then added introducing to both men the young woman with him, “This is Jongwun, Nanzi Jongwun, my earnest student and page. This is her first time this far South.”

Jongwun smiled politely and said, “I am honored to meet with you, Sora-sama, and you as well, traveler.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Nanzi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:45 pm
He smiled and said warmly, “They are well, every time I blink or look away through grow like weeds. Have you had time to find children of your own, Sora-san? They are a true blessing for any home, despite all the mischief.”
"I have not, as it happens. One tends to need a woman for that sort of thing, and both parties need to be, well. Willing."
Jongwun smiled politely and said, “I am honored to meet with you, Sora-sama, and you as well, traveler.”
"Ah, Jongwun-san, you must not know my full history with your teacher to speak so well of me, but that's entirely to my benefit."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 8:17 pm

"The Crane greatly respect the servants of the Emperor, Sora-sama, they are the example for all of Clans and families," she said politely.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 pm

Nanzi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:45 pm

He then added introducing to both men the young woman with him, “This is Jongwun, Nanzi Jongwun, my earnest student and page. This is her first time this far South.”

"Well met, Jongwun." the young man bobbed his head, leaving his meal for the time being. "This one is called Yogo. I am of the Shoji, though not born there." he explained, looking around rather nervously. "Well met, you too, Nanzi and Sora?" Having been listening to the men had had at least figured out their names, even if he wasn't entirely sure what they were talking about. "This is all very new to me. Our woods are remote and we don't have many coming to our lands." Which largely explained his ignorance.
Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Nanzi replied, “Nanzi is most pleased to meet you Yogo of the Shoji, have you come to join the journey further South with the Spider Clan and their allies, or simply passing through?”

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 9:03 pm

"I have come to join the journey." the young man nodded with a grin on his lips. "I hear there is an adventure waiting for us." Yogo sounded rather eager to be on the road, the future glories gleaming in his eyes. "I left my village to see the world and learn. I heard about the Celestial Being. Kami, they call them. Maybe you have met one, I have not. Still, I can see the blessings they have brought with them. I think a man won't do badly serving them."
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 pm

"Met one? Yogo, my friend, Nanzi and I have met all of those who were in the Seppun lands five years ago- and he's married to Lady Doji. I look after Emperor Shiba's children when I'm not on dangerous missions to help my friends. So... your help is most welcome."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 pm

Nanzi just nodded at Sora's retort, it was true and he just smiled pleasantly waiting to see the response.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 pm
"Met one? Yogo, my friend, Nanzi and I have met all of those who were in the Seppun lands five years ago- and he's married to Lady Doji. I look after Emperor Shiba's children when I'm not on dangerous missions to help my friends. So... your help is most welcome."
"You have. Pray tell me, are the great spirits as majestic as they stay? Head taller than men, speaking strange words, glowing with light? I met this guy called Tsubo who was telling me that the Empe..ror.." Yogo struggled to find the right word. "Is some sort of Lord of Heavens." The young man didn't quite know what that meant, but it did sound impressive. "That he leaves all men in his shadow."
Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 9:36 pm

“The divine tongue is pleasant,” he said warmly to Yogo.

“The Gods that walk as Men do are tall and beautiful, and the Emperor is wise and pleasant. Nanzi foresees great things from his vision.”

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 10:09 pm

"Huh." He was left blinking, trying to figure out what Nanzi had just said. "And yet, you have to be traveler as well, for I have never seen anyone as sun-touched as you." Yogo was, for his part, rather pale, hailing from the deep woods of the north. "So, what is this vision? I have understood that they wish for things to change. For the better, I supposed." A fair few members of the 'Imperial Family' had told him as much. Few had been able to offer anything concrete. Still, the wealth and the prosperity of the so-called clans spoke for itself.
Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm

Yogo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:09 pm
"Huh." He was left blinking, trying to figure out what Nanzi had just said. "And yet, you have to be traveler as well, for I have never seen anyone as sun-touched as you." Yogo was, for his part, rather pale, hailing from the deep woods of the north. "So, what is this vision? I have understood that they wish for things to change. For the better, I supposed." A fair few members of the 'Imperial Family' had told him as much. Few had been able to offer anything concrete. Still, the wealth and the prosperity of the so-called clans spoke for itself.
“That was the divine tongue of the Kami, and as for their vision who better than the man who stands by his side, Jiyo Sora,” he replied warmly turning his gaze back to the Imperial.

Jongwun said quietly, “Nanzi-sensei hails from distant lands beyond the Protect lands, his people were from here. Many are sun touched, though not so much as Nanzi-sensei.”

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 19, 2020 11:55 pm

"Ha. That sounded like gibberish to me." he admitted without any tact or consideration. "They still speak out tongue too?" Yogo was fairly sure that someone had said that the Kami could understand mortals, but wasn't entirely sure. "Distant lands? I am sure you have many tales to tell." Offering a smile to Nanzi, Yogo turned his eyes to Sora to hear about this grand plan of the Kami.
Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 12:11 am

“Nanzi has been as far as the land can go before it gives way to fire and walked with the gray giants. Seen the great seas where water swallows all and back again. Nanzi has seen the lands of the dead and even visited the very Heavens of Tengoku to earn the favor of Lady Sun,” he replied warmly.

“Nanzi has seen the lands beyond distant lands.”

Jonguwn gave a skeptical look to her sensei, she had heard the tales many a time and despite her complete trust it always seemed so… mythical to her but she did nod along at the final bit of Tengoku and added, “Lady Doji speaks as we do, as do all of her honored siblings.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 20, 2020 3:31 am

Nanzi wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm
“That was the divine tongue of the Kami, and as for their vision who better than the man who stands by his side, Jiyo Sora,” he replied warmly turning his gaze back to the Imperial.

"The thing to remember about the Emperor, Yogo-san, is that... in all ways, at all times, he's trying to help other people. It's simply who he is. In fact, the reason I am here and he is not, is that his consort and I both had to inform him that given the risks we foresaw, he best served his followers- all of them- by leaving the risks to someone else."

Sora pointed his thumb at his chest.

"Thus, my presence. Most of the time, I guard and tend his children, a duty which... he did not order upon me, so much as offer to me. Do you see? Nanzi-sama and I... did not get along terribly well five years ago, because we differed- we probably still differ- on what we see as best for humanity. But we both grasp what is on offer- it's not simply material riches. Five years ago, I was just another tribesman among the Hikaru. A good arrangement for some, but by no means all. I was offered a choice, and the one I made has made me not simply safer and better-fed- I don't really vcare that much about either of those things- it has made me a better person."

Return to “Meeting and Dining Hall”