Day 1 EM - Shameless Plaigarism (Open)

Anjing Xia

Day 1 EM - Shameless Plaigarism (Open)

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm

"And she just claimed it all as her own work!" Xia throws her arms wide, causing the crab next to her to duck and gave her a glare as he tries to finish his breakfast.

"I mean, there are what, ten literate people here? It's not like she thought I wouldn't notice. I wake up this morning and no sooner am I out of my room then I see this big write up for the whole city! My writeup! My aunt-"
the nearby Crab rolls his eyes and shuffles down along the bench

"-She promised me I'd get the credit for my work. Do you know how long it took? A full guide to the entire city? And not just the basic stuff like 'there is a castle and a wall and a gate and houses', the good stuff with story and lore and characters. And I leave it with my aunt, and next thing I know 'WHAM' my work 'by Tori' and all the literate guests OF WHICH THERE ARE MANY are congratulating her on the great descriptions."

A table down, a former Seidou nods and mumbles through his meal that they were good
"Thank you! They were and are! I mean, this isn't fair, right?"

Xia looks around the room for support
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Reiko

Re: Day 1 EM - Shameless Plaigarism (Open)

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 6:27 pm

The start of Reikos day had her in discussions in meetings with some of the Seido about provisions. She wasn't an expert on these matters, but thankfully she could rely on her magical blessings (as well as being who she was) to convince others that she appeared to have an idea of what she was talking about.

Once those meetings had finished, she moved to the dining hall, the tapping of her walking stick guiding her. The commotion had her attention and she had moved to sit near to the woman who was either ranting or telling a story. Or perhaps both. The seido were a very unique group after all.

Once the woman had finished her story, she'd notice a set of eyes on her. Or at least, in her general direction. There was a small smile on the womans lips.

"Guiding another helps you both. Does the credit really matter?"

(ooc: rolls for event)
D1 EM casting Mental quickness (TN15): 6d10o10k3 17
D1 EM Event. Commerce (Mathematics)/Intelligence. VP for skill, 3k3 from Mental quickness. TN30 (2 raises made): 7d10o10k6 34 3 points)
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Reiko wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:27 pm
Snip
"You're damn right it-.....oh, Reiko-san...sama! Reiko-sama, Reiko of the Spider, I'm so sorry. What um, the thing is...what I was saying was that.....'you're damn right it's great to be sitting so near such an illustrious guest right now.' "

Xia coughs nervously as several of the nearby Crab chuckle
"Of course I would never disagree with one as wise as yourself. But."
She takes a deep breath, not that it does much to slow the torrent of words

"But this is just like stealing a herd of buffalo and calling them your own, or forging your smith's mark on someone else's work, It's theft, even if you can't see it."
Pause
OH shit
"Even if....nobody could see it, applying equally to everybody there, the lack of seeing, it's the um, theft that's the problem. And the lying, that too, a Crab keeps their word."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 6:56 pm

There was a nod, the woman smiling a little more. Reiko always tried to be a little modest, but it did always feel nice to be viewed as someone so important.

"Stealing is wrong, I don't disagree with you. But in this instance, now that she has the credit, she also has to live with the expectation. The next time she needs to perform such a task, who can she turn to? Everyone will believe she can do it herself, and thus she will have to learn to do it. Therefore you have helped her learn either how to improve herself, or to admit that she didn't do originally. Either way, you may not have received the renown, but you will have helped your people, and that is the most important thing."

There was a small pause, before she added "you have my thanks for the task at least, if that helps. May I join you?"

She paused, hoping for the woman to introduce herself.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Reiko wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:56 pm
There was a nod, the woman smiling a little more. Reiko always tried to be a little modest, but it did always feel nice to be viewed as someone so important.

"Stealing is wrong, I don't disagree with you. But in this instance, now that she has the credit, she also has to live with the expectation. The next time she needs to perform such a task, who can she turn to? Everyone will believe she can do it herself, and thus she will have to learn to do it. Therefore you have helped her learn either how to improve herself, or to admit that she didn't do originally. Either way, you may not have received the renown, but you will have helped your people, and that is the most important thing."

There was a small pause, before she added "you have my thanks for the task at least, if that helps. May I join you?"

She paused, hoping for the woman to introduce herself.
"Of course of course, it's a uh, teachable experience for us both. Your thanks is very kind...better than what Tori will get I wager." Next time we meet though....

Xia scoots down the bench and burnishes the now empty space with her sleeve

"If you would like to join me you are most welcome, I am Xia of the Anjing, once of the Seidou...until my aunt got to name our half of the family after her.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 7:13 pm

"Ah, Anjing. How is she? It's been many years since I last spoke with her" Reiko lowered her head respectfully to Xia "and it's an honour to meet you Anjing Xia-san. You have her boundless energy and enthusiasm, it's a good trait to have. I also offer thanks for you and your kin hosting us before our journey. This is my second time here, but now it feels more...busy than the first time."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Reiko wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:13 pm
"Ah, Anjing. How is she? It's been many years since I last spoke with her" Reiko lowered her head respectfully to Xia "and it's an honour to meet you Anjing Xia-san. You have her boundless energy and enthusiasm, it's a good trait to have. I also offer thanks for you and your kin hosting us before our journey. This is my second time here, but now it feels more...busy than the first time."
"Auntie is.....very busy. She does not get to fight as often as she likes, and the twins are....well, they will be almost Hida sized if they keep on growing."
Terrifyingly, the 4 year olds had got their hands on some toy clubs and now stalked the castle's corridors hunting for ogres.

She bows her head awkwardly at the compliment, clearly a little thrown off.
"Thank you Reiko-sama, we could do no less than the Emperor commanded. The Clan is....not used to visitors, I hope our manners have not been too rough."
A trio of crab having an eating contest a couple of tables across belch and laugh loudly.

"We have been growing quickly, more food has meant more hands to work Kaiu-sama's projects. He's hoping to build a castle at the centre of all our settlements one day."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 pm

Kanna hadn't greeted Reiko when Reiko woke this morning. A but of an oddity, she was more often than not waiting at least to say good morning. But she had already left somewhere early, apparently.

That said, any such reprieve bought earned by Kanna's early morning disappearance vanished as the door opened too quickly to be proper by any estimation. The young spider woman stepped in, clothes caked in dirt and maybe a bit of blood. "Ah, there ya are, Lady!" She grinned widely, plopping down next to Reiko, head nodding in acknowledgement to the other woman. "Oh, uh. Hi?"

----
Packing for the Expedition. Hunting. 1 raise. Void. TN 25: 6d10o10k4 35
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 pm

"I thought the roughness was part of the charm" Reiko said with a small chuckle "I'm sure Anjings children will do enough fighting for her mother. They must be what, four now? When I saw them they were barely a year old, and even then I could see they would have a big future ahead of them."

There was a pause as Kanna arrived, and Reiko gave her friend a warm smile and a nod.

"Kanna, this is Anjing Xia of the Crab, one of our lovely hosts. Anjing-san, this is my dear friend Kanna of the Spider, who believes her leaving early this morning would mean I don't know what she was up to" Reiko gave Kanna a look of amusement before turning back to Xia "ah, you mention about the work Kaiu-san is doing? I would be interested to hear more of that, if it would not be rude?"

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 6:20 am

Kanna wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 pm
Snip
Xia blinks at Kanna's appearance but then quickly nods her head.
"Uh, hi. I hope your....hunting?"
Please let it be hunting
"Was fruitful."
Reiko wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 pm
Snip
"It's nice to meet you Kanna-san."
As for Reiko's question
"I think he would be thrilled at your question." And Xia, clearly thrilled at the question, begins an overly detailed explanation of how the carpenter is using counterweights to move the heavy stones and tiles on the castle's roof.
"He says we're a month or two away from being finished, and then he'll be on to his next project, and then the next. Hida really wants to build another wall somewhere."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:24 am

"Hunting, yeah," she nodded, looking the woman up and down with an appraising eye. She apparently decided that this person was not going to do anything awful, so she relaxed a bit. "Well, more foraging. Finding the good berries and such. Hard to really hunt effectively without a bow, though I did bash a couple o' boars."

She nodded her head a moment later. "Nice to meet ya, Miss Xia."
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 6:55 am

Kanna wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:24 am
"Hunting, yeah," she nodded, looking the woman up and down with an appraising eye. She apparently decided that this person was not going to do anything awful, so she relaxed a bit. "Well, more foraging. Finding the good berries and such. Hard to really hunt effectively without a bow, though I did bash a couple o' boars."

She nodded her head a moment later. "Nice to meet ya, Miss Xia."
"Likewise! You are probably going to fit in well here, traditionally Seidou have hunted by pounding, bows are something of a luxury."
Several other bloodstained Crab traipse into the hall and start depositing their kills near the cooking pots on either side, a few give Kanna a thumbs up.

"Are you a hunter then? Will you be accompanying Reiko-sama on the suici- the expedition?"

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 6:58 am

"I've hunted," she answered with a nod. "Current role is to keep Lady Reiko safe. So since she's going to find Fu Leng, that's where I'm headed too."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 7:05 am

Kanna wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:58 am
"I've hunted," she answered with a nod. "Current role is to keep Lady Reiko safe. So since she's going to find Fu Leng, that's where I'm headed too."
"You're her....her."
She remembered Doji had a term for this.
"Yo....jambo?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 7:09 pm

"Perhaps when all this is finished you would be able to help arrange a meet with Kaiu-sama? I would be interested in learning about architecture from him, and I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement."

She smiled at the two others talked, only cutting into correct.

"Yojimbo. It comes from the Kami term for it, Yojimbo, which means honoured protector."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Reiko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:09 pm
"Perhaps when all this is finished you would be able to help arrange a meet with Kaiu-sama? I would be interested in learning about architecture from him, and I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement."

She smiled at the two others talked, only cutting into correct.

"Yojimbo. It comes from the Kami term for it, Yojimbo, which means honoured protector."
"Yojimbo! I shall make a note of that." And she would, Xia might well needlessly correct many people on it!

"I cannot speak for the Clan Reiko-sama, but I can forward your request to our leaders." curiousy "What are the buildings like in your lands?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 8:00 pm

"We have the smallest amount of land, so less need of bigger buildings" Reiko commented thoughtfully "I'm not an expert on the topic though. We have a number of mountains around our lands, I'd be interested in seeing what he might suggest."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Reiko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:00 pm
"We have the smallest amount of land, so less need of bigger buildings" Reiko commented thoughtfully "I'm not an expert on the topic though. We have a number of mountains around our lands, I'd be interested in seeing what he might suggest."
Straight faced "I would guess castles and walls, possible castles with walls. It's a southern speciality."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 pm

"Those are not so common up in the north. I'm also unsure how easy it is to build walls and castles into mountains" Reiko commented with a nod "although if it were possible I would want to learn about it for sure. Although that is for after this mission, once Fu Leng has returned we can beginning planning proper."

She put her hand over her chest for a moment, closing her eyes.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Reiko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 pm
"Those are not so common up in the north. I'm also unsure how easy it is to build walls and castles into mountains" Reiko commented with a nod "although if it were possible I would want to learn about it for sure. Although that is for after this mission, once Fu Leng has returned we can beginning planning proper."

She put her hand over her chest for a moment, closing her eyes.
Xia looks to Kanna and the back to Reiko
"Um....yes...yes definitely."
She pauses for a moment before mirroring the action.

Return to “Meeting and Dining Hall”