Lunch! And it's not trail food! [D24, EA]

Kyosei of the Isawa

Lunch! And it's not trail food! [D24, EA]

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:28 am

Kyosei sat in the dining hall, and just gazed at the food available. It wasn't dried. It wasn't raw. And it didn't need to have jade touched to it to make sure that it was corrupt!

Pure bliss!
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Seidou Haruyo

Re: Lunch! And it's not trail food! [D24, EA]

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Back at home, Haruyo moved about the place with a certain uncertainty. What road had been before her when she marched south was uncertain but she felt it was true. What came next was uncertain because there was much so much possibility. All of it, however, did not mean that this moment required any more attention on it.

What she desired now was merely a meal that she might see to her needs for the day. Sash wrapped around her head to cover her eyes and walking stick in hand she walked with the same self-held confidence she always had.

Listening, feeling, she found her way forward each step through what was surely a crowded area.
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:03 pm

Seeing the woman, and knowing she had been faster and stronger with the Earth than he had, Kyosei pushed his neighbor over, and made some room, then spoke up. "Haruyo! Would you like a seat here? Something to eat that's fresh fruit? Well roasted boar, that hasn't been dried?"

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:56 am

It was an unfamiliar voice, but it held the quality of a friendly demeanor as far as she could expect. Moving his way with the patience given to her by a life of learning differently than most she took up the seat beside him. Setting the walking cane down beside herself.

Once settled, "I do not believe I recognize your voice, and there are none yet that I know which I've forgotten. Might I know who wishes for my company so fervently?" she said.
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:41 pm

"Heh. Your understudy, in a way. I have some skill with both Earth and with Fire, so if, in the final ritual, neither of you could persuade the kami, I would step in. I am Kyosei, of the Isawa Tribe."

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:20 pm

"Understudy," she repeated carefully. Forrowing her brow. "No, I am afraid I am not familiar with the term. Yet I am certain that is not the thing I should be concerned with."

"It is good to know that you were prepared to stand, if you needed. Yet it is for this purpose that Earth brought me here. That I might speak for it in the time of need. Of this I am most confident that it was for my place to stand."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:39 pm

"While I have a strong affinity with Earth, I am also almost as capable with Fire. But, the Dragon was able to do it. So, I was there if needed, but not needed. Story of my life at times, it seems. And an understudy is a term I heard from a group of actors one time. It is the person who studies for a part, but as a backup, if the main actor isn't available. They study, but are under the other. So... understudy."

"You are thus of Earth. Might I ask, have you ever been able to commune or otherwise call upon the Earth spirits, without the sacrifice of blood?"

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:14 am

"I have not, and I have not had the need. Though, I am curious by the idea of what you suggest. However, I must now ask. Do you resent this position of yours, to have been the one who might only claim the place that another stood for if only they had not been successful?" she asked, her voice softening in its tone. Though her natural tone was harsh and rigid as of the element which chose her.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:39 am

"At the time, a little. However, I was then able to rush forward, and provide some needed healing to the party at the edge of the closed pit. So, perhaps the spirits were guiding the selections. Each went where they were truly needed."

"As to why to commune without a sacrifice - it is something I found to do, though only with the spirits of the Earth. And I have wondered if others have found the knack. It is... well, less painful for one. Also, while it takes the same amount of time, it allows me to save the blood for other efforts. But, if I could call on the spirits without spilling my blood, save in the greatest need... well, it's an interesting thought."

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:32 pm

"I would agree that it is an interesting thought," Haruyo said. Though her demeanor forced a quiet on the moment while she thought on it for a moment.

"However, I would join our two respective thoughts. Just as you might see the understanding that perhaps we were guided to where we were needed most, as I surely do believe as well. You were a healer in a place that required healing, and I but a person who only can speak for the Earth. In that. perhaps, there is a purpose to the sacrifice of blood for these rituals we perform. That it is only correct it enacts a cost from us as to remind us of the spirits we disturb and the power we might enact through them."

"Yet, to not be wearied so. It would prove very useful to the things we might otherwise create."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:55 pm

"To save one's strength is... I think it would be good. If we did not have to worry about the pain, the potential injury, even death, we might be able to do more. Mind, the spirits would have needs, too. If we do not sacrifice blood to them, what else might we give them to gain their favor and actions. It is something I have had in mind for a bit. A conversation with Nanzi, actually, started me thinking this way."

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:21 am

"Nanzi is a name I am familiar with, he is a man that would grant many good insights. Yet, I wish to caution you still. Hearing you speak of this I am reminded of one who has not yet reached into adult-hood rushing into things. They think of all that they know, they perform their best, and oft it is the quality that they have forgotten to think on at all that is their downfall," she said.

"Though I believe in the benefit of what you say, the ability to save one's strength. I would ask have you thought of what we gain from the act of using blood to power these rituals? That maybe we too need the act as much as the spirits do themselves."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:31 am

"That we need to make a sacrifice of some kind? I have, actually thought of that. We, people, do not value what we do not struggle for. If we could call on the spirits without pain, or otherwise paying, we would not value it. So, it is one thing we have to keep in mind."

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:50 pm

"It is," she says.

"What more have you thought toward this goal of yours? Are there any other that you share it with? What is it you intend to do to try and discover this method, this way?"

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:57 pm

"I am merely on the first step - find out if others have found anyways themselves of doing it. Am I unique? Are there others out there, who also can call on the spirits without pain? Only once I have done this a while will I start to formulate other plans."

Return to “Meeting and Dining Hall”