[Day 24, Early Morning] The Business of Empire (Closed)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 24, Early Morning] The Business of Empire (Closed)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:19 pm

Sora had ventured into Jigoku itself. He had beheld monsters and seen good people killed and maimed.

All of it, he had done with a will.

But this... sucked, and only his love of his Emperor, his love for the woman whose name he bore, his love of the Empire that they had fashioned, could bring him to this.

"Hida-sama. Anjing-sama. So good to see you."

He bowed just so.

"It came to my attention on the morning we left, that several of those on the expedition to rescue Hisomu-sama had... mistreated members of the Crab Clan in pursuit of supplies. While none of this was the wish, or order, of the Emperor, the ultimate responsibility for the expedition lies with his followers. Therefore, if your people will present their complaints, we will verify them and make restitution."

Another bow.

"Naturally, this addresses the damage, but not the insult to the Crab. I have a small proposition for a minor effort at restitution. A major project for the Empire is about to be undertaken. We will be creating a series of libraries throughout Rokugan. I wish for Anjing Xia to be placed in charge of the first one. Anjing-san has the passion for the project, but the same could be said for many others. However, during her time on the expedition, she achieved several things no other could manage. She added to the knowledge of the Empire by cataloging many of the things we found. She stood against a demon and prevailed. And perhaps most impressively?"

Another, deeper bow.

"She has shown me that I have underestimated both the Crab and the Kami they serve. Having in her in a position of importance in an Imperial project he takes an interest in seems a fitting reward for such feats."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Canary

Re: [Day 24, Early Morning] The Business of Empire (Closed)

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:23 am

Hidaav.jpg
Hidaav.jpg (30.67 KiB) Viewed 1350 times
"Wall-stander!" Hida greeted boisterously. He listened to Sora's suggestion and nodded. "She may have many things occupying her time now that she's returned, but we will take it into consideration."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 24, Early Morning] The Business of Empire (Closed)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:48 am

"Wall-stander?"

Despite himself, Sora felt a grin coming on.

"I thought Doji was the polite one!"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Return to “Court Room”