One, Two, Many, Lots (D1, LM)

Seidou Haruyo

Re: One, Two, Many, Lots (D1, LM)

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Fri May 22, 2020 5:03 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 pm
"Ah," she said softly, "but even one without eyes can 'stop and enjoy the view', in their own sense. Such as stopping to feel the breeze, feel the earth beneath our feet, or listen to a sound. But perhaps there is something in what you say that it is not nescessarily a gift."

Saruko cleared her throat slightly. "Sorry for the odd question though. A friend of mine lost his sight when he was young after he had a vision of a great fire that would happen, and since that day he frequently would foresee things before they happened." And then there was Reiko who was nearly blind and had the same gift.
"You may have not thought to intend this.. but no, while those you have met may have granted this ability. Not all with sight have gained such a sense to have an understanding of what is to come. Possessed though of blindness as I am I was merely born without where others have. Which, of speaking, I admit it is likely that my own experience as a woman born blind has given me the natural tendency to "stop and enjoy the view" as those with sight have come to understand the term."

"Yet.. I feel as if we get away from what I intended upon asking. I had wished to know more of you, more of the woman to whom I speak and the path that has led her here and will lead her forward. For who do you consider yourself is most present on my mind."
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 5:47 am

Another soft "hm"-sound, as she considered what Haruyo was saying. Or asking. It seemed a little confusing.

"I suppose I could give a lengthy answer, but the clear and short of it is that I wish to help. The ones going out on this expedition are friends of mine, family of mine as well by bond, as is the one we are going to save, and I wish to help them."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 am

"You wish to help," she repeated. Taking a breath of a moment to sit with it on a thought. Deciding, she continued with the same stone-confidence as before, "that is a good start. Yet, I would ask more to wonder after who you are Togashi Saruko? Beyond what you do. You are a woman in a position that can make something of herself and others. There will be a simple kind of strength to your name where your decisions will matter."

"I just wonder after what those decisions might be. For where do all those who look to you, where will their power go? What will you set out to accomplish?"
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 am

The young woman before her seemed to have many deep thoughts, but in a different wavelength than Saruko was used to thinking.

"I don't yet have all the answers you seek, I'm sad to say, seeker. In time, it will become clearer."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Haruyo reached out and placed a hand on the other woman's thigh, near her knee. Patting it gently she said, "That is quite alright, you do not need to have the answers just yet I suppose. You will have the whole course of your life to decide but.. I believe it is the thought to which women in your position should concern themselves. Generations of people will remember you for it, eventually. It is now your ability to decide what people will remember, what impact you will have."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 am

Saruko placed her hand over Haruyo's, showing that the touch was not unwelcome and to let her know that she understood what the other woman was saying, as she couldn't just express it with her face to her.

"Perhaps, but you hold as much power as I do to have an impact on the future. Such is the power of humanity," she retorted warmly.

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Sun May 24, 2020 3:36 am

"Perhaps," she smiled briefly. "Yet, we must always be wondering for our place. What it is that we alone can do that no other can in our place. It is the power of humanity but also our burden to do with it all that we can. "

A pause, a moments reflection, "I believe, especially after today, that you will be a woman who will choose well."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 5:08 am

"Well," she gave Haruyo's hand a gentle squeeze, "I shall have to work hard to not disappoint your expectations in me. But I suppose it's good that one has expectations and hopes to live up to."

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Sun May 24, 2020 2:33 pm

"Do not do it for me, but for those who would look to you for guidance. If you do not know them yet, I am certain they will yet come," she said, another smile as she brought her hand back to her side.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 9:35 pm

She shook her head somewhat, then again remembered who she was speaking with. "Your expectations are important to me too. There are some who look to me for guidance already and there are others who also have expectations of me. But... I think that as long as the expectations aren't unreasonable or against my values, I should try to meet them. If possible."

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Mon May 25, 2020 10:06 am

"That is good," she said, resting a smile. "For now, I think, it would be best to get back to what we might do in the present. However, I hope that our discussion has given you something to think on because it has certainly offered me something in turn."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 25, 2020 10:23 am

"Ah." Haruyo's words reminded her that she had also been working on some things. "Yes. I should probably return to work too. But I greatly enjoyed our conversation, Haruyo."

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Tue May 26, 2020 2:57 am

"As did I, Saruko," she said, a brief smile.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 3:02 am

/scene?

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 am

/scene

Return to “Court Room”