[Day 1 - EA] Fallen Chairs

Nanzi

[Day 1 - EA] Fallen Chairs

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Nanzi was dressed in several layers of kimono flanked by Jigutsuji and Jongwun as he waited to meet with his honored friend. He admired the throne made of sky stone that was fashioned for Hida, it was interesting though did not quite match the aesthetics that Doji preferred for her own home.

Still it held some charm for him.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Reiko

Re: [Day 1 - EA] Fallen Chairs

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 9:07 pm

Reiko had taken time to prepare for this meeting than she had for other parts of the day. Something that took longer with her reduced vision, but she had Kanna to assist (even if Reiko as a proud woman wouldn't openly ask for it). She had worn the kimono gifted to her by Nanzi and his wife for their wedding, a beautiful piece in black and teal - the colours of her new clan.

The tapping of her walking stick would be heard before she would be. When she drew close, she bowed.

"Blessings of the Heavens upon you, my dear friend" Reiko bowed, smiling warmly, before gazing upon the throne "even with my eyes I can see the touch of Tengoku on that throne."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 pm

For all the time she spent preparing Reiko for this meeting, Kanna spent so preciously little preparing herself. She was dressed in her one outfit, which was definitely not appropriate for a meeting. But she was the guard. Her job was to smile and be quiet. She could at least handle the second thing, appraising Nanzi for a moment before deciding he probably wasn't going to eat her Champion and moving to be inconspicuous.
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 pm

“It seems an age since last we met dear friend, Nanzi prays the seasons have treated you and your betrothed well, or in his case he has survived the many trials put ahead of him,” he responded in kind.

Jigutsuji introduced himelf, “This one is Doji Jigutsuji, Champion of the Spider.”

Jongwun bowed deeply as well and said, “This one is Nanzi Jongwun, and she is honored to be in your presence.”
Last edited by Nanzi on Tue May 19, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 pm

"It's an honour to meet you both. This is my dear friend Kanna of the Spider" Reiko motioned in the direction that Kanna was "she is quiet and focused in her duties though, so please don't take offense if she doesn't speak much."

She turned back to Nanzi, adding "would your kin prefer that we speak in a tongue they understand? I rarely get a chance to speak in the language of the Stars, but I do not wish to offend any."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 19, 2020 9:49 pm

“Perhaps it is best for now and we can speak privately at another occasion,” he said kindly.

“Many greetings, Kanna-san. The gathering of volunteers is impressive, even if it took more time than we had liked to organize this. Nanzi believes it speaks well that so many of the Clans and Tribes have come together to save your betrothed and my oath-bound Brother.”

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 12:05 am

"I believe all have sent at least one representative, it shows a good unity among all to bringing him home."

Reiko closed her eyes, bringing her hand to her chest.

See my love? All know you, all remember you. Keep holding on a pained expression crossed her features for the briefest moment before vanishing behind a smile again.

"How are your children doing?" she asked Nanzi.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 12:17 am

“They grow like weeds, you turn your head and they sprout another hand length upward, soon they will be taller than Nanzi,” he joked.

“And they have such energy, if every soldier had their drive, Nanzi would win a thousand wars if only he could keep them so focused. They are his light and Nanzi thinks fondly of them, often.”

Jongwun then said with a mix of disgust and wonder, “Have we learned anything of what we will face as we head further South? Will we see more of these rat-people?”

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 am

"They sound like quite a handful, much like their father" Reiko said with a chuckle "I assume the Flower Star is watching over them? I look forward to seeing them again, they were so tiny last I saw them."

Then Jongwun commented, and a small frown appeared.

"I assume you speak of the Nezumi, who likely know more about what we are facing as we travel further south than we do. I cannot say I know it well, but I'm told they have some manner of dwellings to the south."

D1 EA Lore: Nezumi (Sage) 2 raises because why not: 5d10o10k4 21

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 am

“Nezumi,” she said tasting the word.

“Thank you, Reiko-sama,” she said with deep respect. “Forgive this humble student for speaking out of turn.”

Nanzi shrugged and said, “The children are well cared for, now we just need to march down to yours and fetch him so they can have more cousins to play with. He is very late your wedding.”

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed May 20, 2020 1:57 am

Reiko wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:05 am
"I believe all have sent at least one representative, it shows a good unity among all to bringing him home."

Reiko closed her eyes, bringing her hand to her chest.

See my love? All know you, all remember you. Keep holding on a pained expression crossed her features for the briefest moment before vanishing behind a smile again.

"How are your children doing?" she asked Nanzi.
She feels a warmth in her chest from their connection, but it's brief and weaker than at the tournament.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 4:56 am

The warmth gave her strength, but her worries wouldn't go away.

Soon, my love. Soon.

She blinked, then looked back to Jongwun with a smile.

"No need for forgiveness, I am certain many have called them worse. Still, these creatures may be the difference between success and failure, and they are willing to help us. That tells us everything about them."

She then looked back at Nanzi with a chuckle.

"He is indeed very late isn't it? Still, I'll forgive him. It's not his fault, and I know he's thinking of me as much as I'm thinking of him. I'm not too old for children yet, although..." she trailed off, biting her lip a moment.

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 am

The trail off caught Kanna's attention, and she was next to the Spider daimyo in a flash. She knew there wasn't any physical danger, but that didn't seem to stop the Spider from concern. Still, she said nothing, not trying to actually interrupt their conversation.
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 am

“It will be as it should be,” he said approvingly.

“This will just be another adventure for Nanzi to conquer and return with victory written across the stars. We will move swiftly and we will succeed. So how did you come to know such a fierce guardian?” he asked, gesturing to the quiet woman protector.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 5:18 am

"It's ok. Really" Reiko said quietly to Kanna, giving her a smile, before looking back to Nanzi.

"Do the stars not already sing loud enough about the great Nanzi that he needs more deeds to his name?" Reiko was glad for the distraction, chuckling at his antics "as for Kanna here, she has volunteered herself to my protection after I returned to the Isawa tribe to speak with them. She has been wonderful company in my many trips across these lands. I certainly feel safer with her around, not that I needed the protection" she shot a teasing glance in Kannas direction.

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 5:23 am

"Lords need protected," Kanna retorted in a relatively bland manner. "And yer no exception, Lady Reiko."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 5:27 am

"Is that so?" Nanzi asked of the woman.

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 am

She looked to Nanzi and nodded. "You can't be fightin' every battle that comes yer way anymore. People like you, people like Lady Reiko... you've got the needs of a whole lotta people to look after. My only job's ta make sure Lady Reiko is safe. Fight the battles so that she don't have to. Seems a fair enough trade."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 20, 2020 5:32 am

Jongwun agreed and said, "She speaks true, Nanzi-dono."

Nanzi chuckled and said, "Reiko-san has a loyal guardian at her side, Nanzi likes this one."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 20, 2020 7:00 pm

"Kanna is a good woman, and has a wise head" Reiko nodded with a smile "as does Nanzi-san here" she nodded to the woman "it seems they have our best interests at heart even if we wouldn't consider such things. I hadn't really considered how much work the tribal elders did before now."

She paused, looking to the throne for a few moments before adding "hopefully I won't need to run this clan alone for much longer. Once Fu Leng is home, we can share the load."

Return to “Court Room”