[Day 16, Late Morning] For the Birds [Expecting]

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 16, Late Morning] For the Birds [Expecting]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:13 am

"Eh, future generations would think it was meant to be used as a thumbnail polish ingredient..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:15 am

"Mm, she really does get in the way of humor at times doesn't she? Perhaps not all details are such a bad thing to have."
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:20 am

Sora sighed.

"Well, actually, a major component of these libraries is going to be trying make sure everyone can actually read what's in them. Otherwise they're just big important buildings full of scrolls."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:13 am

"So you'll hold lessons on reading and writing as well? I'm liking the idea of this place more and more whenever I hear about it."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:15 am

"Glad to hear it, since I was hoping you might contribute some writings to it. Because yes... another function of these libraries would be teaching people how to make use of what they contain."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:31 am

"Shirayuki posed that idea to me as well. I should very much like to contribute some of my own ideas to this endeavor. If people intend to come to me asking for wisdom as regularly as they have been lately, having anything I might say written down elsewhere for them would be...relaxing."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:31 am

"Plus we could make copies, so folks wouldn't have to walk so far to find you when you wander off..."

He appeared to be teasing. Probably.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:37 am

"I do enjoy my wanderings." He smiled, evidently enjoying the humor to be found in Sora's words. "Not having to wander alone all the time might be nice as well."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:57 am

"Ah. Uhm. About that..."

Shit, shit, shit.

"You, ah... Might need to adjust some expectations for how that might go..."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:01 am

Shinsei tilted his head to the side slightly. "Which expectations might those be?" He seemed more curious than upset or put off, for the moment at least.

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:07 am

"No one can know Phi's child is also yours."

Sometimes, beating about the bush was best avoided.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:13 am

Shinsei blinked very slowly. He wasn't a slow man, the context of what Sora had said dawned quickly, he was just very, very surprised.

"M... Phi's... child?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:20 am

Sora simply tapped the cheekbone under his eye.

"Taka, one of the guards the skinthieves killed. Very sad. She'll no doubt want some guidance raising Taka's child."

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:41 am

As Shinsei nods thoughtfully, Sora has a vision...

No... two visions.

Three visions...

Five, ten, twenty, one hundred visions...

Visions of Phi...

... slapping the absolute piss out of Sora.

The harder he tries to evade, prevent, or escape, the harder and more numerous the slaps. In one vision, he evades Phi for years, only for Kinyôbi to find out, slap him, then turn him over to Phi, who slaps him.

Sora is probably getting slapped for this.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:37 am

And he was fine with that.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:39 am

Ultimately, Shinsei seemed happy, if guarded. "If the life is one which allows Phi to be at my side, then that is what matters most to me. Helping to raise her child would be a rare honor."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 am

"The least we can do for Taka."

He lowered his tone slightly.

"And it will allow for a survival that other options... preclude."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:44 am

"For the best, yes. His child will be well cared for." Shinsei didn't seem outwardly choked up, but Sora might miss the subtle tones of sorrow in his voice, not knowing him as well as Phi would.

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:48 am

Sora cocked his head to the side.

"You know, I know a thing or two about caring for another man's children by a woman I have feelings for. You want to know a secret, Shinsei? They don't put limits on their love. Kids, I mean. It makes for a good life, accepting that. It certainly made me better than I was."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:54 am

That earned a smile. "I shall take that to heart, and carry it with me wherever I may go. You are a good man, Sora. I'm certain you'll make a fine father yourself when the time comes."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”