[Day 16, Late Morning] For the Birds [Expecting]

Jiyo Sora

[Day 16, Late Morning] For the Birds [Expecting]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:22 am

Sora's armor was covered in painted words, his face and hands inked with still more.

But given what he had seen- or more precisely, what something had worked very hard to keep him from seeing- he figured he'd hit up the guy who was absolutely not, in any way, the father of Phi's recently-conceived child.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Shinsei

Re: [Day 16, Late Morning] For the Birds [Expecting]

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:22 am

Shinsei, complete with bird companion, was sitting on his rock, meditating quietly. He didn't speak as Sora approached, but once the man had gotten within a certain distance of him, he patted the spot beside him, in case Sora wished to take a seat as they spoke.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:25 am

Sora sat down- and peered at Karasu.

He'd stared at the bird before, of course, without success, but...

"You should know there's another blackbird in this camp now."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:28 am

Karasu stared at Sora, the bird's expression somehow conveying how seriously it took this statement.

"Caw?"
Crow + Birb + Mischievous

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:32 am

"Your greatest admirer, the husband of the Kami I found most incomprehensible, has a new pet. Lustrous looking bird. Beautiful black plumage."

A pause.

"Gave me a throbbing headache when my oracular eye tracked over it."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:34 am

Karasu ruffled his feathers uncomfortably as Shinsei turned to look at Sora, a curious expression on his features. "You don't say? Where did he encounter this creature?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:40 am

"He didn't say. Although when I commented that it looked more normal than any animal we'd encountered in well over a week, he said I hadn't been looking hard enough. Which means it's... recent."

He took a deep breath.

"His bird is... wrong. I can't say more, because I didn't actually see more, but there is something very, very wrong with it."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:51 am

Shinsei sighed deeply, wishing for all the world that these troubles could be simple for once. His dark gray eyes regarded Sora from beneath his hood.

"That puts us in a very difficult situation. He is not a man of low influence, and this whole place itself is very...wrong. You are certain that it is the bird itself which bothers you?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:55 am

"Positive. I could feel it... trying to fool me. Hell, it DID fool me, up to a point, but... I live around enough Ayakashi to have a feel for animal trickery. This was different. Worse."

He sighed.

"I've had little use for Nanzi- or his bride- since we first met five years gone, but nothign about him has ever made my skin crawl the way that bird did. If I'd had more to go on, I would have chucked a piece of jade at it."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:08 am

"He is what he is, and the jade is precious and scarce to us now. It would be a very keen time for such things to occur as you see them. The Lady Doji isn't precisely my favorite of the children of heaven, but I can only hope she would stand to see reason."

Shinsei frowned heavily. "I cannot act directly in this suspicion, however, nor should you. If it allowed you to see it, and suspect it, it may predict that you will act rashly and overtly. You are Hikaru, just like Phi. Discretion is your greatest ally, yes?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:13 am

"I am more than just Hikaru, Shinsei. I am also a protector of Shiba's children, and..."

He sighed. No

"Also party to a certain organization concerned with the possible tyranny some of the Kami might have ushered in, which... well. Let us simply say that I'm very glad Shiba prevailed, and have told him all I know on that front."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:21 am

"Then it seems you know what it might take to learn the truth of this matter."

Shinsei turned fully towards Sora, tension working its way into his posture despite his meditations. "I will offer what aid I am able, when I am able, but must do so carefully. Nanzi is no friend of mine and this is known, so any actions I take overtly will already have countermeasures in place. Do you intend for anyone else here to know this?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:23 am

"I intend to inform one other member of my... conspiracy. He's not given to overt actions- or he would have pelted Hantei with ox dung by now- but putting aside the personal dangers, spreading disunity at this stage of our endeavor seems... folly."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:27 am

"It would create a great many issues, I appreciate your...foresight." That last word was dropped with a hint of humor to it. "Priorities dictate our actions currently and the foremost among those is the one that sees you walking into the pit of hell. I do hope you don't resent me for my role in sending you there."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:30 am

Sora laughed at that.

"Hell, I didn't come all this way for my health. Besides. Dawei and Black Moonset are friends of mine, and Old Man Yamadono is is steady as they come, so if anyone should be upset, it's them for saddling them with me!"

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:36 am

"Everyone will have their part to play." He smiled mysteriously, then inclined his head at the marks on Sora's face. "Those were written in a different hand than your own, for obvious reasons, but the lettering is quite delicate. Who did that?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:51 am

"Kinyoubi."

He smiled.

"She was the one Phi, Koyama, and I saved from those skinthieves. Swore herself to my service, which was... Uncomfortable for me, but thankfully, we've cleared that up starting today."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:11 am

"Is that so?" Shinsei quirked an eyebrow up at that. "How exactly does one resolve such a thing, if I may ask?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:20 am

"She, ah... proposed."

He gave a rueful grin.

"Can't think why, but... it gave me an out. A wife is a partner, not a servant."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:00 am

Shinsei tightened his lips, and it looked for all the world like he was trying to bite down a laugh. He managed a slow nodn without breaking his expression completely.

"I'm certain she will appreciate having a spouse with such... enthusiasm for the impending marriage. You must be everything she's ever looked for in a man."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”