Shinsei, You Got Some 'Splainin' To Do (D15, EA)

Togashi Saruko

Shinsei, You Got Some 'Splainin' To Do (D15, EA)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:09 am

(Closed)

She had been very relieved to hear Shinsei had come back, and had been good to see him again earlier that day. But damn, she needed to give him a little friendly talking to about running off like that!

"Shinsei?" Saruko asked aloud as she approached his tent.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nozomi

Re: Shinsei, You Got Some 'Splainin' To Do (D15, EA)

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:18 am

So, funny story Saruko. It wasn't Shinsei who opened the tent flap. There was a pale hand at the edge of it, calloused like his but not nearly as rough. The flap opened and Phi's features were visible in the tent, looking up at the Togashi quietly for a moment. No mask. No hood. It was as she'd been at the meeting earlier. She caught sight of Togashi's wife and nodded, offering her a small smile with those blood red eyes twinkling some.

"Saruko. I think he'd like to speak to you," she said, holding it open. She was making an assumption, but she figured it was a safe one. Either way, if the Togashi entered the tent, Phi would simply sit down nearby inside unless asked to leave. Funny enough, even, her pack seemed to be inside here, as was the statue of Bayushi she'd been carrying around. It was kind of like she'd moved in here for some reason.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:26 am

It took her a moment to recognize the young woman, but when she saw the eyes it clicked into place. "...Phi?" she said, clearly surprised to see her unmasked, and seeming... different.

Then there was some sort of understanding dawning on her. Slowly.

"Right... thank you..." she murmured, still taking it all in as she stepped inside.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:35 am

Shinsei sat within the tent, casually relaxing on a small pillow. It was no rock, certainly, but it was almost as reliable. His eyes were on the entryway to his tent, having heard his friend speaking to Saruko already. He, too, seemed to call no direct attention to her presence within his tent, behaving as if it were merely a fact of life.

Which it was, at this point.

"Ah, Shirayuki, it is good to see you! I am terribly sorry to have been so long without contacting you, matters have been quite... intense of late. Please, take a seat."

Something was weird. Shinsei seemed a bit more jovial than his usual stoic, or stoically crabby.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:37 am

She heaved an obvious sigh of relief as she saw her friend again. "Goodness, you had us all worried!"

The strangeness of it all wasn't lost on her, but that could wait, she felt. All things in time. "What happened? You suddenly disappeared. You and Karasu both."

Theme 2Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:44 am

Phi closed the flap behind them and settled into a comfortable position. She was quietly working on the feathers to attach to her arrows and make sure the fletching was done properly. She was going to need them in the morning, one way or another. Oh, this story was going to be a bit of a fun one to tell wasn't it? But as she nodded over at 'Shirayuki,' making a mental note to ask about that name later, she didn't pipe up. It was up to him what parts she got to tell, and if she mentioned things like him coughing up a lungful of black, foul earth nearly into her mouth when she breathed into it.

That had been oh so much fun.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:07 am

Shinsei blew out a breath, knowing full well that he was going to get an earful for this one.

"I ran off in an attempt to dispatch a dangerous spirit that exists entirely by my own fault. I felt responsible for dealing with it, and spent much of the day fighting...or rather being savaged by it, and a bit of time buried under some rubble until I was retrieved." He paused, giving a significant look to Phi. "You have her to thank for finding me and ensuring I was able to return safely."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:30 am

She was a little upset that he had done this on his own, without getting anyone to help him. And there were tears of frustration on the edges of her eyes, though also out of relief that he hadn't died in the attempt. "Phi... thank you so much, for saving this idiot."

A few sniffs as she kept her feelings in check as her attention shifted between the two. "You could've told us, you know - many here would've helped you if you asked."

Theme 2Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:48 am

"I'm pretty certain that is why this idiot didn't think that he could tell any of us. He didn't even tell Shinjo or Hantei. As far as I know. I was the only one Karasu brought a note from him." That realization had a bit of scarlet forming in her cheeks and she blinked. It was obvious this woman was a friend. They spoke with a familiarity he didn't get to have with most. "I... don't know most of the people here that well, so I trusted him. I knew he trusted Shinjo with his life, so that's why I went to her first. We rode after him as fast as we were after. She turned into a ... Ki-rin. It was, well, I doubt I'm ever going to be able to tell anyone a story quite like that again, heh."

Famous last words considering they were near the mouth of hell itself.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:40 am

Shinsei nodded quietly. "Due to Phi's intervention, she and Shinjo were able to find me and provide the medical assistance that I required. I owe them both my life." When he looked over, there was a look of appreciation and genuine affection for the young woman who had risked herself for him.

"I apologize for not telling you about this, my friend. When I learned of this thing's existence, I acted out of foolish desperation and pride."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:49 am

Another sniffle as she rubbed her nose. The entire gesture and raw emotion for a moment seemed so honest and human, compared to what one might expect from a woman married to a god.

"I'm just... relieved you're ok. Both of you. Thank you so much, Phi..." as she calmed down, she was taking in more of the small signs between the two of them. Despite what most people thought about Saruko, she was quite perceptive, especially when it came to humans.

She managed a smile as she chuckled and wiped away her tears. "I suppose love is a strong motivator to change paths in life, Phi," she remarked warmly, giving the Hikaru woman a knowing smile.

Theme 2Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:31 am

There was obvious heat in her cheeks at that and try as she might, it was not possible to hide without the mask. That was one of the things she'd always liked about it from the moment that she'd put it on. She could pretend to be this emotionless killing machine with red eyes. It had been alarmingly effective, and here her emotions had been put pretty heavily on display for anyone to see. Still, she managed to clear her throat and smile over at Shinsei.

"I'm glad that I got to drum him over the head instead of mourn him too." She settled a little and her eyes locked with his. "But... as much as I'm not going to hide that I'm falling in love with this man, it's more than just that. I think Shinsei helped save me from many things about myself. I need him, as much as I love him." Admittedly, she wasn't going to elaborate too deeply on the matter she needed him because of.

"We all need him, but maybe he's learning not to try and stand solo all the time, mmm?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:37 am

Her expression in return was kind. Understanding. "That is often how love can be... it allows the strengths of two people to be joined, to make them stronger, enforcing the bond that exists between all of us."

At least something good had come out of this foolishness, and Shinsei had survived. Reaching out, Saruko placed her hands on Phi's shoulders to give them a gentle squeeze.

"Trust me, I know what it's like to find love with a man who will help you realise your own potentials. You've made a good choice, Phi... even if this one did something really really dumb," she added in with a brief chuckle, as she couldn't help but to poke a bit at her dear but very stubborn friend.

"You better work hard to not disappoint her, my friend. She's quite a treasure."

Theme 2Profile

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Shinsei, perhaps because of his newfound sense of comfort and relaxation, have Phina wry look. "I have been and shall continue to work hard to keep Phi from being... disappointed. But I see no reason to be concerned in that regard. Just as she has come to understand a new way of life, so too am I finding a new appreciation in relearning lessons I believed I had mastered." He laughed. "When I write my piece for this library, I think I shall impress upon the empire that one cannot become a true master," he reached out to take hold of Phi's hand with one of his, "until one has found the right student."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:45 pm

"Right, the library... we hope we'll be able to build many across the Empire. I intend to have one in Dragon lands. There's a place in the southern part of the mountains, where there's a great many waterfalls and a fertile valley below - it's my dream to build a place there for arts, and knowledge, and learning, and worship..." she stopped herself before she got too rambly. The focus should be on Phi and Shinsei now!

"The two of you will always find a safe haven in the Dragon lands, of course. Togashi and I will gladly welcome you both, as visitors, friends, and honored guests."

Theme 2Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:11 am

Her hand took his with a mild and equally wry grin plastered all over her face. She felt more comfortable sliding in a bit closer and settling in next to him as the three of them talked. Libraries. Ugh. Not exactly her strong suit, but she didn't dislike them quite the way that she did courtly ways and practices. It was more of a lack of familiarity there. her ability to read and write was weak, even if she wasn't illiterate truly.

"I'm grateful to know that there is a place where we can always feel welcome, though I doubt there are many who wouldn't welcome Shinsei," sh said. She did not, however, say 'all.' She was already catching the hint that his popularity was not entirely universal. "But even if I am becoming his student and more, learning at his feat, I do not know that I will ever be the master. It seems a daunting thing." Then again that was what baby steps were for.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 am

Shinsei reached over to take Phi's chin with his fingers, and lifted her face until she was looking into his eyes. "No student, neither the greatest nor the least of them, will study at my feet as if they are lesser to me. We will teach and learn as equals, leading by example for any who would follow."

He may have kissed her lips if they were alone, but instead he simply kissed her cheek before releasing her chin and turning back to Saruko. "We are grateful for your offer. I am happy to call you and those around you friends, Shirayuki."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:38 am

"Such wise words, teacher," Saruko chuckled warmly, giving an approving nod to the two. "I trust you both to be sensible about your love out here in this dark place, and to not let it become a weapon to be used against you."

She really really really hoped she didn't need to give that talk a second time, least of all to someone who really should know better.

"But I'm happy that you two have eachother now, for strength and support, and I hope you'll be as blessed as Togashi and I."

Theme 2Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:48 am

She was just ind of quivering in his touch. If he'd kissed her on the lips, she would not have said a word about it. But the kiss on the cheek was fine. It showed off plenty of the color flooding her cheeks and she had to control herself for a moment and breathed slowly. Oh wait, they'd kept talking hadn't they? She made a slightly childish giggle and let herself come back to her senses before nodding.

"Just the way I want it. At your side as an equal," she said softly. "Nothing wrong with learning a little at your feet though." But then Saruko said that and she coughed once into her hand after pulling back a little, nodding. "We... aren't going to touch each other that way inside this place. I don't trust it to be safe. For either of us."

Two days ago, however, they weren't in the shadowlands.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:56 am

If a man could embody the concept of clearing his throat in embarrassment without so much as sniffling out of tune with his normal breath, Shinsei must surely have taught that man himself. He continued looking at Saruko and only at Saruko as he listened to her words.

"Ah, that is quite the speech to have to give to anyone. Remarkably, Phi asked me if anyone were strange or desperate enough to do something like that nearly a week ago. Evidently you and her think alike in that regard."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”