D15EA, Praying Can't Hurt (Open)

Seppun Dawei

D15EA, Praying Can't Hurt (Open)

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:44 pm

The portable shrine to which Dawei had contributed so much was erected behind Shinsei's tent, Ayumu's rope-barrier and basins placed around it. Dawei "washes" his hands and face, kisses his jade, and enters.

Clapping thrice, as he had seen The Seppun do any number of times, he kneels before the shrine, bows his head.

I am not The Seppun; I am not a priest. But I still hope you will hear my prayers, Fortunes, and bless this group as it faces what lies ahead.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Jiyo Sora

Re: D15EA, Praying Can't Hurt (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:35 pm

Sora approached the Shrine. Noted the kneeling Seppun.

Shrugged.

Hikaru prayers tended to be shouted, and generally involved smacking the hell out of something, helping a woman survive childbirth, or perhaps getting laid, and they were almost never delivered in a formalized way.

With what lay ahead of them, Sora knew that Bishamon would be expected- maybe Jurojin or Hotei.

But he didn't feel... drawn to any of them.

So he focused his attention on the figure of Fukurokujin.

He didn't clap and kneel like the Seppun did- instead, he remained standing and held his hands out, palms up.

Hey old man. Don't know that I've ever sent a direct prayer of any kind your way. Hell, I don't even use you for cursing. But we're going to need more than strength, more than magic, more than that 'Honor' blither Nanzi never shuts up about. We're going to need wisdom to pull this off. We can't brute force a Spirit Realm, and I know- know for a fact- that I'm not sharp enough to make it work. So guide those who are. Give them what they need, let them see what has to be done.

And if we screw this up, and we don't make it out... give someone the library idea. The world needs it.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:02 am

Kinyoubi waited for Sora a little way away from the Shrine, smiling to herself, and at Sora as he prayed.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:05 am

Give me the insight to find a path the others can follow, one that leads them back to safety.
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:15 am

And for me? Well. You've already given me the clarity to know my limitations, and my aspirations as well. I don't know what more anyone should ask of a Fortune for his own sake. I follow Shiba for his selflessness, so making selfish requests seems... a bad idea. So. Help me help everyone else if you can.

And look after the kids. I think they'll already be drawn to your sphere of influence, simply based on their fathers, but... if this little stroll into hell has shown me anything, it's that knowledge is key- knowledge and the wisdom to use it properly.

And that was it. About how Sora talked to most of the divinities he knew, really.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Sora exhaled, and then stepped back from the shrine.

Hope all of that got through.

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:05 pm

Kinyoubi stepped up next to him. "All done?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:12 pm

He shrugged and grinned sheepishly.

"I guess? Not generally the most pious- shocking, I know- but the circumstances seem to call for it."

Canary

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:34 pm

"It's certainly time to make the request, if no other," she agreed. "... Speaking of now, if ever..."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:34 pm

He arched an eyebrow.

"Yes?"

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:34 pm

Dawei continues in prayer.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:34 pm
He arched an eyebrow.

"Yes?"
She huffed a little at the raised eyebrow, her expression determined. "Don't look at me so doubtfully. I want to marry you!"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:15 am

Canary wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 am
She huffed a little at the raised eyebrow, her expression determined. "Don't look at me so doubtfully. I want to marry you!"
Had Sora's brain been a cabinet of crockery, the crashing sound would have been cacophonous.

He blinked. Tried to think of something to say. He got exactly one word out, although it definitely summed up his most basic source of shock.

"Why?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:26 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:15 am
Had Sora's brain been a cabinet of crockery, the crashing sound would have been cacophonous.

He blinked. Tried to think of something to say. He got exactly one word out, although it definitely summed up his most basic source of shock.

"Why?"
She took a breath before responding. "You saved me, but... That's secondary. I appreciate that you care about knowledge as much as I do and you care about other people. You see where those two intersect and how they can create a better world for everyone."

She looked down, taking the Jade pendant carved in the shape of Fukrokujin and fiddled with it. "I want to stay by your side as we bring your idea of a great library system into reality. I want to do that with you, not just as your assistant."

"Besides, I like talking to you. I like your personality."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:38 am

Canary wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:26 am
"Besides, I like talking to you. I like your personality."
I suppose somebody has to.

"I..."

Have a bit of a thing for a woman whose children by another man I have spent the last five years I have helped raise which has given me a case of tunnel vision I'm only now coming to grips with. Please stand by.

"... don't want to make any promises tomorrow might make impossible. And it feels a bit odd, since there's been a... power disparity in our relationship so far. So. If we survive tomorrow, you would need to make the return trip as my equal, not my servant."

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:47 am

Her lips twitched, moving in that telltale way of someone who is keeping a joke funny only to them to themselves. "There is a bit of one. Though it will hardly be resolved, then. You're still a direct servant of the Son of Heaven, after all, and I am not."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:51 am

"Eh, that's for people who think like Nanzi. You came on this little journey into hell without combat training. So I'd say you're braver than I am. You're definitely smarter than I am. So. I'd say there's a basis for equality here."

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:58 am

"Some might say foolhardy rather than brave," she noted, eyebrows raised slightly.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:02 am

"Or dedicated. But I suppose that begs the question... why did you volunteer for this mission?"

Canary

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:08 am

"I wanted to record it as a primary source for future generations," she explained. "What's happening here - what will happen tomorrow - it's unprecedented. No one has managed something like this. It's world-shaking. People will need to remember it without it being reduced to heroic vagueries by historians overzealous about the images of the figures involved." She seemed to be slightly agitated over the last part.

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”