[D16 LA] - The Prelude to Someone Getting Slapped (Closed)

Nozomi

[D16 LA] - The Prelude to Someone Getting Slapped (Closed)

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:12 am

Phi's visit to Shinsei's Tent this time around was a simple matter of gear acquisition. She needed to get suited into her armor and ready for the evening shifts, given that she had been tasked as had a few others with holding the rear guard. Her gear at this point was lodged in Shinsei's tent, so ... here she was, though if he hadn't disappeared to do whatever mysterious thing he was going to be doing this evening, she was bound and determined to get at least a word in edgewise about staying safe today.

She had a lot of thoughts, thanks to Sora, roiling in her head but she didn't plan to tell her the big news, not until this was done. She did not need this on his mind too...
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinsei

Re: [D16 LA] - The Prelude to Someone Getting Slapped (Closed)

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:28 am

Shinsei was in the tent itself, rather than outside meditating as he usually was, and seemed to be focused on something unusual; he was cleaning and inspecting Phi's armor and equipment, making sure everything was in pristine condition and setting it out for her when she needed it. He didn't seem to initially notice her as she arrived, intent upon his work, not wanting to miss a single detail.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:34 am

The tent flap closed and she settled down to look at him doing this. Normally she took decent care of her armor, but she'd never been keen on immaculate condition unless it was about the ties being precise to minimize noise as she moved. Watching him work, she frowned in confusion and propped her elbow up on her knee while looking at him, chin resting in the palm of her hand.

"So, this is new. Not that I mind a personal armorer, but you're really selling the 'Jack of All Trades' thing here, you know that don't you?"
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:39 am

Shinsei smiled, turning his head from his work just enough that it could be seen within his hood. "I find many things to occupy my mind in my travels. One must always be willing to learn new skills after all." His hands brushed over the section of armor that would fall over Phi's abdomen. "I spoke with Sora today, and felt the need to ensure your armor was as sound as possible..."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:49 am

"..."

She looked at exactly where his hands were and hers pressed to her abdomen for just a split second before she closed her eyes and breathed in and out. He didn't. He wouldn't dare. I wasn't going to hide this from him you son of a ... GAH! He wouldn't, he wouldn't... no, he probably would. That man got himself in trouble by being a busybody along with an all around occasionally unpleasant person to be near. She didn't mind Sora at all, but he did stick his nose in, deep, didn't he? But. Maybe that wasn't what was going on? After all, it was Shinsei. Maybe he just magically knew two days after...

He wasn't fucking omniscient, but she needed to be sure. how to ask? "So... I guess he told you about Taka then?" Yeah, smooth.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:58 am

There was a pause, then a nod. "He... informed me of the situation, yes. It is not ideal, certainly, but in no way regrettable. I would not have you live your life in any way you did not wish for yourself, and my feelings towards this turn of events, towards you, have not diminished. I will care for you and your child the same as I would if the child were...someone else's."

It clearly stung, just a bit, to be forced to hide the things he would have to hide. But the love he shared for Phi ranked higher than any need to see it spread visibly across the world. And anyone who cared to look would know well enough that Phi was not just some student following in his wake. That was more than plenty.

Shinsei fixed Phi with a significant look, one that was equal parts grave and wry, and even a little suggestive. "I think we should talk to Shirayuki about... future investments. I cannot imagine this will be the last time we find ourselves in such a predicament."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:12 am

"So... when he crawls out of hell, I'm going to punch him in the gut. Just so you are aware," she said dryly, her teeth grinding some and the girl looking down. "I did not want this to be on your mind when we're in the middle of the fight for your life. I didn't need the distraction, and you certainly don't either. I was going to tell you tonight, afterwards... but fine. Thank you for being understanding about ... Taka. I feel exactly the same as you, and after we're past Seidou lands, I would like to talk about that more. But nobody needs to know that I'm... late when I shouldn't know already. That will arouse suspicions."

Translation. No giving the 'good news' to anyone right now. It would be a very bad idea because it would be unavoidable to figure out if people paid careful attention whose kid it was. It was a little too obvious and she was already going to have to tread carefully about this with Koyama, Kinsen, Umeno, Haka and Saruko. They might put two and two together, and that was something she needed to avoid thanks to those visions.

She breathed in and out, closing her eyes. "Ok... so, first of all. I love you." Look, she was saying that right here and now. "And I trust you, implicitly. If you think she is the one to talk to about this? I think I'm going to need help. One... investment will be hard enough, but if there are more, and I am very much fine with more? There will be questions, and we'll need help. I can only think of two options and... I don't trust Bayushi. Not after our talks... I want to trust him, but I can't. Not until we're sure about other things." Because in her opinion? The faceless ones were something she had to protect this child from.

"We can talk to her on the way back, or we could make a pilgrimage to her mountains. Which do you think would be best?"

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:24 am

"I think, given the circumstances, meeting her in her home, surrounded by her people, and only her people, would be the most logical and beneficial way to proceed. And we will be wanderers. Sometimes we just... up and walk away for months at a time without warning. And given Shirayuki has offered safety, we wouldn't be outside our bounds to enjoy her hospitality once in a while."

It could work. It would work, because it would have to. Safety among the Dragon, who would bear the burden of knowledge, preserving and defending the lineage no one else could know about. Shirayuki didn't owe Shinsei her loyalty, but he knew in his heart she would offer it freely regardless. It would have to be enough, for the sake of the bloodline.

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:41 am

"As I said. If you trust her, I trust her. I'll get to know her with time. And then I will trust her on my own merits." She smiled wryly to herself, closing her eyes. The Saru were supposed to be a remote family, so Saruko could probably make sure a minimal number of people were aware of the child's identity. Yes, that could work. It followed spirit and letter of what Sora had discussed, because he knew... so others knowing, trusted others, that had to be in the realm of possibility.

"I don't... fully understand why it came to this. If I haven't told you, you are just a man to me. A special man, and someone I absolutely trust without question. But I don't think of you... well... you're not a messiah, no matter how much someone make you out to be. And I don't like putting you on that pedestal. But if this needs to happen, then this needs to happen and maybe... we both need to be more aware of who we really are in the grand scheme of things."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:59 am

Shinsei rose and made his way over to Phi, sitting carefully in front of her. His hands reached out to take hold of her shoulders and, with a smile, he pulled her forward to kiss her.

It was not particularly heated or passionate, suggestive or needful, it simply was. Shinsei's lips against Phi's were just a fact of life, as history and portent moved along around them, as heedless as those outside the tent who could not see what transpired within it.

When he finally released her, his eyes were bright. "You are my love, Phi. I will always elevate you to that role, as I'm sure you elevate me. And to others we will appear differently. History has no eyes, it is born into this world blind and formless and leaves it in much the same way as it came. It is not my concern how I will be viewed, I will simply be, and you will be beside me."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 am

She blinked and then melted into the kiss, a hand slipping up and under his hood to curl her fingers behind his head and hold steady for as long as she could. It was just a simple, natural state of being, human contact that nobody else got to share. He wasn't her messiah. He was her teacher, but she wasn't simply his student. He wasn't some wise guru everyone listened to. He was just the man she'd fallen in love with and fully intended to follow into hell within a few hours time.

When the kiss broke, she smiled softly. "You are much better with words than me, you know. Not entirely fair, but I'll pick it up eventually. You're mine, and you will always be mine. And... I don't really care what they think of me. I care what you think of me. So that's all that matters in the end. That and... to grow beside you and watch the child grow before our eyes." She almost said our, but here in this place, even the rocks had ears. "I... think I want to talk to you, while we travel back. About your life, about the life I'm taking up. I want to make sure I do this right. But that's hours... and we have a world to save, don't we? And here I just said you weren't the messiah, heh. But I think we all share in this, each our parts."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:35 am

"We do each have our part to play, though many different histories will say many different things of what transpires here today. For now it is unknown to us, a future yet to be written. The here and now is what matters most to me, and with whom I'm choosing to share it." He gently took her hand in his, holding it with a small smile.

"Don't worry too much about your way with words, it will eventually be of a secondary nature. And many others will find in your words things you never intended to speak. It is just something one has to accept."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:45 am

"People already tell me I talk in riddles. You're rubbing off on me a little," she muttered in mild amusement. Her eyes closed and her forehead rested against his as she took comfort from the presence, breathed in the scent of him. How many people in the empire could pin Shinsei's scent as anything other than 'clean?'

...besides the rats. they cheat.

"I never wanted to be part of history... but if it means I get to be here, I'm ok with that. Thank you for helping me find a place in this world." the way she put it, it wasn't that he'd done all that work, but it was more that finally she felt that she was actually somewhere, not floating through the motions of life like she had for so many years. There was something permanent about it all, and she'd fight to make sure it was not taken away from her or anyone else.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:13 am

He embraced her then, only wanting to close the space between them and enjoy the solid presence she now represented in his life. "If history follows us, I say let it. So long as it chooses to stay behind us, where it belongs. And if it creeps up on us in the night, I know a lovely woman who can beat it senseless."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:21 am

"I'm not going to let hell itself have you, so I'm afraid you are definitely stuck with me," she whispered very softly before noticing her armor again over his shoulder and chuckling darkly. "And speaking of such things... perhaps I should let you put that armor you've been tending to so very carefully on me. Think of it as ... well..."

She leaned in to whisper right in his ear very softly. "We can think of this as you protecting our child. The only reason I'm not going to punch him too hard is because at least some of the news was good."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:58 am

Shinsei actually shivered at the whisper, then nodded and rose, moving to Phi's armor.

"You may have to guide me through the actual process, but as I said, it is always good to learn new skills." Getting to touch Phi while learning was a definite bonus, however.

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:48 pm

She settled herself as he said that in a position that would have her back turned to him, the shiver bringing a little smile to her face. One hand reached up and drew her hair out of the way and she winked once at him before starting to tie her hair back and then her sleeves in position so they wouldn't be in the way and easily bound in gauntlets.

"We could treat this as something of a meditative act... after a fashion. Like that tea ceremony. Treat every piece with religious care. That wouldn't be odd would it?"

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”