Praying For The Best (D16, LM. Open)

Togashi Saruko

Praying For The Best (D16, LM. Open)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Taking a break from the needlework for a few moments, Saruko knelt in front of the shrine she had helped make during this journey.

How did this go again...

She clapped her hands together, three times, because three seemed to be the ritual number of things from what she remembered!

Amaterasu-no-Kami, Mother Sun, I hope you can hear my prayer... if so, I apologise first for being angry sometimes at your children. They're all wonderful and unique in their own way, and I'm just a dumb monkey-girl who are still learning much about them. But most importantly, I really hope that you can let your love for them be felt today, and let them come together again as a family. Hantei and your trapped son, I understand they have their issues and that there's a rift between them, but now more than ever, they need to be united in brotherly love.

So, uh... please watch over them, and Reiko-san who will become your new daughter-through-bonds today. If all goes well. I really hope all goes well!

Ah... uhm... thank you for listening! You're really wonderful!

Then she clapped her hands three times again. There! Hopefully that would work!

------

D16 LM Theology/Intelligence for fluff: 3d10o10k2 13
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seidou Satone

Re: Praying For The Best (D16, LM. Open)

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:03 pm

Satone walks over toward the shrine and eyes it curiously. When Saruko seems to be finished with her ritual, Satone clears her throat.

"This seems new, where did a shrine come from?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:05 pm

"It was made by members of the expedition, to offer a place of worship," she replied warmly and rose up. "A collaborative effort. Just like this mission, I'd say."

She gave the woman a nod. "How are you today, Satone?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:10 pm

"Apprehensive. A lot on my mind, between the mission this evening, what Shinsei said, and how my actions have been perceived, I am wondering why Haruyo and I did not just stay in our own little pocket of the world with her village."

She smirks

"Alas, I go where she goes, and she felt this was destiny. Best to make the most out of it. Fighting things I can do. If a god couldn't knock me out, what are some monsters from hell?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:06 am

"Sometimes we must do like the baby birds and leave the nest for the first time," she remarked kindly.

"If you feel like speaking about what's on your mind, I'm happy to listen."

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:10 am

"I'm not sure what else to say. Joining one of the Kami and being part of their new Empire is the only option now, so wherever Haruyo decides to go, that will be my fate. "

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:16 am

"And your feelings about what Shinsei said?" Saruko asked curiously, as Satone had mentioned it earlier.

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:20 am

"What he saw in me in the tent...He thinks me full of pride, as if that were a bad thing. It confuses me. He said that hell will use it against me. I don't know what to think of that."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:25 am

"Hmm... I don't know what he saw specifically, but, he has always been a man of great insight in the years I've known him. Jigoku is a place that twists the mind, body, and soul. It's not wrong in itself to take pride in one's skills or accomplishments, but Jigoku is a realm that can make pride into arrogance and perhaps even delusion." Saruko knew that all the realms in their own ways tried to assert control over outsiders.

"I think you'll be essential in defending us all today though."

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:28 am

"It has never been in my character to be arrogant, though many believe it so after my challenge to Shinjo. I fully expected her to be able to do what I asked, since everyone said she was a god, and any god I know of would be able to. I have since learned more, and that their powers are more in line with mortals now except for Hantei himself, so I certainly wouldn't offer a challenge as such ever again. If I had known beforehand, I wouldn't have done it either."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:29 am

Saruko chuckled softly. "Ah, I was unaware that Satone knew many gods." She was clearly teasing a bit.

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:31 am

She smiles, but answers seriously.

"Haruyo is the one who knows them, and has taught myself and the remaining Seidou she has led of many of them. Who knows if they are truly real, but her abilities as a priest have shown me that something is true about it all. "

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:48 am

"What did she have to say about your challenge?" she asked, curious what the wise priestess thought.

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:50 am

"She thought it appropriate, and it has set her to a stance of more wariness. She will not join any Kami if she has to ask them to join them, but instead if I understand correctly, will join if they recognize her as a great priest, leader, and teacher, and request her to be part of them"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:18 am

"Ah."

The answer surprised her a little. And she wasn't sure if the two had settled on a wise path forward with that criteria.

"And what will you do, if no one asks?"

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:23 am

"Haruyo believes we will travel the land as wanderers, teaching those who would seek her abilities out and wish to learn from her. I have certainly never met a priest before who can do half of what she can. The gods and spirits have truly blessed her"

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:25 am

Ayumu arrived near the shrine. Since Saruko and Satone seem to be having an important discussion, he will quietly sneak near the statues, trying not to bother anyone.

Seppun Dawei's finest work. A beacon of hope in the darkness of the day. And now Dawei was once again going to carry the torch into the darkness.

It was hard to say who he should pray to and for what. Their road was mapped. Their cause was right. Seems like there was nothing more to add. If the gods wish to help, they'll do. If they don't, they'll have to do without.

Maybe he was being shortsighted there. Maybe he had to see further that today's trial.

Fortunes, please make of today another step towards a kinder world.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:26 am

"Hmmm... and do you intend to... I don't know, showcase her power and skill to the Kami? In hopes that one will ask you to join them?" She was curious of how they hoped to accomplish this.

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:27 am

"I believe that is her plan. Closing the portal I think is where she thinks she can prove herself. She mentioned something to me about perhaps gaining the respect of the trapped fallen god we are rescuing. Truth be told, many of her intentions are unknown to me."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:29 am

"Ah," she nodded, "true, today's challenge will certainly speak well of everyone involved. No doubt, Hantei-Kami, Shinjo-Kami, and hopefully their brother as well, will all speak highly of us all... maybe offer a place among their ranks."

"If you feel that is the best path forward, I wish you the best in your pursuit."

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Kami's Tent”