Praying For The Best (D16, LM. Open)

Seidou Satone

Re: Praying For The Best (D16, LM. Open)

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:23 am

"If we fail, it would consume all of the world in time. Not an option."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:45 am

"Exactly."

She took a deep breath, as if keeping her composure at the thought of what was awaiting them.

"If we get out of this alive, me, you, Haruyo too... my offer still stands if you wished to meet with Togashi-Kami."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:21 am

"I will make sure to relay that to Haruyo. Both Wu and You have made kind offers. The Dragon are certainly a clan that seems interesting to me."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:25 am

"We have a belief in the paths of many that lead to the destination of enlightenment and greater harmony. But... my husband is not one to ask others to follow his clan, or his path; it is something you must commit to yourself," she explained simply. Togashi usually didn't ask most people anything, and he had certainly not asked if people wished to follow him as far as she knew.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:44 am

"I understand that. I think for any of the fallen gods to ask directly for us would be asking much, especially given how I humiliated Shinjo. I a sure she will spread that news to all her siblings. Haruyo seemed quite adamant about that point, but perhaps more conversation will see her opinion change"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:47 am

"Given that she has the chance to meet up with all her siblings who are spread out throughout the land... but she is quite swift, so it's not impossible for her. If she will or not, that's another matter," she gave an amused smile.

"But, I wouldn't say that her telling Togashi-Kami will change his mind."

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:34 am

"No? Can you tell me more about him? Lke...what made you fall for him and be married?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:46 am

"He is... wise. Kind. Patient. With many powers and talents, and I sometimes think I haven't even seen half of what he can do." IT was a question she was growing more accustomed to answer. "He is deeply thoughtful, and spends much time contemplating matters great and small... the first time I saw him, he was quietly observing the falling snow while his siblings were enjoying the feast the Seppun had arranged for the Kami and their guests."

Already then he had seemed so much more mysterious than the other Kami and it had piqued her curiosity then.

"I found myself interested in being with him, as I felt I learned more and more by spending time with him." Saruko chuckled. "It would take some time before I could admit it to myself, and to him, that I loved him... and that I wished to be his partner through life. I think he was waiting for me to come to that realisation myself without pushing me. Which is typical of him!"

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:10 pm

"I see. So you asked him then? What was the wedding like?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:23 pm

"More like I told him that I loved him, and I wished to be by his side. He smiled, in that way he does, and said something like: I was wondering how long it would take you." She huffed a little, but in good humor. It was a brief glimpse into the lives of the god and the godswife.

"My tribe, the Ayakashi, don't really have any... traditions around marriage or weddings, really. For us, it's enough that two people want to be together... usually with some celebrations later if there's a child on the way. So... for me, a wedding didn't really have to be more than that, but the Kami have a more ritualised tradition around this, from the Heavens. I understood it was important to him, and his family, so I didn't mind having a ceremony."

She looked outwards to where they would hold the rather exceptional wedding today. "It was a private affair, as neither of us wanted a big party or many folks. Only those closest to us. My father was there, some of his siblings were there too. And we exchanged vows before a shrine to Lady Sun. The wedding we're having today, will be very similar, as we're doing our best to recreate that today."

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:19 pm

"That sounds similar to our ways, though after there is typically a large gathering of the village to share stories, food, and drinks. I enjoy small things. Too many people and it makes me feel uneasy. No time to relax and enjoy, instead constantly finding all of the guests to engage in short conversation. Leads to a lot of width, but not depth, you know? I'd much rather have depth."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Saruko chuckled. She had attended some of the other Kami-weddings, and some of them had been more lavish affairs. "Each to their own. Some enjoy a big gathering more than others, and enjoy a boisterous celebration. I quite enjoy festive gatherings personally, but for that day... I don't know, it felt a bit different. More personal."

She gave a shrug. "A moment I wanted to share with the most important people in my life."
Last edited by Togashi Saruko on Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:38 pm

"I completely understand that. You are pledging to intertwine your life with that of another for all time. It should be personal. "

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:41 pm

"But what about you? Any one you wish to bind yourself to for love?" she smirked as she turned it around at Satone.

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:35 am

"Haruyo, though I have not told her. I worry by telling her it would ruin what we have, and possibly be an abuse of my position."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:50 am

"An abuse of your position?" she asked, clearly confused about what abuse that would be. "I'm afraid I don't understand, Satone..."

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:01 am

"Since we have been together since we were very small children, I have always been her protector. First I helped her navigate the world with her condition until she learned to herself, and now I protect her. I guess it would be somewhat like a teacher loving their student? It is very complicated, hard to determine if my feelings are appropriate, or if I am overstepping boundaries."

She sighs.

"Even more, how do I know the feelings are true and not just the closeness we share being a normal bond people share instead of love."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am

"Well, that depends on what you consider love to be. What is love in your opinion? True romantic love, that is."

She waited with interest for Satone's answer.

Theme 2Profile

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:29 am

"A person who you want to be the first thing you see and the last you see upon waking and going to bed. A person who you would do anything for to protect. A person who lights a fire in your heart, mind, and soul. A person who you would give anything to make happy. A person who worry about constantly. A person who you want to grow old with. A person you miss when they are away..."

Return to “The Kami's Tent”