Breakfast of the Champions (D16, EM)

Hantei Kinsen

Breakfast of the Champions (D16, EM)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:56 pm

Her nefarious nightmares did not cede these last days. So, Kinsen arranged to sleep earlier than usual the other evening with plans to wake up early. After all, there was no time to waste. The danger involving her husband's mission to go deep gave no chance for mistakes. Kinsen makes sure the Stag would be proud of their honorable traditions, and of their founder's unwavering commitment to grow the Clan.

Kinsen raises up from their intimacy, gets dressed with a robe, and gathers whatever was left of the food ad drinks of previous days to prepare a potent and rather meaty prep up meal for Hantei ––– and whomever would join them this morning at the common are of the Kami's Tent.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Re: Breakfast of the Champions (D16, EM)

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:05 pm

Dawei, coming off of watch, finds himself drawn to the smells of cooking. Entering to check on things--he can hardly be faulted for seeing to his lord's safety, can he?--he sees Kinsen at work and bows.

"Smells good," he says.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:46 pm

"Oh!" Kinsen smiles at the arrival, inviting him with a bow, "Good morning, Dawei-sensei. Please, get some warm tea while I prepare the rest."

She lifts herself and gets a bowl in hand to start mixing the tea for him.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:54 pm

"That'll be lovely, thank you," Dawei replies as he settles himself comfortably.

I can hope I will be enough today, he thinks.

"Is our lord awake?"
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:58 pm

"I tried to get him to rest a bit. But he's always up and bright." Kinsen chuckles happily, pouring the tea over and offering it to Dawei with both hands.

"He should be preparing for the day. Not sure if he wants to fast."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:01 pm

"Thank you" comes the reply as Dawei accepts the tea. After a drink, he says "I've known many who did not eat before exertions. For me, a light meal has been helpful more often than not; too much slows body and mind, but none does, as well."

He takes another pull of tea. "Time enough not to eat when there's nothing to eat."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:04 pm

"An empty sack won't stand still." She says, then gets pensive, adding, "I believe it was Shinsei-sensei that said that the other day. It could have been the Seppun quartermaster back at Otosan Uchi, though, Can't recall."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:13 pm

"The Little Teacher has been saying quite a bit. One wonders what he said to your Crane counterpart to provoke such a reaction as he did."

He takes another pull of tea.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:31 pm

Kinsen gets get to the firem kneeling down and shaking her head to comment, "I don't understand why people are calling him Little Teacher. He's as buff as a bull."

Looking up to the skies, the smiles flat, as if acting apologetically, and gets her eyes back to the pot. "Crane counterpart... You mean Nanzi-sama –– what about it?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:36 pm

"It's to avoid the tongue-twister, at least on my part. But as to Nanzi--the reaction seemed rancorous, and put me in mind of others I have seen who grew angry to mask fear."

He sips at the tea.

"I am certain that is not what the cause was, but it was reminiscent of it."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:13 pm

Kinsen tilts her head. "Why would Nanzi-sama be angry like that?"

She shrugs. "Forgive me, Dawei-sensei. I am unaware of why he would be displeased with Shinsei-sensei."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:14 pm

"Nor yet I."

He drinks of his tea again.

"It is of little moment, though. Much is against what must come today."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:14 am

"You're right." She gets some of the grains and vegetables she just prepared into a bowl and serves Dawei. "I have to talk with Reiko-sama, as well. She might be carrying a dangerous grudge that might need to be set aside for all of us to succeed. I hope that she listens."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:23 am

Dawei takes the bowl with a murmur of thanks.

"Listening has been in short supply on this expedition, or shorter than might be hoped."

After a bite taken, chewed, and swallowed, he adds "Although there has also been a great deal of unity of purpose, which is more helpful."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:30 am

"Actions more than words." Kinsen takes a bowl for herself, since no one came, and kneels besides Dawei to eat. Before she gives a short prayer, she frowns pensive once more. "Was this Shinsei-sensei, or Akodo-kami-sama. Damn this land, I can't recall things no more."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:31 am

"Could be both. Could've been Akagi, too.

"Wise people sound the same; every fool sounds a different note."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:35 am

"Who?" Kinsen asks mockingly and giggles a bit more, poking Dawei at his shoulder gently.

"I like having you around Dawei-sensei. If I weren't married, I would definitely be swooned by your devotion and charming attitude. But then, my heart would be broken. I don't think I am your type, right?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:39 am

"No, Lady Hantei, you are not. And not because of any fault in you. I simply prefer to have a man beside me in bed, which I think you can understand well."

He eats more. And he is not blushing, oddly, the comment about his preference being offered plainly.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:43 am

She wrinkles her nose, proud of his attitude. "Well. We think alike."

Looking up, she corrects herself, being incapable of lying. "Well... most of the times."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:51 am

"We come from different places. Of course we disagree on some points."

Another bite.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Return to “The Kami's Tent”