Choosing the Rescue Team [LM, D15]

Shinsei

Re: Choosing the Rescue Team [LM, D15]

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:23 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:19 am
Satone gets in the line as well, keeping a determined look on her face.
A hammer strikes a rock, and the hammer bends. Lightning strikes the rock, but does not scorch. Blow after blow falls against the stone, but it endures it all, and begins to grow. And grow. And grow... until it has crushed everything around it.

"Satone. You are strong, and capable of great things, but Jigoku knows the pride you take in this strength. I fear it would twist that pride until your gifts were used to tear apart the things you might otherwise protect."
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:31 am

She nods and walks away, defeat on her face.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:31 am

Shinsei wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:44 am
Ko wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:17 am

Ko steps forward with a wordless salute Shore People style, palm to heart and head held high.
Water, flowing strongly. Rushing, surging, shifting. Ripples dance upon the surface, only to go still, reflecting the light of a full moon. The stillness deepens, as does the darkness...

Shinsei frowned, and shook his head. "Your destiny is not in this place, which can so easily turn the slightest flaw to madness."
Ko frowned back, more pensive than anything. "If you say so, shaman. All humans have flaws. But let nobody say I didn't dare to go." At that her stare became fiercer, sweeping the assembled people and particularly the Kami.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:40 am

"I didn't get dressed up for nothing. Let me know, Little Teacher, if my place is with the assault, or defending the spirit-talkers."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:45 am

Reo wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:30 am
Reo steps up to Shinsei, mostly out of curiosity, but looks back to Reiko.

"I would be happy to join you wise man, if you'll take me, but I believe Madam Reiko has first claim on me."
Knowledge, so much knowledge... within the mouth of hell is the sum total of all knowledge about the realm...

Shinsei stepped back quickly and shook is head. "I do not think it would be wise for you to be too close to the wound..."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:50 am

Shinsei wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:57 am
Thunder rumbles from within a raging storm, and lightning strikes down against a massive mountain, tearing up gouges of earth and stone. And yet the mountain is unmoved, unshakeable. The storm is nothing to it.

"Yamadono. Your strength and devotion to protection of family, to those who need you as their unwavering shield, makes you ideal for this journey. Your fellows will need you to stand against the strength of Jigoku."
Yamadono didn't say anything after the judgement. Merely a somber bow, before stepping back. Returning to Ryoko's side.

Without any shame or concern of anyone else seeing, he reached for her hand.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:52 am

Hantei was there of course and watched each person step forward he made little fan fare of his appearance but his presence was undoubtedly felt. He frowned as Kinsen volunteered to go into the pit but stayed his tongue until Shinsei had selected the dive team.
Kami | Paragon of Honor | Leadership | Virtuous | Irreproachable

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Played by GM Tyrus

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:52 am

Ch’chit T’kkiri wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:34 am
Black Moonset stepped forward and said nothing more than "I go."
A chain, blood, anger, fear... the chain breaks, but the heart seeks no revenge. Instead it leads, free of bondage, and finds friends among those whose people once enslaved...

"How fitting," he says. "Purity of heart in one who cannot be tainted. You will be the shining example for the souls of those who travel with you."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 am

Noriaki no Yamadono wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:50 am
Yamadono didn't say anything after the judgement. Merely a somber bow, before stepping back. Returning to Ryoko's side.

Ryoko flushed a little, but didn't stop her song, pausing long enough to squeeze his hand, and direct it to her shoulder, so that she could finish the song. It was her way, and until her tribe was no more, she would do as her people would expect.

The bow slipped across the strings, drawing gentle, mellow tones, deep and determined... the spirit of the company. Ready to commit to the task, no matter the cost.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Reo

Post by Reo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:01 am

Reo lets out a small annoyed hiss and looks down at his leg.

"I thought as much." He heads back over to Reiko. "I'm there for whatever part you need me for." His eyes drift back over to where Ninube waits for an answer.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:05 am

Ch’chit merely repeated what he said, “I go.”
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:14 am

Noriaki no Yamadono wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:50 am

From where she stood with Matsu, Phi's eyes turned towards Yamadono. Somehow, she had known he would be one of the ones who went. When she saw him take Ryoko's hand like that, her eyebrow raising for just a second and then a little smile showing. She could approve of that, though it was one more reason she wanted him to crawl out of that mangy pit they were going into.

Her finger tightened on Matsu's shoulder and she waited quietly for his words to her.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:33 am

Hantei wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:52 am
Hantei was there of course and watched each person step forward he made little fan fare of his appearance but his presence was undoubtedly felt. He frowned as Kinsen volunteered to go into the pit but stayed his tongue until Shinsei had selected the dive team.
Kinsen notices Hantei frown and looks to his eyes. She's serene, knowing he understands she would dutifully follow honor to the letter to make their family proud of her actions.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:20 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:41 am
"I will go down. Dear husband should be present at his brother's wedding." Kinsen says, taking the opportunity.
Eventually Shinsei makes his way to Kinsen. He tried to keep any emotion from his face, as he knew how Hantei would feel about this, but needed to remain neutral.

Shinsei looked into Kinsen's eyes...

And blinked. Stared. Then blinked again. Ultimately he left without speaking, and a mild shake of his head.

Merciful kami was she really that limber?

[Note: Kinsen definitely saw some things in return]

Run by GM Bakuriel

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:37 am

Inga sighed. "People here have other people to care for. I have none..." the girl whispered. Why papa? Why should I keep up with this? It is your will.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:25 am

Shinsei wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:20 am
[Note: Kinsen definitely saw some things in return]
Of all the places such visions could happen, in front of the entrance to Hell was indeed prophetic. The memories were explicit enough, yet heavily confusing. Kinsen closes her eyes and presses the bridge of her nose with all her willpower to revert the redness coming down her face, just in time.

Unaware of what Shinsei would have glimpsed from her, the tall blonde rests her eyes at her husband. She's ready to obey her beloved's command.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:42 am

Hantei places his hand on her shoulder and gives her a comforting smile, his hand falls down to the generous curve of her hip and rests there for now.

"I will be accompanying the team sent into Jigoku. I will do everything in my power to rescue my brother from his bonds." Hantei said to those assembled, his voice was not loud but it was resolute and full of passion, his eyes so normally serene were full of fire this night.
Kami | Paragon of Honor | Leadership | Virtuous | Irreproachable

Played by GM Tyrus

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:58 am

Shinjo looked over to him, concealing a look of worry poorly. "Hantei... I should go."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am

It was not his place to speak but that didn't mean it would stop him, not from saying the obvious.

"Neither of you should go. Yes, your help would be immeasurable but there are too many risks. If even one single part of this stumbles and fails you would be as lost as your brother. If the worst happens we have a nearly impossible war against one fallen god... we would not survive against three."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:12 am

"Beyond that, so much of this tissss plan depends on the rituals." Hanzou added. "I have faith in our chitch defenders, but if they are overwhelmed, we all may be lost."
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Return to “The Kami's Tent”