Choosing the Rescue Team [LM, D15]

Shinsei

Re: Choosing the Rescue Team [LM, D15]

Post by Shinsei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:24 am

Miyako wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 am
Miyako stepped forward after hearing all of this and finding her place in line. "Judge as you might..." she said to the Little Teacher when it is her turn, and she stood there and awaited, curious to know what he might say about her. She could not recall their meeting but perhaps in passing over the course of this whole trip, but she had heard much about his wisdom and insight.
Hunting. Sneaking. Blood, but not of game. An ancestral line with heavy expectations. Falling stars, a massive wave, anger and frustration...

He frowned. "I fear there is much Jigoku might use against you and your fellows if you dared the pit."
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:32 am

Jin wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 am
"I know where my place shall be... but I had been pondering such an art as which you speak so I hope you will begrudge me a moment to see what it looks like from the other side once you are done with the rest."

Jin awaits his eventual turn under Shinsei's gaze.
"If you wish to see the technique, I shall oblige."

Shinsei locks gazes with Jin. At first nothing seems to idleness, but then there's a moment where time seems to fall away, and...

Sacrifice. Dutiful sacrifice. Blood paid for blood saved. Heartache, loss, loneliness... renewed purposed, touched by doubt...

"Likely your chosen goal is best, but I do hope this has assisted you in your interests."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:33 am

Jin nods, "Thank you."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:46 am

Wu wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:30 am
Wu notes a few final things concerning hubris before silently getting up in line.

I am not as strong as others here but I will not shy away from what must be done
Strength of purpose mixed with doubt. Willingness in intent, but a slight waver of conviction. The smallest crack with which take root...

Shinsei shook his head. "I am afraid not, Wu. This will not be your time. Not yet, at least."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:01 am

Inga wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:31 am
Inga shrugged. "I am ready to die... so I will go where I am most needed." She shrugged again. "My life is yours... for what it is worth." Maybe she is brave, maybe she is just stupid, who knows.
Visions of the future, Inga within the depths of the pit, walking, searching... then something happens. Shinsei cannot see the shape of the misfortune, but he can feel it hovering close about her shoulders...

"I do not doubt your conviction, but there is something following you which would not overlook the opportunity to do you harm in that place."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:05 am

Ongaku no Ryoko wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 am
Ryoko did not cease her music, allowing the gentle sound of her instrument to underline all the events taking place, artful pauses permitting the quiet of voice to speak, yet their words were woven into the tapestry of her song. At last the demand was given for those present to step forward...

She moved to the line, but her art did not stop - those in charge of this expedition could decide for themselves how best to make use of her, for now, she continued to play the song of clear speaking, the ritual undercurrent of oath-making and business arrangements for her tribe. Her role was to support those important enough to make the decisions, to underscore their words, not distract from them.
Doubt. Fear. A roil of emotions, mixed with a budding strength, sheltered and nurtured in the shadow of a great mountain. A delicate blossom not quite ready for full bloom...

He smiled, but shook his head. "You have strength, but it is new and untested. I would not have you test it against a force so great that it might consume you utterly."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:14 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:40 am
"I didn't get dressed up for nothing. Let me know, Little Teacher, if my place is with the assault, or defending the spirit-talkers."
The swing of an axe. Against all odds, it hits its target. A splash of blood. Sora holds his hands up to inspect them, but instead of read, they are covered in paper, an unfurled scroll. Knowledge, study, dutiful effort. The presence of something over his shoulder, guiding him to know and search for more to know...

"Jiyo Sora. Within your mind is a sturdy foundation of knowledge and a desire for the truth. You will be the vision that sees past the lies Jigoku sends before you."

[The group has been selected. Shinsei may still give visions if you wish for them once the Underbirb's eyes to back to pointing in the same direction again]

Run by GM Bakuriel

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:24 am

Shinsei wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:05 am
Kanna wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:58 am
Kanna stepped forward. "I'll go, if I'm seen as worthy enough."
Beneath a full moon, a howling obsession for protecting another. A virtuous ideal, twisted into an unpleasant extreme...

"I believe you are best served attending to the defense of Reiko, as you have done so admirably up to this point already."
"Pure? Mah guidwife haes brought us a' 'ere whaur a'd ower we weren't. Howfur kin ah mak' sure that this is finally ower wi'oot haeing mah haun in it?" He folded his arms in grumpy defiance. He had had a 'fook ye' ready for Shinsei for the rejection of his aid, but changed his mind hearing the reasoning. All he wanted was Shinjo leaving the obsession about her fallen brother behind, and was willing to go to hell and back to ensure it.
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:48 am

Kinsen looks at Koyama waiting for the cursing to begin, and is –– again –– surprised today, when he contains his usual rebellious attitude. Not knowing entirely why, she simply gives him a reassuring nod.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:59 am

Phi simply nodded when the four were selected. At this point, she didn't need to ask him to look into her eyes. It was a thing that she knew. She was ruled by fear. She had come to this expedition because she feared that her people would cease to exist and that she would cease to have meaning. She had fled to the Hikaru as a child, terrified of the horrors that had destroyed her village and the very thing that had savedher life. In coming to this place, she was plagued by nightmares of the things that haunted her dreams, and she was as certain now as she had been the day she fled her burning village that the darkness followed her still, for she had seen it, and it had seen her, and the bone-chilling terror of it burned at her very soul, threatening to take on a life of its own.

Nobody so ruled by fear, no matter how they could master it normally, had any business walking into the very pit of fear itself. She would fail them below. Her place was above, somewhere, preferably at his side. For now, though, she was... not content, but accepting. The selections seemed... good ones.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:05 am

Dawei nods firmly once the selections are finalized.

That's that, then, he thinks.

I wonder if there's anything else that needs saying here.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Inga

Post by Inga » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:19 am

Shinsei wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:01 am
Inga wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:31 am
Inga shrugged. "I am ready to die... so I will go where I am most needed." She shrugged again. "My life is yours... for what it is worth." Maybe she is brave, maybe she is just stupid, who knows.
Visions of the future, Inga within the depths of the pit, walking, searching... then something happens. Shinsei cannot see the shape of the misfortune, but he can feel it hovering close about her shoulders...

"I do not doubt your conviction, but there is something following you which would not overlook the opportunity to do you harm in that place."
"There is no harm when one is dead. My life is nothing, my suffering is nothing compared to what would be achieved." Inga shook her head.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:20 am

Ryoko just accepted the statement of her readiness, and then finished her song, now that the choices were made and the deciding complete.

Resting the instrument against the seat, setting the bow against it, she rose, dusting herself off and glancing at those gathered, pondering if those present would follow or oppose the choices made here.

Even standing, she was dwarfed by Yamadono's height, but she reached to her shoulder, giving the hand a small squeeze, and then began gathering her things, assuming there was nothing else for her to do here.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 am

"I have faith in Shinsei's wisdom in this choice," Saruko at least spoke calmly in support of the wise man. It was right that the choice was made by someone with a calm mind who could manage to detach himself from the many feelings of the situation.

She supported Reiko dearly, but she also worried that the young woman let emotions cloud her judgement too much...
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:32 am

A thought occurred to her, and she reached into her clothes. she wasn't hoarding, but she had a third piece. She reached in and brought it out, offering it to one of the four. "I have two others, and if I have been gauging the pace of it, the jade will hold as long as we are here. If one of you has need of more... I trust the shamans, but you will need it more than me. I know another offered, and good. But you need to go fully prepared, where you are going."

(OOC: This is an offer to Yamadono, Sora, Dawei or Ch'Chit - She has a spare piece of Jade. Private Message me if one of you claims it. She 'may' have been holding this specifically for this event.)
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:38 am

Dawei nods to her.

"Thank you. I am certain it will help--but I hope I will be able to return it to you, after."

(PM sent.)
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:40 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:38 am
Dawei nods to her.

"Thank you. I am certain it will help--but I hope I will be able to return it to you, after."

(PM sent.)
"It's a pretty rock to me, whatever its properties are. What I want is for the four of you to succeed and crawl out of that damned pit alive with him," she said, nodding firmly as she handed over the jade.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:38 am

Sora nodded. Then looked to Dawei, T'kkiri, and Yamadono.

"I gotta say... I'm glad it's you guys."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:44 am

Dawei nods in reply.

"Wonder how much company we'll have."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:25 am

Jin approaches the chosen and hands Sora a finger of jade, "If you fail I suppose I won't be needing this. So don't fail." He offers a grim smile, "Coat your weapons well - they will likely be useless without it."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Return to “The Kami's Tent”