Choosing the Rescue Team [LM, D15]

Seppun Dawei

Re: Choosing the Rescue Team [LM, D15]

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:27 am

"Is there a particular method to the application?"
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:27 am

"Thank you, Jin."

He smiled, then added it to his stash.

"I already had a spare, but now I can dust up my sword too. And hey- we all make it out of this? You're gonna have to come drinking with Koyama, Phi, and myself. We'll show you how the Hikaru throw a party."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 am

Seppun Dawei wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:27 am
"Is there a particular method to the application?"
"Grind it to powder, about as much as this forsaken place claims from it in a day, and mix with oil or something else of a sticky nature. It will rub off with successful strikes so if there are breaks between combat be sure to reapply while you can."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:27 am
"Thank you, Jin."

He smiled, then added it to his stash.

"I already had a spare, but now I can dust up my sword too. And hey- we all make it out of this? You're gonna have to come drinking with Koyama, Phi, and myself. We'll show you how the Hikaru throw a party."
"Well if I survive this I suppose I'll have proven tough enough to survive the celebration as well... probably."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:31 am

Jin wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 am
"Grind it to powder, about as much as this forsaken place claims from it in a day, and mix with oil or something else of a sticky nature. It will rub off with successful strikes so if there are breaks between combat be sure to reapply while you can."
Dawei nods.

"Thank you for the instructions. I shall see to them."
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:32 am

Jin wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 am
"Well if I survive this I suppose I'll have proven tough enough to survive the celebration as well... probably."
"We'll go easy on you. Promise. Only one naked plunge into a frozen lake."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:34 am

Jin chuckles, "Well that part's not so worrying. Some of us bathed regularly regardless of season."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:38 am

"It does tend to help with hunting not to smell much."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 am

“You all smell. Bath or no.” Ch’chit said gruffly from the side.
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:46 am

"As Black Moonset said... we're all pretty ripe regardless."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:47 am

Seeing the others quick to offer their jade, she hoped the group would be supplied enough. The defenders would also need their jade, for weapons and protection.

No points in this plan could be allowed to fail.

"It seems the future is taking shape..."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 am

Shinsei wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:46 am

Strength of purpose mixed with doubt. Willingness in intent, but a slight waver of conviction. The smallest crack with which take root...

Shinsei shook his head. "I am afraid not, Wu. This will not be your time. Not yet, at least."

Wu gives a silent nod and returns to his note

My place is not here either, I should have expected that by now
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:26 am

Kyosei had seen something when he looked into the eyes of Shinsei. "When this has been completed, as we leave, I would like a word with you. I think, it might be needed. Not now, but then."

As the discussion turns to jade, Kyosei drifts over. "I have some, already dusted, if wished. The amount is probably about equal to 7 days worth of use." He pulls out a small pouch, and inside is dusted jade.

"As dangerous as it might be, if any others don't have at least two full pieces, I can provide another as well."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 am

Ninube quietly backed away after not being picked. Seeing as how most of her Clan had left, she joined Matsu and Phi. Damn. The girl has gone through a lot in a few days. Ninube hoped she would be alright, but she had no idea how to comfort her in such situations.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:42 am

Shinsei wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:24 am
Miyako wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 am
Miyako stepped forward after hearing all of this and finding her place in line. "Judge as you might..." she said to the Little Teacher when it is her turn, and she stood there and awaited, curious to know what he might say about her. She could not recall their meeting but perhaps in passing over the course of this whole trip, but she had heard much about his wisdom and insight.
Hunting. Sneaking. Blood, but not of game. An ancestral line with heavy expectations. Falling stars, a massive wave, anger and frustration...

He frowned. "I fear there is much Jigoku might use against you and your fellows if you dared the pit."
The tribeswoman slowly nodded her head after considering his words for a couple moments. "Then that is not my destiny, which means that I am meant for something else, my True Destiny yet to be revealed. I thank you, Little Teacher, for showing me." She stepped back to give the next on in line their turn to be read, and as she stood there she appeared content.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:59 pm

Shinjo sighed. "Either way, we will need many others besides those descending. We will need as many shugenja as we can get to cast the spell to create the shield and maintain concentration for the duration. Then we will need small teams of bushi to create two defensive circles around the shugenja. The outer circle will likely take the brunt of any attacks, with the inner circle being an emergency team standing guard in case enemies break through the outer circle. I will be standing guard with the inner circle. We will also need people guarding the camp to make sure we can return home when all this is done."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:43 pm

"Much relies on all parts of the plan to succeed. And everyone will be remembered for taking part."

Saruko nodded confidently. "I have faith that I will be where I'll be most needed."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:16 am

Entering the tent wearing her armor and carrying a tetsubo, Umeno gave a bow before grunting quietly. "Was told t' take a break from guard duty for some line. Shinsei?"

She got in line for the little teacher, not even certain why she was there.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:22 am

Nadare flipped forward into a handstand as he waited for Shinsei to get around to looking at him with his "special power".
Togashi Saruko wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:43 pm
"Much relies on all parts of the plan to succeed. And everyone will be remembered for taking part."

Saruko nodded confidently. "I have faith that I will be where I'll be most needed."
"We are all... where we needed... to be..." He winked at her from his inverted position.
Dragon ClanEarthTattooed • Herbalist • Sane • Enlightened
Samurai Without Borders (Co-founder)
Tattoos: Lion (Chest); Balance (Back)
Equipment: Yumi, knife, sturdy clothing, travel pack.

Return to “The Kami's Tent”