[LE 13] - Violating the Prime Directive (Sort of Sneaky)

Nozomi

[LE 13] - Violating the Prime Directive (Sort of Sneaky)

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:02 am

Eagerness was the enemy of stealth. But she wanted to be circumspect. She didn't want to just come, bold as brass and bang on the little teacher's tent at this hour, seeking to talk to him. However, sulfurous rains tearing into flesh and tree, diseased foliage, nezumi sentries and the awful dreams she'd been suffering the last days. She knew what they were on the cusp of. She knew where they were. She knew they might never leave this place, and there were things...

Things she needed to say.

The woman reached up, taking the tent flap in hand and slipping in without knocking this time, looking to see if the Teacher was recovering in his tent.

(Soooort of closed, but she botched the stealth roll to be circumspect something fierce, so. Just saying.)
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinsei

Re: [LE 13] - Violating the Prime Directive (Sort of Sneaky)

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:36 am

Shinsei was, in fact, recovering in his tent, currently meditating as he prepared for sleep. In a general sense this meant that he was shirtless, and wearing only light garments about his waste.

Initially he didn't seem to notice that Phi had arrived, but after a moment his lips curled into a smile.

"Interesting time of day to be seeking answers, is it not?"

He opened his eyes, and his smiling grew, even despite the obvious discomfort from the many bandages still wrapped around him in places.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:59 am

"That depends extensively on the question being asked, doesn't it?" she said, he hands slowly going back to the ties of the tent. She was not in the mood for someone to barge in with some question about philosophy right now. When she started to settle herself into a cushion next to him, she glancd back and chuckled very softly.

"I noticed someone found your rock," she murmured to herself. "Just how long have you been carrying that around?" She was using small talk to help ease herself into comfort right now. It had been a long hard several days, after all, and he looked only partially recovered, not to mention just a little underdressed.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:13 am

Shinsei did not fail to notice Phi's general discomfort, or her state of dress, though he refrained from commenting on either. "I forget precisely when I started carrying the rock around, but I'm glad Ryoko brought it along for me. That was quite nice of her."

Relaxing visibly at Phi's presence, Shinsei gave her a wry smirk. "I would have had quite the time going back to fetch it after we're finished here."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:25 am

"Oh did she now? I'll have to thank her as well. I do not need to go hunting for you again, after all, do I? I went to all that trouble to find you after all." She started to slip in closer, and it would be a little more obvious that, while she was as dressed as she ever was, a few of the ties were looser. Small things. Her hair was unbound, for one, and the bindings were off of her hands.

"There was ... something I needed to mention, before I talk about more pleasant things." She leaned in close and whispered to him as she did, the nerves returning. A quiver in her lips like hadn't seen in almost a week. "I... felt something when we returned. heard it... no... that's not right. Just. Something was not right. It felt... familiar, angry."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:43 am

"I'm in no particular rush to leave without very particular company by my side." Shinsei's eyes danced for a moment, but couldn't hide the concern he felt as Phi brought up darker subjects. "I see."

He pursed his lips, then pressed them against hers, just for a moment. Enough to hopefully calm her thoughts the barest bit they needed to process what was going on. "Familiar in what way?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:48 am

"In ways that we have agreed not to speak of, lest it notice us looking," she aid, looking at him very carefully, figuring he would catch the meaning. Her eyes narrowed and she pursed her lips. "I heard something, in the midst of all the talking. Felt it... an errant chord, something off. And when I focused, it felt... it felt like by looking, it became aware that I was aware... for just one split second. It was angry. I do not know what it was. But it ... was angry. It is here."

She swallowed. "Be wary, but ... don't let on that you are aware. It felt like it noticed. I don't know. I wish I could say." She didn't want to look again. She'd felt something, and it made her shudder, but she felt the need to know, to be prepared, to protect. "I know too little to look for this thing I have sought so long. But I am afraid I am dragging you down with me."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:00 am

Shinsei took both of Phi's hands in his own and looked into her eyes. "You have only every brought me up." Phrasing. "Do not let yourself be ruled by these feelings, Phi. We've seen all too clearly the dangers such a thing can bring about." Though not directly aware of the Sins that called the attentions of the thing to which she referred, he still felt inclined to resist falling prey to them.

"I will be cautious, but I will not allow it to consume me. That would be a victory unto my enemy, such as it is, and I wish to prevent you from falling to the same. How can I help?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:09 am

She breathed in and out, laughing softly and closing her eyes. "You already have, Shinsei. When I felt it look at me, I turned inward. To that thing inside myself. The thing you were trying to get me to shut my thoughts off so that I could feel it when I meditated. For just a second. I felt it. The feeling of awareness, it faded. I meditated afterwards, and it helped." She reached for those calloused drawing them up and pressing her lips to the knuckles, to the gnarled, damaged, hardened feel of them. "But I think it was a closer thing... than I want to admit. So I need to keep practicing. I don't think whatever it is, it was a thing that forgets. I certainly can't. So I need to keep practicing. Get better at it. It will help. I know it will."

Was it because she knew something? Or was it because that trick he'd taught her had done it, and that was what mattered in her mind? It didn't really matter as far as she was concerned. "I think I have decided, though. Whatever it is," she said, her eye closed. "I do not think it is our friend."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:16 am

"Seems we have precious few of those I'm comparison to enemies some days." Shinsei sighed a deep, very tired sigh. "It makes the presence of... certain people, a valued treasure." Silence followed, to emphasize the meaning of those words. "If we face another enemy, I would do so together, Phi. Even as I am, I am but one, and can only do so much on my own."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:27 am

"Little Teacher," she said, her voice changing in tone a small amount of time later, taking on a lower, gravelly tone. "You are absolutely stuck with me at this point. I'm afraid you're not going to get rid of me as I did little Matsu the other day, though I was glad to return to her. Just so you know, though... she wants me to tutor her some, so if you visit Spider lands in your journeys, I'd appreciate that."

Her hands went to his shoulders and she drew herself in closer, putting her forehead against his once more. Her eyes were lidded, closed and her voice husky. She was a roiling ball of emotion, and had been like that for days now, a live wire. It had been getting worse than usual and she could feel an itch that yearned to be scratched. She got that way, once in a while, and usually she just kind of ... dealt with it. But here, where they were, it was getting all tangled up in other feelings, in worries, concerns. But they were starting to bleed away a little.

"I don't want to talk about that anymore though. It's not here, and nothing else is. I can smell it in the air. In that filthy rain this afternoon. We're close, and I don't feel safe asking you when the jade starts turning." Her fingers clenched. "So, I'm asking you now."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Shinsei closed his eyes for a time, focusing his thoughts on the moment, the faint tension in the air, the way the world seemed to drift gently beneath him. Meditation. It was so easy to slip into that state of mind for him, falling away from everything around him, into the awareness of all creation around him.

Then his mind changed, ever so slightly, and his awareness tightened focus. Phi. The gentle puffs of her breath in the air, the soft, subtle tension of her body as she leaned against him. Now the faint tapping of her pulse beneath her lips, where they met his. It was a different sort of meditation, an appreciation not of all things, but of all parts of a singular thing. When he finally leaned back to look into her eyes, Shinsei held the more joy and contentment than he'd known in a long time, and his lips held the most genuine of smiles.

"You have asked, so I shall answer. Do not worry, Little Ghost..."

"I know things."

/ftb

Run by GM Bakuriel

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”