The Butt Rock (LA, D13)

Ongaku no Ryoko

The Butt Rock (LA, D13)

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:53 pm

Ryoko, face turning a little purple from exertion, and the hunched form of her drummer, Tago the ogre, came into view around one of the supply carts, with the damn rock in hand.

Why on earth they had felt compelled to bring it, even they didn't know, yet here it was.

A big flat rock.

Bringing it over to the tent, the set it down, Ryoko gasping with relief, Tago just grunting and then stomping away grumpily.

Ryoko watched him go with a rueful expression. She'd need to get him something nice for dinner to pay him back.

Still... it was here. Where it belong. Somehow it felt right... though she wondered why.

Settling onto the stone, she sighed, catching her breath.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Shinsei

Re: The Butt Rock (LA, D13)

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:16 pm

The bustle of returning the rock wa quite hard to miss, and Shinsei eventually poked his head from within his tent to see what the fuss was about. When he saw Ryoko, and the rock, he was quite pleased.

"Ah, thank you. I would have spent quite some time looking for that if you hadn't been so kind as to bring it for me. I am in your debt."
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:25 pm

"That's a lot of effort for a large stone. Is it supposed to be what is used to cap the hole?" Kyosei was sitting nearby, carving at a large jade stone. He seemed determined to be near Shinsei's tent at this time. Perhaps coincidence. Perhaps on watch.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:18 pm

Ryoko glanced between the men, first laughing at Shinsei's comment, not entirely sure if he was joking, and then glancing at the Isawa. "I don't know about that, but it does make a good seat."

With a shrug, she leaned back on the stone, giving it a pat, and then added, "Is a bit heavy though. I had to borrow space on one of the wagons for it."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 pm

"The effort is highly appreciated, Ryoko. And no, I would rather nobody throw my rock into Jigoku." Shinsei stepped out of his tent, then looked briefly up to the sky. "I am not certain we wish to remain outside and exposed for much longer, the skies look unpleasant."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:58 am

"Unpleasant. Yes."

She frowned. "It's just rain though. No harm in it."

The first fat drops were beginning to fall, and to her surprise, it was not, in fact, just rain.

"Ow. Ow!"

Glancing around in surprise, she looked for somewhere to take cover... the rock was obviously not an option.

Well... Shinsei had a tent.

Ryoko ran to it, demanding, "Let me in! It hurts!"

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:59 am

Shinsei had already opened up the tent flap and stood aside to allow for easy access.

Run by GM Bakuriel

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:06 am

Ducking inside, she crowded toward the back, not sure if Kyosei planned to join them.

Wincing, she added, "What's wrong with this place! Monsters, fire rain, poisonous plants, and bad dreams... it's wretched!"

With a humph she sat, cross-legged, and glanced around the tent, never having seen the home of a supposed wise-man before, not even a mobile one like this.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:55 am

Kyosei had been right at her heels, and squatted down immediately. "Well, that's not something I expected to have to worry about. The damage from the rain - interesting. I thought the hole was just warping the land, but this seems much more extreme."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:00 am

"Farther out, yes, only the land." Shinsei closed the flap of his tent and secured it. "Further inward, closer to the wound from which the corruption seeps out, everything will be stronger. Even the land itself may eventually turn against us."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:05 am

Kyosei thought a moment. "I don't know of any, but are there any spells that might lock the land in place? Something to make it more likely we succeed?"

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:44 am

"Such is not my direct area of expertise but purifying the ground itself should be possible, at least temporarily."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:13 am

Ryoko grumbled under her breath. "Magic... rain... spirit realms... all of it should stay out away, leave us in peace."

Rubbing at the red marks on her arms where the rain had landed, she scowled.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:01 pm

"I have found, if you don't pay attention to the world, which is always changing, you will find yourself left behind." Kyosei asides to the horned girl, then turns his attention to Shinsei.

"Are you also a spirit-speaker, hooded one?"

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”