[D11 EA] Don't Slurp

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D11 EA] Don't Slurp

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:04 pm

Kinsen nods and offers the tray with both hands to Saruko. Her eyes, though, focus at Taochusu as her eyebrows raise inquisitively upwards.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:45 am

Accepting the tray, Saruko begin to meticulously clean her hands to make sure there were no remains of the concoction on her skin, in case it would hurt the skin or leave marks.

"So, uh, why are you painting your nails with jade? It will deterioate over time..."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:31 am

"Coating your nail will protect it from cracks and scratches. It is also a form of ritual the huntresses of the tribe I am originally from did. So, painting it with jade should make me protected and fierce enough to fight the evil we are facing."

Kinsen makes a claws with her hands playfully while smiling. Only one finger painted so far.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:22 am

"Ah... we just treated our nails and hands with balms made from oils and plants in my tribe. Some choose to dye their nails, using flowers."

She wondered if her tribe had preferred that aesthetic as it seemed more like the animals they cared about so much.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 pm

"That's interesting." Kinsen mentions, painting the other nails in green. "I often paint them in red. Although I like black, too. Only use it when there's an important event. And gold. But that's only when Dear Husband needs me to take up his place when he's traveling."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:58 pm

"No nail colors for me. I'm not a fan of wearing colorful things," he says. "Makes me feel exposed."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:11 am

"Must take a lot of time to paint them so often." And she figured that the more the hands saw use, the quicker the color would chip or flake.

"Would you like to clean your hands then, Taochusu?" Not wanting to feel exposed she could understand.

Theme 2Profile

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:17 am

"I did before I came over."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:09 am

Kinsen pouts at Taochusu, and teases. "It would look lovely in you Taochusu-san. No fun."

Looking back at Saruko, she grins. "I paint them almost every week. It does chip quite often. I hope these ones last longer. They are really well made."

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:33 am

Saruko wondered if Kinsen had a lot of free time on her hands, to have the time for such frequent nail painting. It did make her curious and start wondering what the married life was like for the other Kami...

"I'm afraid they won't last that long. As we get closer to our destination, the jade will be affected by the corruption."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:37 am

"Glad that there's plenty here to paint more if needed. Hope it is enough, though." She mentions. After all, they used one entire finger of jade that would look like a thumb from Hida –– as mentioned by Kiosey.

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:43 am

"Yeah, but won't the paint go bad by itself too?"
Wanderer • Large

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:53 am

"Maybe? Stuff made from plants or animals tend to go bad... well, not bones, I'm pretty sure." Saruko shrugged, as nail-paint was still rather weird and new to her.

Theme 2Profile

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:59 am

"I guess I meant more like, if the corruption makes the paint on the nails go bad, it'll make the paint in the container go bad too. And they're separate now. One block of ice melts slower than many chips of ice."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:43 am

"What's on the contained is all mixed up. Maybe what's on my nails might... wait--" She shakes her head while blinking. "Jade goes... bad?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:47 am

Either Hantei is very neglectful, or Kinsen has the attention-span of a squirrel when he talks to her...

She wasn't sure which was the worst, considering she had already given Hantei a piece of her mind not too long ago.

"Yes. Yes it does," she replied, a tad bluntly at first. "The protection of jade isn't eternal... the corruption of Jigoku wears it down eventually."

Theme 2Profile

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:52 am

"Yeah, that's what I was told. It starts to crumble little by little or something. But only around stuff that it protects you from I guess? If you got it and you aren't near this evil stuff I guess it lasts as long as any other rock," he says with a shrug.
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:55 am

“Hmmmm.” She thinks to herself, then starts to get the water heated for some tea.

“Even better I have it in my hands, then. It will be pretty much clear when it starts to wear off.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:02 am

"Not sure how quickly it goes bad either though. But it does tell you something."
Wanderer • Large

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:03 am

She nodded in confirmation of what Taochusu said, glad that he had been informed of the jade's properties.

"From what I understand, a piece that is the size of a grown man's finger should last about a week when we begin to enter the corrupted lands. But... it might change faster the closer we get to the hole."

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Kami's Tent”