[D11 EA] Don't Slurp

Taochusu

[D11 EA] Don't Slurp

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:31 pm

Taochusu came around to check on Kinsen's progress with her project. He was curious what exactly she had been collecting material for, how it all actually was supposed to go together.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D11 EA] Don't Slurp

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:37 pm

Pots, brushes, kettles, bowls, knives and chopsticks all around spread out in front of the Kami's tent. The material collected this morning with Taochusu was carefully stockpiled in a table, while Kinsen looked over all those things without a clue on how to begin.

She looks to Taochusu with widened eyes. "I have no idea of what I am doing."

Hopefully even more help would arrive.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 pm

"I wouldn't be able to help with this," he says, shaking his head. "Most of the stuff I make has 3 ingredients at most. And I usually just stir it with a stick."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:43 pm

Saruko had heard from others in the camp that Kinsen had been looking for her, though the specifics as to why had eluded her.

So after spending a short while walking around camp to look for the gold-hair, she figured it was best to just check the Kami's tent. Which seemed to be a much more sensible choice.

"Hello?" she said, a touch questioningly, seeing that something was being prepared outside of the tent by Kinsen.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:24 am

"Thanks Lady Sun!" Kinsen sighs and bows to Saruko. "You're the wisest of us all, here, Togashi-sama. Please, help me."

The Stag looks at the table and bites her lower lip. "I though about making some nail polish with Jade to coat my nails and thought: why not paint other weapons with it, too."

She shrugs. "Unfortunately, the ingredients we have are very different from the ones I learned to use back home. I mean, they stick around and all, but I don't want to was jade on something I'm sure sure will work."

Kinsen whimpers with a frown and plead to Saruko with some very big, convincing eyes, "Could you help figuring this out, please?"

Then, a grin. "I can make tea, afterwards."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:38 am

"Uh..." Saruko blinked with some confusion at first at the pleading, and then at the thought behind it all. "You're going to... paint your nails with jade, if I understand correctly?"

Well, she hoped that wasn't the only jade Kinsen had. She couldn't possibly be that dumb, right.

"I've never done it before, but... I suppose I could give it a try? What sort of ingredients do you have?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:43 am

Taochusu just sits there and watches. He didn't really get what she was going for. The red color seemed like more than enough to him.
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:59 am

Kinsen nods, then shakes her head. "Yes. Paint my nails with jade. They often last for a week or so attached. This way I can touch things and, well, it is jade. It also sticks to weapons when it dries. So it is a good paint."

She looks at the table, pointing out, "Beewax, spiderweb, egg whites, gelatin, sandalwood essence, ash, and... jade. That we need to crush into powder. It is an additional piece I got from Kyosei-san, quite crude. I have this bracelet and my necklace pendant as additional protection, of course."

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:00 am

"Spiderwebs?" she asked curiously. The other ingredients made some sense to her, but spiderwebs didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Sitting down, Saruko gave a more proper nod to Taochusu to show that she hadn't overlooked him.

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:05 am

Kinsen shrugs. "Not enough eggs. And, it is kind of sticky. Thought it could work. Not sure now."

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:10 am

"Well... I've never made anything like this before, so I'm not sure how well it will go." She took a deep breath, looking to the other two. "Taochusu was it? What is your experience with creating something like lacquer?"

Theme 2Profile

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:12 am

"Closest I've come is tree sap, water and ash. Use it to protect bowls ans spoons I carve so they last longer before having to carve new ones," he says with a shrug. Definitely not a long term thing though. Specially when eating with the stuff I put it on."
Wanderer • Large

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:54 am

"Mm, we used sap too back in my tribe." Sap was easily available, and wasn't a food thing like honey most of the time.

She had no idea where the spiderweb was from, and she mostly assumed that Kinsen hadn't taken it from a corrupted place. At a glance, Saruko couldn't see anything wrong with it. Saruko didn't care much for cosmetics herself to know much about nail-polish.

"Well, hm... we'll use what you've gathered, I suppose. You're the expert on this nail-stuff, Kinsen... so, how do you usually start to make a polish?"

Looking over the ingredients, it felt like more like some kind of cooking experiment.

-----

D11 Lore: Spirit Realms/Intelligence to figure out if Kumo spiderwebs are bad or not. +1k1 Void. TN 25: 4d10o10k3 21

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:03 am

"Well... I'm not really an expert on making them as I am on painting them. Doesn't need an expert to do that either." With that disclaimer, Kinsen begins explaning how she would normally do the whole process. Definitely, the spiderweb thing wasn't included, and the gelatin also was something she always had prepared. Having to cook it would definitely prove to be difficult. Then, the jade. Kinsen also mentions she had never powder-dusted stone before.

"Do you think this would do? I mean, we could ditch something if you think it is not necessary."

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:28 am

"Uh, well... let's see how it works as we go along then."

It would be Kinsen's beautification anyway. Maybe Hantei liked that kind of stuff? I feel happy that he doesn't want me to do that kind of stuff... perhaps I'm blessed to have someone who appriciates me as I am...

It was certainly more like cooking than artistic, but even if she was kind of drifting her thoughts elsewhere to faraway places, Saruko managed to use all the ingredients Kinsen had gathered to make some kind of concoction that could maybe be nail polish.

-----

D11 EA Artisan: Cosmetics/Awareness to make Kinsen's "jade nail polish". +1k1 Void. TN 25 iirc: 6d10o10k5 29

Roll succeeded, but up to Canary what happens with all the ingredients, I suppose? :D

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:35 pm

Hantei has a very special taste for clothes and good things, that is for sure. Kinsen nail painting, though, is a thing he learned how to appreciate. A tradition she carries from her tribal origins at the northern mountains, before she was taken into the Noriaki.

“This looks...” The Stag takes a closer inspection, and uses a brush to collect the shining liquid. With a frown, she sniffs the sandalwood aroma and nods, confirming. “Fabulous!”

OOC: confirmed in PF

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:33 pm

"Huh," the hig guy says to nobody in particular. "Thats interesting."
Wanderer • Large

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:56 pm

"It certainly is," she agreed with the giant. "I've never made anything like it before."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:24 pm

Kinsen glees at the item being done and gets lays out a tray with some white cloth, pouring water over it. "Now, we clean hands, and I start painting nails. Who would like to get jaded?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:56 pm

"I think I'll pass on the paint, but I wouldn't mind cleaning my hands after working with this." She gave a friendly smile.

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Kami's Tent”