Warm Cup (D11, LM)

Bayushi Umeno

Re: Warm Cup (D11, LM)

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:06 am

It wasn't hard to tell that Kinsen had no real wish to recall her time as a Noriaki. It would explain much. Thankfully, Umeno was more than happy to see the blonde smiling instead. I'm not the most knowledgeable about the various tribes, so I'm lucky I got any of that right. The bay was full of fish of all kinds. There were farmers as well, but it was a rare meal that didn't have some sort of seafood."

"Alas, all Bayushi's lands has are a few rivers. River fish are all right, but there's a lot less variety." Umeno wasn't the sort to remanise, but she realized there really had been a part of her that had actually liked her life in Kuwagaya lands.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:22 pm

Glad that Umeno's appetite returned, Kinsen wrinkles her nose into a smile. She comments. "Scorpion lands should have their own delicacies around, too. I am sure. Bayushi-kami-sama has good taste, and a keen eye for beauty."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:41 am

"I'm certain we will. So far it seems to be whatever we can get, but once things are a bit more established, someone will think up something. I just doubt it'll be fish." Umeno gave a slight smirk.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:11 am

"Well, there are rivers as you said." Kinsen mentions, and inquires again. "What about colors. What's your preferred one?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Umeno's face looked deeply thoughtful. She'd never thought of that really. "Hm... I suppose, when I think about it... I've always loved red's and orange's. I adore autumn, and I always thought the most striking fish were bright warm colors. Yellow's nice as well..."

That caused her to flush a bit, clearing her throat. "Come now, it's not fair just asking me! What's your favorite color, and favorite foods you haven't already said?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:08 am

"I like red." She smirks, proud. Then adds, "Gold, too. Sometimes black. But red has its charm." Tapping her chin, Kinsen pouts her lips a bit in a though, trying how to best describe it. Then, she nods, saying, "Sashimi. Raw and fresh. Specially with some spicy wasabi root paste."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:30 am

"I like mine cooked more, but then, it gives a completely different flavor profile, and interacts with the taste of the spices differently as well." Umeno smiled brightly. "Mmm, my armor from Bayushi-Kami is red, it's one reason I like wearing it. I would have worn it here, but I feel like it really was for the best breaking out my Scorpion kimono instead. Is... maroon alright too?"

She picked at one of her sleeves, biting her lower lip softly a moment.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:54 am

Kinsen narrows her eyes, and moves a bit closer to examine the fabric, taking it in her own hands carefully. After a moment, she says, "Hmm. Yes, it is more than alright. It plainness contrasts with you. Benten would be proud that what is important gets highlighted."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:29 am

Umeno flushed deeply at that. "K-Kinsen-sama... this was designed with Bayushi-Kami's help, it's hardly plain. I mean, if anything, it's the other way around."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:48 am

She narrows her eyes even further, now cocking her head back to take a good look at the whole frame. She says, "See! It tricks one into thinking it is plain. The objective is to devise attention. Just like the other things he has done so far. Dear husband is filled with mysteries, but Bayushi-kami-sama... he's a true enigma."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:01 am

Umeno's blush faded a little. She was still being stared at, but at least she wasn't being called Benten blessed again. "H-hai, he is. He likes wearing quite plain things himself, when relaxing."

After a moment, she blurted out, "Though no matter how gorgeous Kinsen-sama's outfit is, it doesn't overshadow anything."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:21 am

"Thank you, Umeno-chan." She grins, looking down to herself. Patting her thighs over the outfit, she nods, explaining, "Doji-kami-sama and Nanzi-sama gifted this outfit on our wedding. Dear husband has a matching pair."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:41 am

"Well, I certainly didn't mean to disparage the Crane and their gift. It IS a lovely outfit and all," Umeno said with a bit of chagrin. "Still... I stick to what I said. I'm not actually sure what sort of kimono could overshadow you. Perhaps something more shiny and golden."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:05 pm

"You flatter me too much Umeno-chan." Kinsen blushes a bit and smiles. "I am happy I've met you the other day. Indeed, quite a catch." She metions with a giggle, and completes, "I hope we can continue to see each other."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:50 pm

Umeno wanted to say you started it, but didn't. She blushed a bit herself, giving a slight clearing of her throat. "H-hai, I do as well. Thank you again for the tea and food."

Umeno fidgeted a moment before letting out quickly, "CanIkissyouKinsensama?" She reddened immediately. She didn't believe she'd ever said anything so embarrassing in her entire life.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:32 am

Kinsen blinks at the request, but maintains her eyes locked with Umeno's. Wondering if Hantei would approve, she looks back for a short moment, and immediately blushes up. Her pony tail swings again, and she returns to face Umeno.

Biting her lips to hold her actions, she nods positively, "I would love you to. Yet, forgive me Umeno-chan, I would like dear husband to be aware."

Trying not to hurt Umeno's feelings, Kinsen pouts a bit. "Would you wait and allow me that?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:44 am

Umeno took a deep breath, then slowly let it out. It was hard enough admitting to herself what she wanted. It was even harder to say things like that to Kinsen. To have her feelings told to a Kami too? She was practically ready to die right then and there. Still, she finally gave a small nod. While part of her just wanted to tell Kinsen to forget it and to go into a small hole and hide herself away, Umeno decided that this was the hill she'd die on, figuratively.

She wasn't certain if she was crazy or insane, or what the difference would be.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:53 am

Kinsen smile nearly explodes in joy. She closes her eyes in pleasure and wiggles a bit her waist. Her lips are held tight not to squee about being admired so much. Nodding a couple of times back to Umeno, Kinsen undoes her hair by pulling the black ribbon holding it up.

Then, she slides closer to Umeno, holding the ribbon in offering at the level of Scorpion's neck, saying, "Please, I would like you to have this."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:58 am

Umeno looks a touch uncertain a moment, then flushes again. "I-I mean... I c-can't accept something so precious to you Kinsen-sama. I'm certain that's a gift from someone you care about deeply."

Was this the polite thing to do? Was it twice? Four times? Just once? She really wished she'd listened to Bayushi more...

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:13 am

"It is the same I have in my neck. I use this as a promise. One you are helping me fulfill. So I would like to give this ribbon to you. Use as you see fit, of course. I would love for you to have it." Kinsen smirked at how well she was handling the first refusal.

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “The Kami's Tent”