Warm Cup (D11, LM)

Bayushi Umeno

Re: Warm Cup (D11, LM)

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:36 am

"If there's more to what I have to do, I'll certainly try my best to learn how to do so, but... I do a little scouting as well, and a good bit of manual labor when things need to be moved or transported, or even built. It could be that I already have everything I need, even if I need to improve on it. There are certain things that people might never be good at too... like studying, or public speaking."

Umeno downed the rest of her tea in a bit of a stress response, then made a show on her face that it was indeed still quite hot. Still, that seemed to clear her up enough. "In fact, I will say that much; I will make it a goal before this expedition is done to see you in battle, Kinsen-sama. I want to see if you are the same then as you are now, or if there is truly a part of you that opens up there that never can around your family or clan. I want to see if this heat inside me will always be there, or if it will snuff itself out in the name of this order and etiquette that you speak of."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:52 am

“There are some things best let caged and forgotten.” Kinsen says, worried, and sips again.

Another sip, and she changes subject. “By the way, building is a great thing to pursue. Tell me more about it. What have you built, so far. Hmm?”
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:06 am

Umeno didn't wish to change the subject, even less so after the look crossed Kinsen's face. Still, she felt too bad after bringing up all the worries she already had, and though it felt awkward inside her, she decided to do her best to try that polite conversation part. "I... couldn't say I'm really a builder. There are those in the Bayushi that have such talents, but there are few among their number that would truly be called laborer's, or be considered strong. Many in my new family seem to favor grace and elegance over power and strength."

"Thus, I've been roped into helping with a few projects that call for heavy lifting, as the home of the Scorpion is made. I tend to get called for stone moving or lifting goods up via rope pulley's." She gave a faint wisp of a smirk. "I guess all that training and fighting can be of some use when you need to fight the pull of the ground."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:39 am

"Well. That's something I did quite often, too." Kinsen nods. "Good service to help build things around. Hida-kami-sama taught me that. I've helped build the wall... line... around Otosan Uchi. Felt quite good, in fact." It was actually when Benten decided to notice her and get the Kami's eyes aimed at her with a different perspective, some say.

"We should build something together. It could be fun." She beams up. "Although I think we'll need someone telling what we should build. Being strong and elegant are not opposites."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:50 am

"Well, I mean, never said they were. You clearly show they aren't." She pursed her lips a bit and her pale cheeks pinked softly at the statement. She didn't let it break her stride however. "I'm not bad at swimming or climbing either. I think that's the other reason they ask for my help. Makes getting up building's easier when you're used to monkeying all over the place. If you ever needed help like that, I'd be more than plea-- honored to help you out. Not sure what we'd build though..."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:08 am

"See!" She widens her smile, putting the cup down and placing hands on her legs. "We could build..." Kinsen taps her chin, and widens her eyes with a good idea, "A garden?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:13 am

She was a bit doubtful. Her thumb was black, not green. Still, from that doubt and concern earlier, it was good seeing Kinsen in a more positive mood again. She reached out and put her hands on top of Kinsen's and smiled. "I can move dirt and rocks, but Fortune's preserve the poor plant that needs to be tended by me. Perhaps some sort of rock garden would be more my speed."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:36 am

“Rock garden. I like the idea.” Kinsen flips her hands up slowly so their fingers interlace for a moment, and nods in an agreement. “I’m awful with plants, too. Doesn’t mean I can’t try, or find someone to say how to treat them. Right?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:46 am

Umeno either didn't notice or was just comfortable with the gesture, as she gave no nod to it. "Mmm, that's true. Still... there's a bit to the idea of being able to do it ourselves. The plant idea might have to be simplified... there has to be plants out there that are easy to care for or don't need much work, right?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:49 pm

“I hope so.” She giggles a bit more. “Let’s stick with rocks. Sounds... less complex, although very solid.”

Kinsen closes her eyes, imagining, “Mountain in front of the sea. What you think?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:38 pm

"Well... I have missed the sea, Only mountain I've ever seen is the Anjang one, but I think it'd be a lovely combination. Something like waves in the pebbles with a large stone in the center would work, though I fully admit I don't know symbolism."

Umeno sighed softly and smiled. There was just a bit of soup left, but she'd kept her fingers twinned with Kinsen's, and the contact soothed her quite a bit. "Maybe a pond would be in order as well. Could put two fish in to give some life to it all, and it shouldn't be too hard to maintain. A red and a gold koi..."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:04 am

"Hmmm." She muses, biting her lower lip instinctively at the thought of fish. Then, she nods, looking back at Umeno's eyes. "Yes. Let's do that. I'll ask dear husband to get an ambassador from the Scorpion, and make sure your name is the one requested. Would that be ok?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:17 am

Umeno hesitated a moment. "Ano... I am more than fine with that, of course, though I think I would act better as an ambassador's guard. I am certain Bayushi-Kami would understand and do what he could, as long as I kept his best interests in heart..."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:22 am

"Or that." Kinsen finally shrugs, getting folding her hands back over her thighs. The Stag takes a moment glancing over the food, noticing that Umeno's appetite has been very shy. She questions, "What's the food you enjoy eating the most?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:47 am

It seemed that was enough to remind Umeno that she had come here for lunch, not being easily distracted... which she had been. Picking the soup bowl back up, she took a long sip of the broth, looking a touch thoughtful. "Mmm... that's a good question. I'm not very picky with what I eat really. I suppose I like seafood best though, especially grilled and spiced. Have you ever tried octopus Kinsen-sama?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:23 am

She grins widely, confirming with a lick of her upper lip to show how much. "I lo-o-ve spicy, crunchy tentacles!"

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 am

Umeno couldn't help grinning and giving a sharp laugh at that. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Stag lands are on the coast, aren't they? I used to have octopus all the time back when I was a Kuwagaya. I'd adore sharing a plate of tentacles with you sometime Kinsen-sama."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:18 am

"Yes, they are. I'll work on that Seppun recipe scroll for crunchy octopus as we get back, then. I'm already salivating just to think of it." Kinsen nods. "Good that you like it spicy, too. Last time I made spicy food, people kind of complained I used too much."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:46 am

"I'm kind of surprised actually, Kinsen-sama," Umeno said, finishing off her soup and just idly holding her empty tea cup. "I was always told that mountain folk liked simpler food, that spices were a lot easier to get a hold of along the coast or in more fertile lands. Did moving to Stag lands give you a bit more access to spices and seafood then? Though I suppose the Seppun would have had some too, hai?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:01 am

"We always used pepper back at the northern mountains. They're really spicy. That's basically the only spice we kind of had. Perhaps at the World Spine they don't even have that, since you're mentioning it so."

She shrugs. "As part of the Noriaki, though, since we raided all the coastal tribes, I've managed to have different sorts of food. Nothing too fancy, since I was only being given treats when I would obey. Now, with the Seppun." Kinsen's eye beam up, "They have all sorts of different seafood. It is do delicious."

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “The Kami's Tent”