Tea of Shinsei (D9, LE)

Hantei Kinsen

Tea of Shinsei (D9, LE)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:42 am

Getting the tea set, cooking utensils and some other things to set up a good meal, Kinsen arrives near Shinsei’s tent and arranged things in the floor to prepare a serving for the hooded man Hantei spoke so deeply about. Someone that made him think over every concept he previously had of things.

Loud enough to call anyone’s attention nearby, Kinsen also starts a fire, so she can warm things up for the evening.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Re: Tea of Shinsei (D9, LE)

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:42 pm

Rather than emerging from his tent, Shinsei arrived from the direction of the waterfall, with a curious tempo to his gait, features rather obscured by his hooded robe. The presence of a fire and roving Kinsen earned a curious tilt of the head, before his steps gradually swung in her direction.

"You are Hantei Kinsen-sama, correct? To what do I owe this surprise visit?"
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:27 pm

"Good evening, Shinsei-sensei." Kinsen lifts herself up and bows to the little man, hosrtly returning back to her knees in seiza to continue prepparing things. "I wanted to –– finally –– properly meet you. I hope you don't mind me preparing tea and cooking something for you. I caught a very succulent trout earlier today at the rapids. Thought you would enjoy something fresh."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:13 pm

Shinsei returned the bow with a pleasant expression on his features. "That does sound quite nice. Not that I'm not fond of dried rations, but few things ever come across as nicely as freshly cooked fish."

He moved back in the direction he'd come from briefly, then returned hefting large rock which he settled into a small divot by his tent the way another man might arrange a small cushion. After a few minor adjustments, he took a seat facing Kinsen. "How has Hantei been?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:16 am

Kinsen takes a moment to check the little man carrying that boulder with some intense interest. No wonder the Kami listened to him. He surely had a lot of secrets to show. The Stag puts the fish to cook, and starts preparing some tea to Shinsei, following Doji's teaching once again to the letter.

Silent and gracious, she serves him the sustenance and waits patiently until he is satisfied to begin their conversation in peace and relaxation. Then, she replies.

"Dear husband has been worried. He doesn't show it, of course."
--
Tea Ceremony/Void TN 15: 4d10o10k3 19 +1 VP
Craft: Cooking/Void: 3d10k3 19

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:44 am

Shinsei sat and observed the ritual quietly, noting the mannerisms and niceties that were certainly Doji's teachings. He enjoyed a few bites of fish, and a sip or two of tea before he seemed receptive to discussion. "He does have a keen interest in maintaining his outer composure. What troubles him exactly?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:38 am

"He's quite the mystery to me, I confess. I learned to read some of the hints he leaves here and there, but there's much more he keeps to himself so he can protect those he care. Me included."

Kinsen starts to clean utensils, serving Shinsei as she did to her own teachers back at the northern mountains. She concludes the though, saying. "I believe he's worried that he'll have to pay a great price to get his brother rescued. Knowing him: he would never deny it. I believe he knows that I am here to stop him from doing so."

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:50 am

"Are you?" It was a simple question, asked without rancor or judgment. The tone of inflection was so even that Shinsei might have been asking for directions to the nearest tree. His stormy eyes reflected the firelight vaguely as he peered at Kinsen, curious as to how she would answer.

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:52 am

She opens a genuine, loving smile to Shinsei that was a reply in itself. "More tea, Shinsei-sensei?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:20 am

Shinsei didn't remark or react noticeably to the smile. "Yes please. And have we learned any other adequate terms of reverence to apply to me? With my name, saying sensei every time gets quite... strange."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:21 am

Kinsen zoned out for a moment. She shakes her head and apologizes with a bow. Coming closer, she pours more tea. The, she nods. "It does sound quite odd due the sound."

She closes her eyes thinking and then suggests, "What about just... sensei?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:35 am

"That should do just fine, thank you." Shinsei pursed his lips slightly. "Are you feeling okay? You seemed rather far away there for a moment."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:43 am

"Away?" Kinsen blinks and bows in another apology. "I am sorry, I was just looking at the woods, considering it is late. I got worried about a little girl we found today. Nanzi-sama pointed a blade at the girl after she touched my jade bracelet, saying she was evil, and the poor girl run away. She should be somewhere nearby, I imagine."

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:00 am

"A little girl you say?" Shinsei's expression grew troubled. "And she was chased into the woods by Nanzi after claiming she was evil. Did he elaborate on this accusation in any way?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:16 am

Kinsen says. “They were saying those corrupt creatures cannot touch jade. But she did have a jade stone. She also touched this bracelet. Then Nanzi-dama threatened her. It made no sense.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:34 am

Shinsei sighed heavily. "I cannot even say with confidence who is right or wrong. Jigoku is proving insipid in its methods, and it is fomenting distrust and paranoia within our ranks. I wish there were an easy answer to this problem, but I have yet to discover one."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 pm

"Distrust won't serve us." She nods. "So it is true that jade not only protect us from... those things... and they avoid touching it at all costs?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:31 pm

"It seems that way, but I cannot know for certain. We have only the child to base this belief upon, and she could easily have been a frightened girl unaware of the situation and scared off by all the noise and shouting." Shinsei frowned deeply. "It matters little now. Dissension has been sewn in our ranks already, and we must deal with that as we march onward."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:38 am

Kinsen nods and keeps serving Shinsei with a good meal. It was the best gift she could offer someone that has been so helpful to the Stag and the Empire, so far. She confirms, "I'll talk with Nanzi-sama to settle down the topic. Child or not, this cannot compromise the importance of the task. Sensei is correct. Thank you."

Thinking on jade, she remembers, showing Shinsei her bracelet. "The child did touch the jade I carry, though. So... I have to make sure he is aligned."

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”