(D9, LE) The end of the beginning

Jiyo Ayumu

(D9, LE) The end of the beginning

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 am

It had been a strange day. But, by the end of it, every piece seemed to have fallen into place. They had the shrine, they had the Fortunes, and though it was still a bit rough around the edges and not fully painted, it was honestly already a thing of beauty. Dawei, Saruko and the others had done an amazing job.

And now that it was whole, it did feel... holy. Not just mere wood and pigments, but far more than that.

Time had come to present it to the highest religious authority of the camp: An actual god.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Seppun Dawei

Re: (D9, LE) The end of the beginning

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:26 pm

Dawei accompanies Ayumu to the tent, and, indeed, announces them: "My Lord Hantei, it is Seppun Dawei and Jiyo Ayumu come to call upon you."

And he takes a knee, bows his head, awaiting the Great Stag.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:36 am

After awhile the tall glowing figure emerged from his tent and offered a small bow to the two men "Hello Dawei-san, it is good to see you. Who is your friend?" He asked looking to Ayumu, Hantei had obviously seen him around camp but he did not know the names of everyone on the expedition.
Kami | Paragon of Honor | Leadership | Virtuous | Irreproachable

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Played by GM Tyrus

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:40 am

"My lord, he is Jiyo Ayumu, a man of several skills."

And, at that, he looks up at the Great Stag.

"It is he who has masterminded the project which he and I present to you."
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:51 am

"Salutations Lord Hantei.

Seppun Dawei gives me too much honor. I am but a humble servant of your brother Shiba that helped gathering people more talented than himself to fix a gap in our preparations. If I did instigate this project, he wouldn't been have been possible without the time and the skill that Seppun Dawei, your sister-in-law Togashi Saruko, and many others, poured into it. We're lucky to have them all with us on this trip."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:55 am

"Well met Jiyo-san." Hantei said after introductions then rose an eyebrow as they continued talking "A presentation? How interesting, and what is it you wish to present to me?"

Played by GM Tyrus

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:07 am

Ayumu set himself aside to reveal what from this outside look like a big log cut in three and kept in one piece with rope. Quietly, softly, he started to unwrap it, and once done, still as silent, just opened it in it full before Hantei's eyes.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:08 am

For his own part, Dawei stands and takes a couple of steps back, making sure he is out of the way of the shrine and the more formal presentation.

Ayumu's better with words than I am, he thinks, even if I am better with a knife.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:46 am

The interior of the log, the shrine itself, is a thing of beauty. A talented sculptor obviously put his whole soul and skill into it. Maybe it is lacking the finishing touches, a bit of sanding here, some oiling there, a extra artful coat of paint. But only another expert nitpicking out of jealousy, or its own perfectionist creator, would ever complain about that at first sight.

The seven Fortunes stand on display in that superb setting. Two stand out by the quality of their sculpting: a merry Hotei and an androgynous Benten, side-by-side in the central panel. Two stand out by their vibrant colors: Bishamon and Jurojin, on opposite sides of the display, watching over their brethren. The other three, maybe due to the layout of the three panels, maybe due to their different style, did not have as much of a presence though Ebisu was granted a place in the central panel too.

Was it the best display of the seven Fortunes ever made? Who knows.

Had it been made with love, patience, conviction, perseverance, wisdom, humility and glee? Definitely.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:03 am

Shinjo emerged to take a look at what was going on, as well. "Wow... You two have done an amazing job, there."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 am

Dawei nods to the compliment.

"Thank you, Lady Shinjo."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:43 pm

"Thank you Lady Shinjo. We put all our heart and soul into it.

I would like to request your blessing to have it put on display in the camp, in its own tent that people could visit freely at any time of the day or the night, to fulfill their religious duty or for spiritual comfort. We're lacking such a place at the moment, and I feel this absence more and more as we dig deeper into the darkness, and others might feel it as well.

I also would like to request your literal blessing for what is still only wood and sweat at the moment, and has yet to be literary touched by the divine."

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:54 am

Hantei nods a small smile on his lips "This is certainly an incredible piece of work to honor the fortunes. It shall be given its own space where people may visit and I cannot speak for my sister but I would be happy to bless it in the light of heaven."

Played by GM Tyrus

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 am

Dawei bows deeply.

"If my Lord Hantei would please, then to touch it," and he brings it up to him.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:24 am

Hantei grabs the shrine and takes it from Dawei he closes his eyes and concentrates for a few moments the light around his brightens a little and then the shrine shines with its own light for a moment before both dim.

Hantei hands it back to the Seppun man "It is blessed by a son of heaven, let not the mortal realm degrade it through time or weather."

Played by GM Tyrus

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:28 am

As many times as I see it, I never marvel the less, thinks Dawei as the lights fade. And proof against weather is no small thing.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Ayumu bows in turn:

"Greatest thanks lord Hantei. May the Fortunes bless this expedition as you just blessed us."

Return to “The Kami's Tent”