[D7 LM] What Is Divine?

Taochusu

[D7 LM] What Is Divine?

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:44 am

Taochusu had been told a number of times that to meet these gods he just had to introduce himself. So he decided he'd try just that. Approaching the tents he thought about it. He had seen them walking about on rare occasions but never actually seen one up close or talked to them. Now he figured he'd just give it a go. And he was relatively familiar with one of their spouses so he figured he might as well try to talk to that one.

Going to the tent he'd seen Hantei and Kinsen use, he cleared his throat loudly. "Is Kinsen's husband here? The god Hantei?" He really didn't know how this was all done.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei

Re: [D7 LM] What Is Divine?

Post by Hantei » Sat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm

After a short delay a man emerged he was tall, a little taller than Taochusu. While he wasn't overly muscular, at least by what could be seen, the man radiated an aura of strength and confidence. But the most astounding thing about the man was that he glowed a soft golden light, not terribly bright in the morning sun but the subtle glow was clearly visible.

This man, presumably the one called Hantei, looked at Taoschsu and nodded to him in greeting. His voice was soft but strong and commanded attention "Hello there, I am Lord Hantei of the Stag Clan. What can I do for you?"
Kami | Paragon of Honor | Leadership | Virtuous | Irreproachable

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Played by GM Tyrus

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 4:56 pm

"Been told that if I wanted to meet one of the gods, I really only needed to come by and say hello," he says with a nod. "To be honest, I didn't even know about you folks or the clans or anything before about a week ago."

Seeing the taller man up close, he understood why so many found them impressive. He hadn't seen very many people that were taller than him in his life. And usually they weren't so well proportioned either, usually more like himself with thick muscles a layer of fat or both.

"Pleasure to meet you Hantei. First, I wanna say I'm glad you and your folks have been kind enough to let me come along. First time I haven't felt alone since I was a kid. So that's nice. Also, I look forward to helping whatever way I can to help you get your brother back. At least that's what I understand this mission is for. Hopefully I don't got that wrong."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Sun May 31, 2020 2:04 am

Hantei gave a shallow bow in greeting "I am glad that you came along any and all help is appreciated in this endeavor. You are correct my brother has fallen through and become trapped in Jigoku a place of suffering and darkness. We are heading to where he punched through your realm to enter this place and bring him back."

"Im afraid you have me at disadvantage, you know my name but I haven't learned yours yet."

Played by GM Tyrus

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 4:12 am

"Ah, sorry. I'm Taochusu. Just a wanderer," he replies with a nod.

"Sounds like a terrible fate for anyone. I hope we'll be able to get him back. I'll do everything I can to make it happen," he offers.

"Though to be honest, I came to see you mostly because I'm curious. Never met a god up close before and was wondering about that all worked. You fell from heaven, but I mean... what's that like? How's it work for you being here in our world? What's that like for you?"
Wanderer • Large

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:59 am

Hantei chuckled a little "It is.....less than ideal. Imagine a world of perfect beauty and order, everything has its place, everything works the way it is supposed to. There is little suffering and the concepts of fear are almost alien to you because you have seldom had anything to fear. for thousands of years we lived this way before humans were even walking this realm. And then one day my father went mad, jealous and fearful of the power his children, us, would one day possess. He ate my brothers and sisters Starting with Ryoshun-san and continuing until my mother tricked him in his madness he mistook a roughly Hantei shaped rock for his son.

Hidden away I was taught how to fight by my mother the sun goddess amaterasu. Then I battled my father, the moon, and he cut a hole in the bottom of Tengoku with his divine blade. I in turn sliced open his stomach causing my siblings to fall out. One, Fu Leng was caught by my father I cut Lord Moon's arm off to save my brother. In turn my brother reached out to me like a drowning man reaches for anything to grasp. He caught me and we all tumbled down to the mortal realm."

Hantei took a deep breath after finishing his tale "and that is how we made it here. Well most of us."

Played by GM Tyrus

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:08 am

"That's quite something. It's really kind of hard to even picture that really," he admits. "Like, my mind wonders at the enormous size of your father if he fit so many people in his stomach, and how you reached high enough to cut them free. And cutting a hole in heaven? How does that even work? I mean, the things must have happened for you to be here, but I can't even wrap my head around the idea of a lot of them."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:57 am

Hantei nodded "The heaven's certainly contain many things that seem or are indeed impossible here on the mortal realm. But that is indeed our story and how we got here with no way to return home. Since we are here we spent time searching your lands and learning, we have seen a potential in humans and decided we would help you reach that potential hence the formation of the empire and the clans. There are many of them to appeal to different people's interests." he smirked a little "I can tell just by looking at you that my brother Hida would appreciate a human of your size and strength."

Played by GM Tyrus

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:08 am

"I've been told so by others. But I've also been told he's also keen on fighting and attracts warriors. While I don't shy from a fight if it's necessary and I know how to use my hammer, I prefer only getting into a scrap when other choices aren't an option. Wherever I end up, I'll probably end up defending or protecting the people I call family, but I'm not looking for battle. I'd rather learn to create I think. Making tools and maybe helping out folks in the same situation I'm in to find a home. Maybe even build a few houses for them to call their own and watch over them."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:04 am

Hantei thought for a moment "Well Doji appreciates beauty and culture, she is a creator at heart and i believe one of her followers is focusing on building things. Hida is indeed quick to battle as he has a warriors heart but he also has the heart of a defender, he is a protector." after a moment "But perhaps you should take time to study all of my siblings and see who suits you but most importantly you must figure out who you are and what you want your goal to be. It is difficult for a man to fully dedicate himself to more than one goal."

Played by GM Tyrus

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:41 am

"I know what I am. I'm a survivor. Always will be at my core with how long I been doing it. I need to live so the memory of my family don't disappear. Building any life keeps them wlive through me."
Wanderer • Large

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:57 am

Hantei thought for a moment "I would have you think harder on this issue Taochusu. What would you dedicate yourself to if survival was assured? At least as assured as one can be in the mortal world. What do you want to live for not merely survive for?"

Played by GM Tyrus

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 am

"Probably got less to live for than most," he says with a chuckle. "The only things I've had that I don't want to lose are memories of my family. But those don't really help anyone else so much, since most of that isn't practical stuff. Living for finding something to live for is all I can really do. Like a dog chasing it's tail."
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Kami's Tent”