[D7, EA] Dazed and Confused (expecting)

Shinjo Miuna

[D7, EA] Dazed and Confused (expecting)

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 29, 2020 3:24 am

Miuna felt crummy still so she wandered the camp aimlessly, Aono following at a close distance but not so much that she would agitate her sister, completely oblivious when she crossed into the tent area meant for the Kami and their spouses. Her gaze affixed to the ground in front of her, she paused and sighed heavily.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D7, EA] Dazed and Confused (expecting)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 29, 2020 6:32 am

Kinsen is found by the Shinjo duet while pouring some water over her body to cleanse herself a bit after having to deal with a serious amount of fur while underground. She sneezes again, and notices the heavy sigh. Thinking it was Koyama peeking around nearby again, she takes a piece of cloth and covers herself, to turn around.

"I'm going to beat the cr-" Kinsen says, impulsively annoyed, but stops as soon as she sees it is not the Shinjo she was thinking it would be.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 am

Taochusu sat at the imaginary line between the kami's tent and the rest of the camp. He hadn't chosen it for any particular reason, but it was centrally located enough that a bunch of people would likely be able to hear. He readied his guqin and played a few notes to warm up. Eventually he began playing though, hoping folks enjoyed the music and it helped them relax.

While memories of his mother flooded in, they were far more pleasant than usual. His heart had changed as he had come to accept that she was gone and nothing could change that. But her heart was still with him and she had always wanted him to be a happy child. He didn't wish to dishonor that hope any more. There was a chance for him to become part of something greater in this expedition and she would have wanted that, he had begun to understand. Why let her music pass into obscurity when he could find a place for himself and her songs.

D7 EA, Perform: Guqin / Agility, Inheritance +1k1, 2 CR -10: 7d10o10k5-10 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvT3ujMqn8o
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 29, 2020 8:17 am

After a few moments, Miuna's gaze drifted upwards and settled on Hantei Kinsen. Whom was very much naked. Though she covered herself with a cloth, her flawless and generously proportioned body was still visible. "Meep!" The noise that escapes Miuna is a squeak, caught somewhere between wonderment and embarrassment. Turning a deep shade of crimson, she bowed while slowly backing up. Aono caught up and realizing what had happened, also bowed. "Sumimasen, Lady Hantei. Miuna has been especially absent minded as of late. We are very sorry to have interrupted." Miuna covered her eyes, turned away and made for a hasty retreat, but tripped over the legs of the sitting boulder that was Toachusu. "Oomph." She looked up, turning a deeper shade of red still.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 29, 2020 10:24 am

Kinsen blinks at the sight for moment. Then smiles at Aono, as she excuses themselves. Yet, the little Shinjo runs away, turning in the direction of the sound she couldn't really listen, just a corner away.

Yet, there it was, Benten whispering through the air. And, as if in a magical story, Kinsen hears the sweet melody filling up the atmosphere.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 10:28 am

The big guy offered a hand to help her up, his size and strength more than enough to do so while remaining seated.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 29, 2020 11:02 am

Miuna accepted the help, brushing herself off indignantly. With Taochusu sitting, it made his and Miuna's heads level. She took the moment to study the man's features appreciatively. He might have been gargantuan, but his face was soft and welcoming. She smiled at him sweetly.

Aono arrived a short moment later. "There you are," she said sternly. Though the tone of voice was lost on Miuna, the body language certainly wasn't. "I had no idea where you ran off to." Miuna simply signed "sorry," looked at the ground and resumed being embarrassed for herself. After a few more moments she signed, asking Aono to ask Taochusu if he would play his instrument. She had seen him play it on one other occasion, and quite enjoyed watching him get lost in his music. She could tell that, in doing so, it lit up his soul. Maybe by then, Lady Hantei would be less nude and she could apologize properly. Aono looked to the giant and, smiling softly she asked, "What were you playing a moment ago? It sounded very lovely."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 11:47 am

"It was a song taught to me by my mother. A song of my tribe. I know quite a few," he says. "It's one of my few hobbies that doesn't have anything to do with trying to survive in the wilds."
Wanderer • Large

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 29, 2020 12:40 pm

Aono smiled and asked, "Would you mind playing something more for us? If you're not expected elsewhere, I mean." Miuna sat next to him, a pebble next to a mountain. She knew he would play, it was how he connected to his homelands and family.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 29, 2020 1:19 pm

"Course I will," he says with a nod. He slowly strums a few notes, to find the next song and then begins playing in earnest once more.

D7 EA, Second Perform: Guqin / Agility, Inheritance +1k1, 2 CR -10: 7d10o10k5-10 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VaRbTdic3s
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 29, 2020 11:07 pm

As the two ladies move away, Kinsen sneaks back into a covered part of the large tent, and takes her robes back to tie them up with a sash. Secured, she comes closer to the music, and peeks from the corner before making herself visible in an appropriate fashion.

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 29, 2020 11:54 pm

Aono stood near Taochusu and Miuna with her eyes closed, enjoying the music. Miuna sat, fiddling with a long lock of her hair and intently watching the big man play. Taochusu, for his part looked quite enraptured. It was very nice to just be.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 1:11 am

When the big guy finished his song, he nodded to the two Shinjo. Then he nodded to Kinsen and gave her a wave.

"How have you been since the other night in the swamp? Are you doing alright?" he asks.
Wanderer • Large

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat May 30, 2020 1:15 am

Night at swamp was probably a reference to both Shinjo, since they've met by the stream before. Kinsen approaches even more to listen to them since she's been recognized. With a bow, she greets them properly. "Good afternoon."

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 am

Taochusu wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:11 am
When the big guy finished his song, he nodded to the two Shinjo. Then he nodded to Kinsen and gave her a wave.

"How have you been since the other night in the swamp? Are you doing alright?" he asks.
Aono ruffled Miuna's hair, much to her sister's chagrin. "Miuna has certainly had a rough go of it, but soon it will be just a bad memory." Though silently she wondered how many more bad memories they faced ahead.

Miuna turned to see Kinsen standing nearby. She stood up immediately and signed, "I'm so sorry, how rude I have been! Please forgive me." She bowed her head in shame.

Aono bowed when she saw Kinsen and said, "Lady Hantei, well met. Miuna says she's truly sorry for the trouble she's caused, and hopes that you might forgive her."

Miuna looked to Kinsen again so as not to miss her reply.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat May 30, 2020 4:47 am

"Trouble?" Kinsen shrugs, making it clear, "Nonsense. She caused no trouble at all. No need to be forgiven. I should have been more aware, if that's a lesson to be learned."

Turning to Taochusu, she smiles, saying, "I would never imagine someone as... big... as you would play such a delicate instrument. I am surprised, and humbled."

TN to be recognized is 0

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 30, 2020 5:18 am

"My mom would've been almost my size probably. Maybe shorter, hard to try and figure that out since I was so much smaller back then. But this was hers and she taught me to play it. Always liked her music, but she was a much better singer than me. Only thing my singing is good for is scaring away small animals."
Wanderer • Large

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sat May 30, 2020 11:04 pm

Miuna visibly relaxed and quickly thanked Fortune that she had not offended Kinsen. Her respect for her was great and she was happy not to have upset her. She had looked quite irritated earlier. She giggled lightly when Toachusu mocked his singing. Though idly she mused that if she could she would want to hear it anyway.

Aono chuckled too at the big man's statement. She regarded him with a wistful stare. "Mothers have the most lovely of voices," she found herself saying, thinking of their own mother and how much she had loved to hear her sing while Miuna was still inside her belly. She turned to Kinsen, before asking, "Lady Hantei, is it perhaps that you sing?" She would love to hear it, and for Miuna to watch her as she tended to enjoy.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat May 30, 2020 11:32 pm

Well, Kinsen is a mother, after all. Startled at the question, she shakes her head quickly while blinking. "Oh no. I don't. I mean. Lullabies, yes. We do anything for our children. Find strength in weakness, and talent in ignorance. Specially to get them to sleep. But singing, singing. No."

The tall woman blushes a bit, thinking about her boy.

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun May 31, 2020 12:05 am

Miuna signed at the same time Aono spoke, the sisters accidentally in sync in their thoughts. "You must miss him terribly." The sisters looked at one another. Aono spoke up again. "I look forward to the day we can return to our families, though many of us seem to have found a family in each other here, too." She thought of her sister and the young boy, Hanzou, and hoped that there might be a future for them. For any of them, really. She shook her head slightly, trying to shake those unpleasant thoughts from her. Miuna ventured closer to Kinsen. She never knew her mother, but when she looked at Kinsen it gave her a good idea of what a mother might be like. She peered up at the woman, her long, dark locks brushing the ground as she did so. "Will you have more children?" She signed, "Perhaps a daughter?" Aono translated, though she was reluctant to ask such a personal question.

Return to “The Kami's Tent”