[D7 LA] Addressing an Issue (Open, Expecting)

Nozomi

[D7 LA] Addressing an Issue (Open, Expecting)

Post by Nozomi » Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 pm

She'd been avoiding coming to these tents for the better part of a week, but after talking with Shinsei and a few others on the matter, Phi finally had gotten up the gumption to actually approach the kami. Added to this was the very fact that she actually had business with them now that they were in the Nezumi lands and thus on the cusp of whatever stupidity was about to happen, and here she was. A firm rap at whatever sign, door, post or whatever with a stick to announce her presence and she stood back at what she considered a respectful distance. If a servant happened to be around, she'd tell them she wanted to speak with Shinjo as soon as possible. Hantei wouldn't be turned away certainly, but she was specifically looking for one of the kami.

She honestly had no clue how she'd even speak with Hantei if he was the one that came out.

(OOC: Making small adjustment to Late Afternoon)
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Koun

Re: [D7 LA] Addressing an Issue (Open, Expecting)

Post by Koun » Fri May 29, 2020 12:31 am

The wanderer pads up behind Phi and looks around, though to others, it might seem that he is there supporting her actions.
Wanderer - Hero of the People? - Happy Go Lucky - Naive - Warrior

Status: 0.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Reputation: Just this guy, you know?

I have a sword and a bow and people to help.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri May 29, 2020 12:38 am

Another joins them, waiting a few steps away.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 12:45 am

Phi caught sight of Hanzou and Kuon and nodded in their direction. She kept quiet for the moment, as she was waiting on one of the kami to emerge so she could get this off of her chest while she had the opportunity to do so. But, for now, she wasn't in a conversational mood, not that she was ever a great conversationalist by most people's standards. This, however, needed to be addressed before they set one foot outside of Nezumi lands.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri May 29, 2020 8:25 am

Shinjo soon emerges from the tent, surprised to see so many people. "Hello... Why don't you all come in and have a seat?" She held the flap open for them.
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 8:35 am

Phi went a little rigid the moment Shinjo emerged and did something she never did. She tried that weird social trick the man who spoke about himself constantly in the third person did when he addressed people. That was supposed to be polite, wasn't it? Bow? Right, so she stiffly went down in a bow that, thankfully not going too far and stumbling over herself because this was literally the first bow she'd ever tried in her life. Rising from it, she followed Shinjo's direction and went into the tent.

"Thank you for your time, Shinjo. There was something I wanted to discuss for when we travel southward," she said, her voice gravelly. "These gentlemen may have other business. I'm not sure." She glanced back at them and nodded with her, her eyes happening to glance at the woman for just a second.

Well, she's a god, right? Of course she'd have a pretty face, the one who snagged Koyama.

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri May 29, 2020 8:48 am

"Of course. Please, speak your piece. We will address each issue one at a time," she said, settling down across from Phi.
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 am

"Thank you." Hanzou said quietly, stepping inside and sitting down.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 9:10 am

Once settled, she breathed in and out and then went into it. She had... personal matters to discuss, but those could wait until the others had spoken their peace. Business needed to be addressed.

"The local retainers aren't up to night patrols. I've taken up the Hour of the Ox since we came down from the mountains, but I haven't seen nearly enough on duty each night. With what happened in the swamp, we can't take this risk again. We're going to lose people, they're goingto die, and they're going to turn into some tentacled whatever it is Saruko described to me. I don't know who's officially in charge here, Reiko, you, your brother or Shinsei, but we need at least three of us to adjust our sleep schedules and handle the hours before the Ox, and three more to handle Ox on. We've got some good eyes here. they need to be put to work properly, and if we need a formal rotation, then we need it."

Whew. that was a lot. Breathe Phi. Breathe. Ok, she was nervous. Just a bit.

(OOC: "Local Retainers" is meant to refer to generic minor NPCs who may or may not be attending the caravan with them but who never get names.)

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri May 29, 2020 9:22 am

Shinjo's brows furrow. "There was a formal rotation." Her fingers tap rapidly on the tabletop. "They didn't report anything the other night."

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri May 29, 2020 9:24 am

"I volunteer." Hanzou spoke up. "I've been streep scouting, hunting and foraging during the day, but I can adjust."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 9:27 am

"I believe it was affecting the minds of those of us out there. Whatever this is, it's powerful. But ... maybe we should look at it, double it up somewhat for the night hours. I know that I'll be staying at the hour of the Ox." Her cheeks colored a little. She'd been affected that night, and it didn't make her feel good about her own duties. "I just know... what we dealt with, it's going to get worse."

She looked at Hanzou and nodded. "Maybe... we could take some volunteers to bolster it?"

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 am

She nodded seriously. "I understand. I will put out the call for more volunteers on night watches."

Run by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 9:41 am

She breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Shinjo. It's... been nagging at me lately." Grunting a bit, she shifted back some and looked to the others. "But the two of you, you have business with her, yes? I have... something else I would ask, but ... it's not pressing." Well, a couple somethings, but she really wasn't quite sure how to ask What is it that Koyama saw in you without coming off as rude. She needed a minute to consider how to ask that question, because it was still ... a point of curiosity.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri May 29, 2020 9:53 am

"I have a few concerns and scheech questions." Hanzou nodded. "But, I was the cherk last of us to arrive here."

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri May 29, 2020 12:09 pm

She nodded. "We will wait on that, then."

She turned to Hanzou. "You spoke up. Speak your piece, Hanzou-san."

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri May 29, 2020 12:42 pm

"The creature we came across in the swamp, it was srencht horribly altered by whatever it had been in. I have some familiarity with the influence of the chich spirit realms." he explained. "If that was an example of what Jigoku can do, then sinckt we need to do whatever we can to protect ourselves. If we become as keesk corrupted as that poor animal was, we won't be able to save your brother."

"That said, I am curious as to what you and hrict your family think of other spirits of the realms dwelling in Ningendo." he added. "The pit your brother's fall created is the largest breach between shteesk this realm and another, but it is not the only one. Some spirits are malicious and dangerous, others sheech mischievous and annoying and many simply keep to themselves. I know that some are wary of vrist mankind, concerned with how they might be treated. wirr Should they be?"

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm

"Indeed... Great care must be taken."

"I think they would have had more to worry about if some of my other siblings had ascended." She politely refrained from mentioning which ones. "Shiba is more interested in learning about other denizens of the spirit realms than acting against them. Indeed, his husband and many of his court are of the Ayakashi tribe, who have extensive connections to Chikushudo."

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Fri May 29, 2020 2:27 pm

He nodded. That confirmed some of what Unmei had hoped.

"If such open acceptance is maintained and encouraged, you may shillsk find more take greater interest in you and your clans. Do you have a personal opinion in regard to spirits?"

Koun

Post by Koun » Fri May 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Koun bowed to the kami and followed along, taking a seat, just taking it all in stride as if talking to godlings was just part of a normal day.

"If more guards are needed, I will help," he says.
Wanderer - Hero of the People? - Happy Go Lucky - Naive - Warrior

Status: 0.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Reputation: Just this guy, you know?

I have a sword and a bow and people to help.

Return to “The Kami's Tent”