[D7 LA] Addressing an Issue (Open, Expecting)

Nozomi

Re: [D7 LA] Addressing an Issue (Open, Expecting)

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 9:36 pm

She nodded gratefully to Kuon. It seemed there would be sign ups very soon for volunteers to bolster the guard rotations at different hours of the night and probably evening, so that was ideal. But for the moment she was going to keep quiet and listen to the two of them. Her limited understanding of the things they were dealing with did not fall into a comprehension of the spirit realms, other than one or two of their names picked up more or less recently. She knew more the practical realities of this place and even then, barely any. So, this whole talk was straight over her head. Still, she listened, curious about Shinjo's responses.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sat May 30, 2020 1:43 am

Hanzou wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 2:27 pm
He nodded. That confirmed some of what Unmei had hoped.

"If such open acceptance is maintained and encouraged, you may shillsk find more take greater interest in you and your clans. Do you have a personal opinion in regard to spirits?"
"I'm interested in them. I like exploring and meeting new people. I intend my Clan to be welcoming to any who won't harm my people," she replied with a smile. "Not to a foolish degree, but that's my general stance. I think wisdom can be found in many places."
Koun wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:06 pm
Koun bowed to the kami and followed along, taking a seat, just taking it all in stride as if talking to godlings was just part of a normal day.

"If more guards are needed, I will help," he says.
She bowed her head to him. "Thank you."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 30, 2020 1:54 am

He nodded appreciatively. "If you don't mind, I will relay the information skith you've offered me to the spirit communities I am familiar with. Assuming I have the opportunity."

"I would be interested in learning chirk more about your family and your traditions, Lady Shinjo, when there is time." he added, before nodding to Kuon apologetically and sitting back to listen.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:18 am

Shinjo wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:43 am
She bowed her head to him. "Thank you."
Seeing that Kuon did not appear to be speaking up further just yet, Phi nodded to him. "Don't let me keep you if you have something important to discuss with Shinjo, but if there is a moment..." She turned and nodded to the woman, her tone softening from before. "If you do have a moment, Shinjo... I wanted to ask you something about your brother."

"Bayushi, that is." Yes, important clarification right there, because most people were understandably asking about someone else.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:34 am

She nodded. "He's a bit mysterious, even to us, but I will answer what I can."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 am

"Trust me, I've heard that about him a few times," Phi admitted, nodding over at Shinjo. She frowned a little. Considering that only two days ago, she'd been pledging to Nanzi's stupid face in front of a third of the camp that she'd be going to kneel in front of Bayushi, she felt a little put upon to know more about a man she had yet to even meet.

"Still, mystery or no, he is your brother. What can you tell me of him? I've pledged to seek him out when this is done, and I wish to know him better."

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:46 am

"Bayushi is an extremely practical man, and has a strong commitment to those who earn his loyalty," she said after a moment's thought. "Shiba is his twin, so him becoming Emperor was probably a best-case scenario in Bayushi's eyes. He's also extremely perceptive. He and Shiba assessed that something was wrong with out father before anyone else. If you think he doesn't know about something, you're probably wrong... If you've shown interest in approaching him, he's likely already aware of you."

"I think for him, most approaches to problem solving aren't off the table, especially if it's a matter of loyalty." She looked at the top of the tent, then shook her head. "I wonder sometimes if he threw the tournament."

Run by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:02 am

She looked uncomfortable and then shook her head.

"What you say helps, but it is... possible that he is unaware of my interest. My choice to consider him... only came when Reiko spoke to our people a year hence. I did not travel to Scorpion lands and we remain remote. The truth is, unless Bayushi Umeno got word back, or Reiko spoke of me personally in the last year, the only way he would have heard of me ... would be a merchant I bought a carving of him from a coupl months ago, or because I've been praying to his image nightly."

She coughed once into her hand. "And... I... spoke with Shinsei. He was... not sure if you directly hear our prayers, unless we are speaking to you personally. I... simply have not been important enough to even notice until now, and barely now, though I don't doubt his skills. Everyone has said as much."

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:37 am

Shinjo actually snorted. "Knowing him, he might've been the merchant... well, maybe not unless he was very tall or very hunched... at least the merchant may have been a spy. Keeping track of those with an interest like that would be entirely in character."

"We don't hear mortal prayers that I know of."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:01 am

"They were not... but I will keep that in mind," she admitted. the possibility of a spy was at least believable. "We are in lands adjacent to his, so a spy might be a way to keep tabs, make sure we don't intend harm to his." which, really, they didn't. They wanted to be left along as a general rule.

"What sorts has he sought to work beside him most? People of a similar... mindset?"

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:25 am

She nodded. "A variety of skills, but similar values."

Run by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:37 am

"I will..." Thanks to someone pushing her buttons. "Be presenting myself officially to him once we escape. Provided I am still amongst the living. Is there anything I should best know not to do?" You know, besides trying to break into his garden, because why would you even do that?!?

"Also... I ... wanted to thank you for answering something a moment ago. You confirmed what I had misunderstood. You do not hear our prayers as might Bishamon in heaven. Because you are here, he said. Thank you. To know that for truth does help me."

Return to “The Kami's Tent”