Day 5 LA: Meditations

Wu

Day 5 LA: Meditations

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 8:57 am

It had been five days now, five days of travel and vigilance. It was as good a moment as any, he though, to have a conversation with the man called Shinsei.

Wu approached the tent and knocked on a nearby tree
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Shinsei

Re: Day 5 LA: Meditations

Post by Shinsei » Wed May 27, 2020 9:18 am

Knocking on the tree had the interesting effect of startling Karasu, who started to caw and fuss loudly, until there was a stirring within the tent. A moment later Shinsei peered out from his tent to see what was causing all the racket.

"Oh, hello there. Don't mind the crow, he's very much overreacting."
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 9:26 am

Wu was somewhat startled but the crow's intense cawing but regained composure when the men peered out of his tent.

''Good afternoon...and my apologies to you and your friend if I caused trouble: I just wished to know if you had a moment to discuss. I can come back another time, if you wish.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed May 27, 2020 9:40 am

Shinsei raised a placating hand and simply fixed his gaze on the crow for a moment. Karasu settled down almost immediately, and began preening.

"No trouble at all. As I said, he's just making a fuss out of nothing." He stepped out of his tent with a stretch of his shoulders. "What is it that you wish to discuss?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 12:33 am

''I heard Shirayuki speak of you in good terms and you have a reputation for wisdom. I wondered if you would be amiable to speak about our current quest and, perhaps, the notion of enlightment.''

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 am

"Ah, the easy questions..." Shinsei offered a smile, then gestured to his preferred sitting rock. "Which of the two would you prefer to discuss first? Those topics don't easily cross over each other."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 2:49 am

''As I am the one coming to your tent...why don't you choose which topic interests you more?'' Wu offered while following the man

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 3:45 am

Shinsei inhaled deeply and sighed, taking a seat on his rock as he glanced towards the shadows to the south. "I've spoken much on our quest and have yet more to do. I should like to discuss the rarer topic of enlightenment, since it's on offer currently."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 3:57 am

Wu nodded and sat on a log nearby

''It is quite the interesting topic even if I have difficulty knowing what it or even explaining what I know of it.'' he had to admit. He did not seeme to be frustrated by that notion, however.

''Do you seek it as well, master Shinsei?''

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 4:08 am

"I'm far from a master in my own eyes, and I do not seek it, as many might suspect. Searching for enlightenment is a conundrum, likely the greatest of all of them, in fact." He glanced at Wu. "Have you ever heard anyone say that you must live without attachments to find enlightenment?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 4:19 am

''I did...but I do not think one can live in the world without them. What drives a man utterly without attachments?''

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 4:30 am

"It is difficult, certainly. But the ideal is more about living without being ruled by your attachments, rather than simply having none. Getting attached to things, ideas...people... this is a part of life. And the harshest lesson for many who seek enlightenment, is to point out their attachment to the idea itself."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 4:45 am

''I know.'' he said honestly ''I always believed that to seek enlightment is to accept one will never reach it for one could never know if one truly does or if that is an illusion of one's desire.''

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 4:50 am

"And so the true master of enlightenment simply lives, learns, and lives some more. It is much like perfection, forever sought but never truly reached. None who claim to have achieved it are speaking true, because it means they are no longer searching for it."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 5:03 am

''It's the journey, not the destination'' he agreed ''Unless the universe actually reaches out to pat you in the back and give you a commemorative fruit basket that is.''

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 5:42 am

"A commemorative fruit basket?" That was an alien concept to Shinsei in its entirety. "Is that a tribal custom or some new trend of the empire I'm not yet aware of? Was it Doji? It sounds very Doji..."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 6:46 am

''Fruits can prove to be a rare commodity in certain communities are luxury gifts.'' he explained ''Many villages farm produce that can sustain and can be stored for a long time so fruits are really the last thing that are sowed.''

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 7:23 am

Shinsei nodded, but still seemed a bit perplexed. "I see. How does the basket come into play and in what manner is it commemorative?"

Run by GM Bakuriel

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 8:06 am

''A fruit basket would represent a great gift for an occasion of note, especially if the fruits are unsual and rare in the region.''

he paused

''So, should enlightment be something you can attain, a fruit basket could be a reward.''

He paused again. Squinting at first, then nodded

''Right now I think I should at least get a peach for learning to restrain from humor, it is really not my strong point.''

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 am

As Shinsei pondered the supposed humor, Karasu hopped to the far side of the tent and let out a loud series of caws that might have been laughter.

"I wouldn't say it's especially my strong suit either, but at least Karasu seems to find it amusing."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”