Visiting The In-Law (D5, LM)

Togashi Saruko

Visiting The In-Law (D5, LM)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 3:14 am

Saruko took a deep breath as she approached the tents that the Kami had set up. Just to be safe, she hadn't brought her staff with her, since she didn't want to run the risk of actually bopping her bond-family on the head.

Even if he might deserve it. Depending on what he said, she guessed.

"Brother Hantei-Kami?" the wife of Togashi inquired outside the tent, hoping Hantei was available.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei

Re: Visiting The In-Law (D5, LM)

Post by Hantei » Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 am

There was a short delay before Hantei appeared looking slightly down to Saruko his smile as small and gentle as is usually was and his voice soft but commanding "Ah hello Saruko-san, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company today?"

He stepped aside and held the tent flap open "please come inside."
Kami | Paragon of Honor | Leadership | Virtuous | Irreproachable

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Played by GM Tyrus

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 5:34 am

"Can't family visit eachother without reason?" Saruko said with a wry smile, "but as much as I enjoy your company, there's something I wanted to talk to about."

She bowed. Not as perfect as Doji would have wanted, but it was good enough. "Thank you for your hospitality." Oh, praise the Sun, I wouldn't want to do this talk outdoors! Mentally she prepared herself to be smoted... smited?

Accepting his offer to come inside, she stepped inside and took a moment to see how others lived in their tents on this trip.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Tue May 26, 2020 8:28 am

The tent is rather large and looks as if it has multiple "rooms" to it as well. The room it opens up into is a simple open area with reed mats and a table resting atop a crate. The other rooms are hidden by curtains but would logically contain their sleeping areas.

Hantei smiled down at his sister in law and nodded "Certainly they can but I have sneaking suspicion that you are not here simply to visit. You seem to be a woman of purpose. So please sit if you will and tell me what you wish to discuss." Hantei was ever direct spearing the heart of the issue without being blunt or rude.

Played by GM Tyrus

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 8:42 am

Gosh! Such luxury in just a tent! It made her wonder about what sort of opulence Hantei and Kinsen lived in at home. Hantei struck her as the type of man to like opulence.

"Oh, thank you. And yes! I like to think I'm a person with purpose!" she certainly had more exuberance than Togashi. Happily taking a seat, her cheery expression had to be put aside for a more stern one. "I'm... hmm..." a moment's pause, since it was kind of a delicate matter. "There's a matter of concern, and I saw no other option than to ask you directly. If you'll pardon my bluntness."

"But I've been very concerned since I learned that Lady Kinsen didn't know about the protective properties of jade, and had set out on this journey without it or being informed about it. Because you were at the meeting in Great Mountain City where the others stressed its importance, yes?"

Theme 2Profile

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Tue May 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Hantei smiled a small amused smile at Saruko's exuberance he had always found the pair an unlikely one but in the end though that she made a good foil to the often reserved and introspective monk.

At her question, or really, accusation Hantei quirked an eyebrow at her "Well I of course secured a small amount of jade for her before we left seidou lands, i simply hadn't given it to her yet as I believe we are still too far away for the influence to be a proper threat." He explained calmly.

"As for telling her about it, I believe I mentioned it or at least I meant to. Kinsen was of very singular and emphatic thought when I returned from the meeting and then things have moved so fast getting everything ready to leave. I think I mentioned it in passing while we reviewed our belongings before we left but did not talk at length about it."

Played by GM Tyrus

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 8:36 pm

What Hantei said did put her at ease, which was visible in her posture. It seemed a great relief to her.

"She had seemed so utterly unaware about any of it, I was worried." Even if they werent particularly close the concern had been genuine.

"Please, also be careful with, uhm, ideas of growing the family while here. I pray nothing happens to Lady Kinsen, but if it did, it could be a great danger to any child she carries. It's a terrible and cruel realm we're fighting."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed May 27, 2020 1:14 am

Hantei smiled and nodded "Your care and concern is both noted and appreciated Saruko-san, but please believe that I will be doing my best to protect Kinsen and ensuring no harm befalls her."

Then he chuckled lightly "as for your other concern you may want to give that particular warning to her. She can be.....quite insistent when she wants to be."

Played by GM Tyrus

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed May 27, 2020 1:42 am

Her expression was somewhere between frown and smirk. "I did tell her as much, but I thought it would be best to tell you both. I know it would be hard to tell your brother that anything bad happened to either of you."

Still she seemed relieved by Hantei's reassurances as she gave a sigh. "I just want as many as possible to return safely."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed May 27, 2020 5:21 am

Hantei's gentle expression turned slightly sad at her words "Yes I do as well but....we also have to accept there will most likely be some losses. Part of me even worries about me and my sister's safety." He took a deep breath "but we will do what we must as safely as possible."

Played by GM Tyrus

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed May 27, 2020 7:07 am

The loss of the any of the Kami would be a great blow to the way destiny was shaping, she knew. "It's possible that, as children of the Sun and Moon, you and Shinjo-Kami-sama have a stronger resistance to this corruption. It would explain how your brother has held on for so long." But for how much longer...? I pray we're not too late, or that we're being lured into a trap.

"I think... that if either of your were to be in danger, the losses would be... difficult. So many look up to you both and admire you, and would leap to your defense without hesitation, even if you're stronger and tougher than almost all of us. And if we were to save one Kami at the cost of another, it would be a terrible loss to the fledgling Empire."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Wed May 27, 2020 9:41 am

Hantei nodded his expression grim "yes I believe we should be able to easily resist the taint but I feel as if we are in a river of destiny and none of us can really predict where we will end up caught in its eddies and currents." He shook his head with a small smile "ah but I make a poor philosopher, I should leave such things to your husband."

Played by GM Tyrus

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed May 27, 2020 9:48 am

"My dear husband holds much the same belief as Teacher Shinsei; the Fortunes favor the mortal man. However, he also says that we are are drawing closer to a great nexus - a great event that will forever effect the path going forward. And from what I understand, that makes it difficult to predict the events. It was similar during your Tournament, five years ago."

There was a certain fondness in her voice as she spoke of Togashi. It was subtle and quiet, but no less true than if she had proclaimed it loudly. "All I can advise is to have faith in the strength of mortal men."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Thu May 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Hantei nodded "well I would be a fool to dismiss the notions of two of the wisest people I have met so far." he said with a small smile "Togashi-san hasn't failed me yet, I don't expect him to start now."

Played by GM Tyrus

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 11:10 pm

"Family support one another in times of need," she gave him a small smile in return, though a sincere one. "If there's anything I can do to help while we're here, you need only ask, as you are my family by extension of bonds."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei

Post by Hantei » Sat May 30, 2020 4:49 am

Hantei nodded "yes Saruko-san and the river flows both ways if you shouldbrequire assistance with anything and I am free to do so simply call on me."

Played by GM Tyrus

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 30, 2020 7:51 am

"Thank you, brother Hantei," she inclined her head in a small bow, to show her gratitude. "I hope it will not be needed, but I'm glad to know that."

"Ah, I've probably taken up much of your time already. It must be a lot of work running this mission."

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Kami's Tent”