[Day 3, Early Evening] Here to See a Man About a Vision

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 3, Early Evening] Here to See a Man About a Vision

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 24, 2020 11:20 am

"Might the Nezumi know more?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun May 24, 2020 11:30 am

"That is possible, I've met one or two on my travels, but never have had the ability to speak at length with a group of them. Mostly I encountered the occasional hunting pack on my travels to the edge of the corrupted lands." Shinsei rubbed his chin in thought, having only barely considered the Nezumi up to this point.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 24, 2020 1:05 pm

"I've only met one, but what I gleaned of their culture... I'd say they know a thing or two."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun May 24, 2020 1:07 pm

"Then I would say it's worth asking one of them about it. We don't have many here, so we can't guarantee that they'll know what we want, but anything is better than the fragmented pieces I've managed to assemble so far."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 24, 2020 4:14 pm

"I will see what I can do, but they've been keeping to themselves on the march. No surprise, given their history with the Seidou."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Sun May 24, 2020 9:50 pm

"Given their history with most of mankind, really." Shinsei sat up and swept his hand out towards the tents and wagons of the expedition. "They've not had much in the way of positive experiences with any of us."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 3:33 am

"I honestly have no idea about that history, truth be told. Didn't really come up in my one conversation... I don't suppose you could fill me in, just to keep me from bringing up sore points?"

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon May 25, 2020 3:41 am

Shinsei folded his hands into his lap, expression flat and calm. "Well, you're human. That's the first major issue. Most of their interactions with us have involved the Seidou, and those have been unpleasant and bloody. Beyond that, the ones I encountered were mostly concerned that I had become corrupt during my travels. They are very, very wary and suspicious of us. Often with good reason."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 4:00 am

Sora half-smiled.

"I like them already. Do we know the root of their issues with the Seidou?"

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon May 25, 2020 4:26 am

"Well, if I were to hazard a guess," Shinsei rubbed his chin in an exaggerated manner. "I'd say it's because they look like giant bipedal rats with big intimidating weapons."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 4:32 am

That got a brief laugh.

"Yeah, but they can speak our language reasonably well and seem willing to talk- the one I've met, anyway, I admit, I haven't got a broad experience, but... I used to kill people in the mountains for being on the wrong side of a river, doesn't mean it was the right way to go about things."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon May 25, 2020 4:58 am

"Certainly not, but I imagine if you went to the other side of that river to have a chat that you wouldn't get a particularly warm reception. That they're willing to work with us at all should say something of the dire nature of this mission."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 5:00 am

"Then they deserve all the patience we can muster."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon May 25, 2020 5:23 am

"I pray that is enough to secure their further cooperation." He sighed, not enjoying the tension likely to be stirred up along the way. "But it is, at least, a path to follow that otherwise wasn't there before."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 5:32 am

"Might be time for a new beginning, hm? I mean, easy for me to say, since I have no history with them, but..."

He shrugged.

"If a Hikaru killer can become the protector of a Kami's children, or if Nanzi and I can get through a conversation without serious disagreement, I no longer believe in impossibilities."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon May 25, 2020 5:53 am

Shinsei contemplated that in silence for a moment, then nodded. "Yes, it seems as if times are changing for many, and quite rapidly. There won't be much time to adjust, so I hope enough of us can share your attitude going into our future."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 5:58 am

"Well, every sense we have is an instrument for responding to change, so... we're all equipped for it."

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Mon May 25, 2020 6:16 am

To that he simply nodded, hoping that optimism would prove true. While he was considering what to say, Karasu returned from his tent rolling and landed on Sora's head.

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 6:29 am

Sora looked up, not moving his head.

"Oi. Bird. Karasu, is it? If you find anything good up there, let me know, hm?"

Crow

Post by Crow » Mon May 25, 2020 6:31 am

Karasu, for his part, started lightly pecking at the occasional rat's nest in Sora's hair, hoping to find an actual rat in there somewhere.
Crow + Birb + Mischievous

Played by GM Bakuriel

Return to “Shinsei's Tent”