Desperately Seeking Shinjo (D3, EA, Open if it makes sense)

Jin

Desperately Seeking Shinjo (D3, EA, Open if it makes sense)

Post by Jin » Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 pm

Though what Jin had learned was vital to share swiftly it could wait long enough for basic decorum. As such the daimyo did not barge in to the tent of his lady but the afternoon sun found him announcing himself outside of it. Scratching at the door with his good hand.

"Shinjo, it is Jin. I have an important matter to speak of. May I enter? And, if not now, then when should I return?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Re: Desperately Seeking Shinjo (D3, EA, Open if it makes sense)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 3:34 am

A familiar figure also approached.

He'd meant to give the Emperor's greetings to his siblings earlier, but everyone had been so damned busy...

Well, well, well.

He waited, allowing his friend to receive a reply before directly intruding.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 am

Jin nods as he sees the other man approach, "Sora. It is likely good that you are here as well since you can bring news back to Shiba assuming we make it out of this."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 3:53 am

"Hell, I'll send back one of the injured or someone who loses their nerve with a letter if it comes to that. Especially since it sounds important."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 3:55 am

Jin nods, "I believe it is. Perhaps related to our current endeavor and perhaps a threat yet on the horizon."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 4:17 am

"Then it's a good thing I had some social niceties to bring me here."

A pause.

"I met some of your followers. Quite a wide-eyed bunch you've assembled"

He sounded amused.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:19 am

Jin can't help but grin despite his earlier concern, "I wish I could have convinced them to stay behind. I dread seeing any of that wonder and innocence crushed by what we must face ahead of us. But a teacher needs to know when it is time to let the student choose their own path."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 4:23 am

"Might be just as well."

He sighed.

"I have similar thoughts about the kids- I hate to think of them coming up against the ugly crap this world has on offer. Still, you know how it goes- shield the young too much, and they'll never grow tough enough to handle things when we're gone."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:27 am

In truth Jin really didn't know, his own upbringing having held little shielding at all, but he nodded before returning to his original worries, "Have you visited the standing stone in the woods yet?"

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 4:28 am

"I have not. I did pop by the abandoned watchpost, though.. Anything to worry about there?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:30 am

Jin shakes his head, "Not an immediate threat. It is where I learned of what brings me here. The spirit of the stone told my a tale, in its manner, but spirits of earth and stone are not very talkative. I wondered if perhaps your vision might see something that mine would not."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 4:38 am

"It's not always the most reliable, but I could certainly check it out. Although if this a matter of the past... my eye generally doesn't bring that up. Or is this about a thing that might happen?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:45 am

"Apparently both. The standing stone is apparently a record of a past race, or races - that part wasn't entirely clear, a marker of a great war they fought. But the stone said the war had been fought before that and before that again... and that it would be fought again within the lifespan of a man."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 am

"Well, I'll have to go see what I can see. Might be I can find some pieces that match gaps in what you have."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:58 am

"It would be appreciated. Perhaps it is related to this and is the fate if we fail and their brother is lost. But it may be even if we win there is a greater battle yet ahead and, if so, we need to be prepared."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 5:12 am

"There's always a battle ahead, my friend. But I'm glad you've turned up some signs of this one. This 'empire' is, like most newborns, a fragile thing."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 5:14 am

"True, but few battles that echo through the ages repeating again and again. I am glad my curiosity won out - the time and patience needed to speak with stone means it is not something I often undertake."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 5:16 am

The former Hikaru chuckled.

"Funny, you always struck me as the patient type. But if it's... cyclical... yes, I think I'll go give this marker a look once we're done here."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 5:22 am

Jin laughs a little, "I am but have you ever waited for a mountain to decide which way it wants to move? The spirits of earth have lived from the day the stone was formed until today. The way they view the world, and time, is often alien to us."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 5:25 am

"Well, I'm just glad somebody can talk to them. There's a lot to know out there, and given the limitations of our senses and lifespans..."

Return to “The Kami's Tent”