(D1, EM, Open) Free Water

Bayushi Umeno

Re: (D1, EM, Open) Free Water

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 22, 2020 2:25 am

"There is always the third option, that they don't know what the outcome of this expedition will be. I agree that I doubt they would march us to our deaths greatly, but they most certainly haven't shown that they're infallible. Whatever our enemy might be, whomever they might be, the kami can't defeat them on their own, or they wouldn't have called up volunteer's to help them. That makes me believe they're uncertain."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Fri May 22, 2020 3:15 am

"I am not suggesting they know the future." He had considered that, however. "But why risk two of their kind to save one, if they thought it hopeless?" Yogo had hard time imaging his tribe sending two good men to save someone from bear's claws unless they knew what they were doing. "Hmhm? I guess. Then again, I could be stuck in my little village, or I can be here marching with the Divine Beings." It seemed that the young mad had his preferences.
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 22, 2020 3:57 am

Umeno finally gave a small shrug. "Well in the end, I wouldn't be here if I thought the matter hopeless, nor would my lord have sent me. You can look at it as positively as you wish, but even with all the things in favor of the expedition, I'll stick with being cautious. It's served me well up until now after all."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Fri May 22, 2020 4:45 am

"Well." Shrugging, the young man leaned back, sprawling his arms on the side of the pool. "I am not saying we should run to the woods our eyes closed, but... I don't think the situation is that dire." The situation was likely actually that dire.
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Fri May 22, 2020 5:41 am

Umeno chuckled quietly. "We shall see, shan't we? Better you on the front lines than me in that case."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Fri May 22, 2020 1:47 pm

"So, if you really don't want to be here, why not walk away?" he asked, sounding earnest enough. "I mean, you said you were sent here but, if you think they don't care for you, well. You are young and there are plenty of villages out there." Yogo waved his hand in the general direction of north. "That all could use extra pair of hands."
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed May 27, 2020 8:13 am

Umeno gave a small smirk. "I don't think anyone cares for me. If that was all it took for me to leave, I'd be a hermit. No, I may have been sent here, but I wouldn't have followed Bayushi if I didn't want to, the same as following his orders. Scorpion lands most certainly need their own sort of help, but I was promised more fighting down south, so I came."

Standing up, Umeno didn't show a lot of embarrassment or modesty as she strode out of the water and grabbed her towel to dry off. She looked over her shoulder and gave Yogo a grin. "That said, there's a difference between wanting to go fight and throwing yourself recklessly into the fray. I will find my own blood to spill, no matter how cautious I am. I still wish you the best of luck in becoming a hero though, truthfully. I just don't see the appeal."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Wed May 27, 2020 6:36 pm

"Hmhm. Not even Bayushi?" he asked, an eyebrow raising a little. "Hum. More fighting you say. And I thought you were bitter about the danger we are heading to - or being sent to."

He remained sitting when she stood up, glancing at Umeno only when she spoke again. "Hmhm. May you find all the blood you want and may you spill none of yours!" The young man wished her in return, his tone friendly.
Description

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Thu May 28, 2020 12:22 am

"No, not even Bayushi." Umeno smirked a bit. "And thank you, Yogo-san. For now, I'm glad enough for no more fighting, but there'll be no avoiding it soon enough, have no worries. Take care."

Having dried off fully, Umeno made her way out to go get dressed.

/exit

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Thu May 28, 2020 2:01 pm

"Take care." he bobbed his head at Umeno before allowing his body sink deeper into the hot water.

/scene
Description

Return to “The Bathhouse”